Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin or Altcoin? - page 8. (Read 4251 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
June 10, 2017, 03:17:16 AM
I think some altcoin will replace bitcoin in the future, this is a very young world, and alts have many new and novel implementations, it would be good to keep a percentage in bitcoin and invest in other alts
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
June 10, 2017, 03:09:17 AM
I don't think so, although there are a lot of investors have swiched to Altcoins but Bitcoin is still there, its community still grows up and so that, Bitcoin may not crash
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
June 10, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
the question is switch to altcoins for what?

for a better security? Hah, you wish.
for a better code? not really.
for a better developers team (as far as coding is concerned)? again no
for a more peer reviewed and bug free code? absolutely not!
for cheaper transactions? not really, because the only time they use it is when they send coins to and from exchanges to trade them!

for usage as a currency? obviously not, there is no where to spend majority of altcoins and only a couple of them such as litecoin have some use cases which not that many uses.

so i ask the question again: why would they switch to altcoins?
the answer is simple: because altcoins are rising more because of their pumps and also because many are caught up in the hype and all the advertisement they hear about how good XYZcoin is. and they miss the fact that most of them are broken, the top ones have terrible scaling issue and are heading to a much higher transaction fees than bitcoin has or will have.
and you know what, when the altcoin dumpings started you'll see how many will stick around.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
June 10, 2017, 01:55:14 AM
While Bitcoin there are a few scaling options, it appears that a number of Bitcoin investors have been switching to Altcoins, and may not switch back to Bitcoins any time soon .
What will happen if investors continuously switch to altcoins? Will bitcoin crash ?
Pages:
Jump to: