Author

Topic: Bitcoin or Gold? What would you pick? - page 105. (Read 298970 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 05, 2016, 07:13:18 PM
Bitcoin long term
Gold short + long term

Why limit yourself to just 1, if you can have both with so much ease?
Diversifying your investment is the first rule while investing.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
January 05, 2016, 06:04:23 PM
What about site called bitgold
Any one on this?
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
January 04, 2016, 11:30:28 AM
People would still use bitcoin under a ban but it would prevent mainstream adoption and limit growth and price potential.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
January 04, 2016, 11:30:14 AM
there is really no way to ban bitcoin at 100%, it's a just the best thing that the governments can do to spread fud and make you think that you can not use it anymore

I don't think that it will ever come to outright banning Bitcoin (say, in the US or Europe), but if, nevertheless, it will be banned, this ban will affect the Bitcoin price in the most adverse way. So, even you would be able to buy something with it, you won't be quite happy with the price asked...

Since people (here or elsewhere) are still thinking dollars, not bitcoins
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 04, 2016, 11:18:31 AM
If the whole system crashed would people still bother to go to work for worthless money, is the electric grid, network still going to be up?

Bitcoin wont get your far when the lights go out.

I dont know how integrated bitcoin is in your country but in the UK I dont know a single place locally I could spend them, however about 5 mins from my house there are jewellers and pawn shops.  I could walk in any time with some gold or silver and walk out with cash within 10 mins.

well bitcoin is not well accepted yet, the bolded part is the important one, we need to wait for the day when bitcoin will be accepted at least on par with gold and then fiat

but it's true now that bitcoin is already very well accepted online, you can buy basically everything already on the web, with bitcoin, so i do not see the problem

But what if Bitcoins gets banned by major Western countries? You wouldn't have the same opportunities to use your coins. This could lead to a major decrease meant in the value of the coin.

i cna always use it online to buy something abroad, for example if in a country bitcoin is banned

i can go ahead and use it on the amazon of another country, and receive the goods anyway, or pay someone here on the forum or in another place, and he buy it with money

there is really no way to ban bitcoin at 100%, it's a just the best thing that the governments can do to spread fud and make you think that you can not use it anymore
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 04, 2016, 08:48:12 AM
If the whole system crashed would people still bother to go to work for worthless money, is the electric grid, network still going to be up?

I dont know how integrated bitcoin is in your country but in the UK I dont know a single place locally I could spend them, however about 5 mins from my house there are jewellers and pawn shops.  I could walk in any time with some gold or silver and walk out with cash within 10 mins.

well bitcoin is not well accepted yet, the bolded part is the important one, we need to wait for the day when bitcoin will be accepted at least on par with gold and then fiat

but it's true now that bitcoin is already very well accepted online, you can buy basically everything already on the web, with bitcoin, so i do not see the problem

But what if Bitcoins gets banned by major Western countries? You wouldn't have the same opportunities to use your coins. This could lead to a major decrease meant in the value of the coin.
legendary
January 04, 2016, 08:26:22 AM

I dont know how integrated bitcoin is in your country but in the UK I dont know a single place locally I could spend them, however about 5 mins from my house there are jewellers and pawn shops.  I could walk in any time with some gold or silver and walk out with cash within 10 mins.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 04, 2016, 08:10:11 AM

Bitcoin won't get your far when the lights go out.

I don't know how integrated bitcoin is in your country but in the UK I don't know a single place locally I could spend them, however about 5 mins from my house there are jewellers and pawn shops.  I could walk in any time with some gold or silver and walk out with cash within 10 mins.

This.

This my one and only sole reason why I would personaly pick investment in gold rather than Bitcoin. When investing in gold, not via some exchanges where your gold is stored at banks etc., but by having the gold in your possession, you just can't lose all of your investment.
legendary
January 04, 2016, 07:41:51 AM

legendary
January 04, 2016, 07:17:57 AM

it has it's own weakness, and you know already what they are

especially when you use it as a currency, where bitcoin work much better

I dont need gold to work as a currency - I have currency for that.

Gold is my insurance policy, my out of the banking system away from prying eyes stash.

Its my long term bet that the USD will crash.

Gold doing well today after the China stock market crash, not seeing it reflected in BTC price though which I though it would.

ok let's assume that one day you're forced to use gold as a currency, because the whole fiat system crashed/collapsed or whatever

you're screwed right? because you said that you don't need it to work as a currency, and here where somethign like bitcoin will be more useful
legendary
January 04, 2016, 06:38:00 AM

I dont need gold to work as a currency - I have currency for that.

Gold is my insurance policy, my out of the banking system away from prying eyes stash.

Its my long term bet that the USD will crash.

Gold doing well today after the China stock market crash, not seeing it reflected in BTC price though which I though it would.
legendary
January 04, 2016, 03:54:03 AM
~snip~

Where I live physical gold mostly comes in the form of investment coins, and they are all cased for protection

@ deisik what coins are those?  Always looking to add something new to my stack -

Added a few oz more since I took this picture, up to 41 troy oz now Smiley

~snip~
by looking at this picture I would be more convinced that bitcoin is better.. I could invest as much as anything without worrying thinking about a place to save all of my bitcoin.
while gold? if you have many bars of gold. it would be difficult to carry and save

All fits in a box about 30cm X 20cm X 20cm.

No 3rd party risk, no electricity, network, blockchain, computers required.
Not damaged by impacts, emp, flood or fire.

Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
January 03, 2016, 10:02:44 PM
I choose bitcoin. because bitcoin is simple, online things, and you can earn it free. and the price itself keep competitive with gold. and if bitcoin price keep increase, many people will choose bitcoin than gold.

Apart for the earning method, you are right about the way the future usability will be.
I do think bitcoin is going to take over.

Activity: 406
January 03, 2016, 09:58:41 PM
i would pick bitcoin because i really like it and i dont prefer using gold

These are some solid arguments. I'am in!

On the other hand, no I am not.
Bitcoin has potential but's today gold is way more stable and with value then bitcoin.
Activity: 420
January 03, 2016, 09:29:43 PM
I choose bitcoin. because bitcoin is simple, online things, and you can earn it free. and the price itself keep competitive with gold. and if bitcoin price keep increase, many people will choose bitcoin than gold.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
January 03, 2016, 09:03:51 PM
I choose none of them.
Bitcoin is good but it lacks stability.
Gold is beautiful, but it lacks security.
legendary
January 02, 2016, 01:17:51 PM
~snip~

Where I live physical gold mostly comes in the form of investment coins, and they are all cased for protection

@ deisik what coins are those?  Always looking to add something new to my stack -

~snip~
by looking at this picture I would be more convinced that bitcoin is better.. I could invest as much as anything without worrying thinking about a place to save all of my bitcoin.
while gold? if you have many bars of gold. it would be difficult to carry and save

All fits in a box about 30cm X 20cm X 20cm.

No 3rd party risk, no electricity, network, blockchain, computers required.
Not damaged by impacts, emp, flood or fire.
Activity: 476
January 02, 2016, 12:52:51 PM
~snip~

@ deisik what coins are those?  Always looking to add something new to my stack -

~snip~
Activity: 952
January 02, 2016, 10:58:26 AM
limited supply, more potential future, stronger and bigger comunity also i can send it simply, i can trade it everyday 24/7
that why i choose bitcoin

Yeah and you can also carry as much bitcoin possible in your digital wallet and no one would be aware of it and it doesn't goes same with gold, as you cannot carry physical gold in higher quantity as there are certain limitations to carry gold.
Activity: 504
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 02, 2016, 10:40:23 AM
i would pick bitcoin because i really like it and i dont prefer using gold
Jump to: