Author

Topic: Bitcoin or gold? - page 415. (Read 984448 times)

Activity: 447
Merit: 250
May 17, 2016, 07:44:01 PM
Gold prefered for long term it is too risky to turn all your assets into bitcoin we never know what if someday in the future bitcoin crash to zero value
it is a very bad expectations bitcoin price is likely to be zero will always be there but not for a period of 100 years.
I believe bitcoin not yet reached its peak. so bitcoin still has a bright future. You do not need to think that bitcoin will drop to 0 because that price is still impossible now

Price falling to 0 means an end of bitcoin which is unlikely to happen in future, bitcoin has an potential to be more stronger then gold in future, so I will prefer to invest my money in bitcoin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
May 17, 2016, 07:34:53 PM
Gold prefered for long term it is too risky to turn all your assets into bitcoin we never know what if someday in the future bitcoin crash to zero value
it is a very bad expectations bitcoin price is likely to be zero will always be there but not for a period of 100 years.
I believe bitcoin not yet reached its peak. so bitcoin still has a bright future. You do not need to think that bitcoin will drop to 0 because that price is still impossible now
Activity: 375
May 17, 2016, 05:50:55 PM
yes gold will take care of us in the future but first we have to think about our present, we have to work for our present and when we make our present a good one then after that we will be able to work for our future and collect some amount for our retirement.

This is why gold and bitcoins should be considered as a synergistic investment: short-term vs long-term

Yeah and I think investing in both of them is the smart move to make, as we don't know what would be the outcome but at  least one product will justify our investments.
Activity: 742
May 17, 2016, 03:02:19 PM
yes gold will take care of us in the future but first we have to think about our present, we have to work for our present and when we make our present a good one then after that we will be able to work for our future and collect some amount for our retirement.

This is why gold and bitcoins should be considered as a synergistic investment: short-term vs long-term

Activity: 658
May 17, 2016, 02:58:11 PM
Gold will take care of me in future but at present I will choose to invest my all money into bitcoin because of halving which will allow me to make great profits.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
May 17, 2016, 02:51:27 PM
If I had to put all my worth in either gold or Bitcoin for the next ten years, I would go with bitcoin. The reason why is because in my amateur opinion, bitcoin has a higher ceiling as far as potential growth during the next ten years.

And since I don't have much wealth to begin with, I have more possibly to gain than lose.  Cheesy

Yeah I would prefer to do the same, I dont have enough faith in gold now but bitcoin will allow me get rich in short time So I will invest my money in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 17, 2016, 02:28:03 PM
Soros also disclosed owning call options on 1.05 million shares in the SPDR Gold Trust, an exchange-traded fund that tracks the price of gold. It was unclear if Soros has been influenced by Druckenmiller who earlier this month at the Sohn Conference, called gold his largest currency allocation as central bankers experiment with the "absurd notion of negative interest rates."

There is a short road (pun intended) from calls to puts, lol. Personally, I wouldn't bother, this is all paper gold... Options, Carl!
legendary
Activity: 1512
May 17, 2016, 02:27:14 PM
If I had to put all my worth in either gold or Bitcoin for the next ten years, I would go with bitcoin. The reason why is because in my amateur opinion, bitcoin has a higher ceiling as far as potential growth during the next ten years.

And since I don't have much wealth to begin with, I have more possibly to gain than lose.  Cheesy
Activity: 952
May 17, 2016, 02:21:08 PM
Gold will take care of me in future but at present I will choose to invest my all money into bitcoin because of halving which will allow me to make great profits.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
May 17, 2016, 02:16:17 PM
Used to think gold was past its due date as a investment compared to bitcoin but I think I have changed my stance on this in the last 3 months and would lean towards gold in the future.

When soros is ditching his stocks and ploughing his money in to gold you know something is up.

How do you know that he is not actually shorting gold?

But more notably was Soros' significant return to gold, after he acquired 1.7% of Barrick, making it the firm’s biggest U.S.-listed holding. This marks a prominent return to gold for Soros, who dissolving his stake in Barrick in the third quarter of last year.

Soros also disclosed owning call options on 1.05 million shares in the SPDR Gold Trust, an exchange-traded fund that tracks the price of gold. It was unclear if Soros has been influenced by Druckenmiller who earlier this month at the Sohn Conference, called gold his largest currency allocation as central bankers experiment with the "absurd notion of negative interest rates."

China has also just purchased a vault at a secret location in London capable of holding £80billion in gold

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36309062
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 17, 2016, 02:13:01 PM
Used to think gold was past its due date as a investment compared to bitcoin but I think I have changed my stance on this in the last 3 months and would lean towards gold in the future.

When soros is ditching his stocks and ploughing his money in to gold you know something is up.

How do you know that he is not actually shorting gold?
legendary
May 17, 2016, 02:11:15 PM

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
May 17, 2016, 02:10:35 PM
For making decisions some investments need time. Gold dont have those problems..
It proven good investment.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
May 17, 2016, 02:03:10 PM
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
May 17, 2016, 01:50:12 PM
Pobably bitcoin will be able to compete gold in 2-3 years, but now gold is better obviusly. No need to use any facts, people understanding it anyway.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
May 17, 2016, 12:49:48 PM
gold is actually better than gold if the price stability, However bitcoin can be used as a commercial enterprise by people who have artistic soul is good and has the soul of a great business. bitcoin have many opportunities to be doubled within a fairly short time
Activity: 868
May 17, 2016, 12:16:37 PM
gold, I would rather not to worry about my money.. gold price wouldn't change that much like BTC would
yes, gold is more stable and is secured by a variety of economic power in the world. gold is very convincing and offer security to invest. I put most of my investments to gold.

If we talk about safety, of course gold - price is much more stable, but when we speak about investment Bitcoin have much better prognosis.

For a really long term yes it will be gold to take the best pick. But if you are a person who goes online everyday and see the market flowing every minute then it would be best to go for bitcoin.

Yeah bitcoin can be really good in coming months as people are investing their money only in bitcoin only because we are approaching towards halving which can give best returns.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
May 17, 2016, 12:07:00 PM
gold, I would rather not to worry about my money.. gold price wouldn't change that much like BTC would
yes, gold is more stable and is secured by a variety of economic power in the world. gold is very convincing and offer security to invest. I put most of my investments to gold.

If we talk about safety, of course gold - price is much more stable, but when we speak about investment Bitcoin have much better prognosis.

For a really long term yes it will be gold to take the best pick. But if you are a person who goes online everyday and see the market flowing every minute then it would be best to go for bitcoin.
legendary
May 17, 2016, 12:03:31 PM
This tell you all you need to know about where gold price is going in the near future:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-17/soros-makes-gold-his-largest-holding-he-cuts-equity-exposure-lowest-2013-doubles-sp-
Activity: 602
May 17, 2016, 11:59:54 AM

Jump to: