Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin or Gold? What would you pick? - page 101. (Read 298970 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 21, 2016, 01:36:08 AM
that's a very difficult choice in a way, gold has had a massive fall in price compared to it's usually stable self, while BTC needless to say is a risky investment and investing big amounts in it is just for skilled traders IMO. I would prefer BTC now considering the current trend for a short term investment.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
January 21, 2016, 01:07:31 AM
I love Bitcoin and all the potential it offers... But unfortunately if I had to choose between Bitcoin and Gold and only be able to buy one I would have to go with Gold. Only because it would be so much easier selling the gold and converting it to Fiat currency if needed. I can basically walk into any gold broker with an American Eagle gold coin and walk out with cash in hand. Bitcoin still needs electronic transfer of some kind to make it to your hand. There's also the.local meet up method but that's much shader than going to a reputable gold broker

But the problem lies with the convenience of cashing out at will.  I know, at least where I'm located, that I can't think of a reputable gold broker around me.  All I can think of to get cash in hand at will, would be to go to some pawn shop down the road, and they would probably pay me peanuts to what the coin is actually worth (that's how they survive as a business, and thrive on people desperate for cash NOW).

I'm sure if I were to look up some good brokers around my location that I would be able to find someone... but it's not convenient for me.

I'm not saying all of this to take away from gold though... I love the concept of gold as a safe store of wealth; even though I don't personally own any bars right now at the moment.  But I plan on purchasing some down the road when I get some extra change in my pocket.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
January 20, 2016, 09:43:03 PM
for ordinary people (society) will certainly choose gold, they think gold is still an asset or investment that promises, I think it was because of the popularity of gold,
Imagine if bitcoin becomes popular, I think everyone will switch to bitcoin

Gold is indeed a great assets to have your money in.
That market has been here for a very long time.
I doubt that it will go away very soon.
yeah more historical than bitcoin gold, but gold will begin to ripen, fit the changing times
gold will be just as a piece of jewelry, not an investment
Activity: 658
January 20, 2016, 07:17:41 PM
I would choose both, bitcoin for short-term investments and gold for long-term investment .
You can not use bitcoin as a short-term investment, bitcoin price is very fluctuate right now, I can not convince bitcoin prices will rise or fall in the near future, it's the same with gambling, if you choose short-term investments for bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
January 20, 2016, 07:05:12 PM
I would choose both, bitcoin for short-term investments and gold for long-term investment .

That's the same thing I am doing. Well would do if my investment budget wasn't gone into some stock.
Right now bitcoin is the coin with potential.
Bitcoin is the only asset/currency with potential right now. Every other currency or commodity is generally working on a downward trend, and so it's far more likely to lose money in the stock market than it is to lose money in the Bitcoin economy right now.
Activity: 672
January 20, 2016, 07:00:15 PM

That's the same thing I am doing. Well would do if my investment budget wasn't gone into some stock.
Right now bitcoin is the coin with potential.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
January 20, 2016, 01:02:04 PM
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 20, 2016, 12:08:15 PM
for ordinary people (society) will certainly choose gold, they think gold is still an asset or investment that promises, I think it was because of the popularity of gold,

Gold is indeed a great assets to have your money in.
That market has been here for a very long time.
I doubt that it will go away very soon.
Activity: 532
January 20, 2016, 06:37:36 AM
Activity: 700
January 20, 2016, 04:36:07 AM
I love Bitcoin and all the potential it offers... But unfortunately if I had to choose between Bitcoin and Gold and only be able to buy one I would have to go with Gold. Only because it would be so much easier selling the gold and converting it to Fiat currency if needed. I can basically walk into any gold broker with an American Eagle gold coin and walk out with cash in hand. Bitcoin still needs electronic transfer of some kind to make it to your hand. There's also the.local meet up method but that's much shader than going to a reputable gold broker
It is very easy to convert Bitcoin to fiat nowadays. I keep both though. Never keep all your eggs in 1 basket. Am I right?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
January 20, 2016, 12:10:42 AM

I have always liked BOTH, and made that clear on occasion.

Nonetheless, my own choices have made it clear which I prefer between gold and BTC (in terms of US$ value of my holdings): Gold!

I own both, and am happy with both.  I just own more gold.  rmc0315 explains part of reasons why.  Gold's 5000 + year history explains much of the rest.

Gold and Bitcoin move differently, they are different "vectors" if you will.  Therefore, BOTH are a great part of diversification in one's own portfolio of assets.  There need be no either gold or BTC, BOTH is the best answer!
Activity: 18
January 19, 2016, 11:50:23 PM
Activity: 798
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 19, 2016, 10:55:44 PM
If given a choice, I'll choose to walk away with bitcoin. gold can be snatched by someone, while on bitcoin you need to brute my password to get it from me. besides, bitcoin price flactuate from deep down and rise up to the sky. and it all happens in just short period of time. so no need to wait long to profit.  Smiley
Activity: 252
January 19, 2016, 09:27:46 AM
If given a choice to walk away with either Bitcoin or gold of equivalent value, what would you pick?

Asians and Westerners were asked in Taipei in Chinese and English if they would take Bitcoin or gold home with them that day, and the answer might surprise you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6GiC8dqN9A

We just shot a video outside the Taipei 101 skyscraper area here and gave people a chance to answer if they would walk away with either Bitcoin or gold- and why.

If you were approached and were offered the same deal, would you walk away with Bitcoin or gold in your pocket, and why???

i will walk away with Bitcoin,of course i will choose bitcoin,we dont need pocket to carry bitcoin,and if you choose gold,your pocket might to weight,and bitcoin more fluctuate than gold,its interesting for me.
Activity: 34
January 19, 2016, 09:19:50 AM
wish both of them but BTC price is not more reliable as Gold so for short term earning i will choose Bot coin but for long term investment i choose GOLD
Activity: 140
January 16, 2016, 11:03:01 PM
I would rather pick gold than bitcoin, but if I have much money then I would like to buy both of them..
Activity: 448
Merit: 256
January 16, 2016, 09:31:54 PM
Gold is more or less a safe haven to invest into while Bitcoin is a high risk investment.

you have to pick what you want to do with your investment.
Activity: 154
January 16, 2016, 07:04:49 PM
If that chance would come to me? I would pick the gold. Because of its pricing (mentioned by other comments)

To my current living status and in reality, I would pick bitcoin because its much easier to do bitcoin than mining literally for gold.
Activity: 280
January 16, 2016, 04:56:07 PM
Right now it's way better t have some gold then some bitcoins.
The price is very volatlile, today you got 3k. Tomorrow it can be worth only 2.5k.
For me a stable asset is more important then just potential
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
January 16, 2016, 09:37:54 AM
Bitcoin is much better as it has a higher potential of price rise. Gold is too stable. If you invest in Bitcoin you will make profit, if you invest in gold, you won't make profit.

but gold is very safe. while bitcoin quite risky when the price dropped so far, but yeah bitcoin can earn huge profits as well as extremely high rise
I think gold could have the same risks as bitcoin, there was no safe in the investment, gold may experience falling prices, as in the data
gold has decreased continuously
Pages:
Jump to: