Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin price alert idea - page 3. (Read 3843 times)

Activity: 155
Merit: 10
April 09, 2013, 05:28:28 PM
Absolutely, what kind of results were you looking for ROI, buy/sell gains, or what in particular?

Great!
Actually, questions 1,2,4,6,7. I am really interested about guarantees worth mentioning and biggest concerns.
Thank you
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
WTF???
April 09, 2013, 05:27:06 PM
I think people would definitely be interested in a service like that, but make sure it doesn't already exist. I know that the iPhone app btcReport supports price alerts by iOS notifications. If such an SMS service doesn't exist I'd say go for it. You may like to even include a service to automatically cash out their MtGox bitcoins, they would need to be happy giving you their API key however. You would need to access MtGox's API to implement this.

Yup, it already exists.

http://www.bitcointextmessage.com/

And it's pretty cheap too, 10 cents an alert, you set up the alert levels.

Thank you. Did you ever try?

Yeah, they give you the first two for free.
Activity: 609
Merit: 505
April 09, 2013, 05:20:26 PM
Bitcoin is skyrocketing. I would hope the crash is not going to come but it seems there is a spiral of greed and it will continue until the point where greed turns to fear and fear turn to panic.

Maybe. Or maybe it's happening because a whole slew of new businesses want to operate with bitcoins, and they are buying up a baseline level of bitcoin that they need to do business.

I am thinking to develop a Bitcoin price alert that will send SMS to a mobile phone if the price fall to a certain limit.

Does that sound a good idea?

That sounds like a good way to stress out about the price falling, and possibly do something silly like sell all your bitcoins at a bad price.

I have a more chill suggestion: find a level of investment that you're comfortable with, and quit watching the price. You might be much happier Smiley.
April 09, 2013, 05:19:41 PM
I think people would definitely be interested in a service like that, but make sure it doesn't already exist. I know that the iPhone app btcReport supports price alerts by iOS notifications. If such an SMS service doesn't exist I'd say go for it. You may like to even include a service to automatically cash out their MtGox bitcoins, they would need to be happy giving you their API key however. You would need to access MtGox's API to implement this.

Yup, it already exists.

Thank you. Did you ever try?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
WTF???
April 09, 2013, 05:13:15 PM

Yup, it already exists.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 09, 2013, 05:10:24 PM

Bitcoin is skyrocketing. I would hope the crash is not going to come but it seems there is a spiral of greed and it will continue until the point where greed turns to fear and fear turn to panic.

The bubble could crash while I sleep and there is nothing that would slow a Bitcoin crash.

Do you have any idea to prevent this scenario?

I am thinking to develop a Bitcoin price alert that will send SMS to a mobile phone if the price fall to a certain limit.

I've been considering adding public access to my online bitcoin trading service which could not only alert you of the criteria being met, but actually place the set stop-loss order (or buy stop order for that matter).

If you have any input I'm trying to find out about the bitcoin community's general attitude, expectations, and thoughts on the subject which you can fill out here.

It would be nice if you could share your result.

I answer your survey right away...
Absolutely, what kind of results were you looking for ROI, buy/sell gains, or what in particular?
April 09, 2013, 04:53:21 PM

The bubble could crash while I sleep and there is nothing that would slow a Bitcoin crash.

I've been considering adding public access to my online bitcoin trading service which could not only alert you of the criteria being met, but actually place the set stop-loss order (or buy stop order for that matter).

If you have any input I'm trying to find out about the bitcoin community's general attitude, expectations, and thoughts on the subject which you can fill out here.

It would be nice if you could share your result.

I answer your survey right away...
April 09, 2013, 04:49:46 PM

Thank you nitrous for your input.
My idea is close to btcreport.
I am not sure about people giving me their API key because I think I will not give mine to someone. I always think about create something from my point of view but the idea to build a stop loss and automaticaly cash out would be nice. It's all about trust and this is why I always post with my real name. I will think about it. Thanks again.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 09, 2013, 03:55:44 PM

Activity: 246
Merit: 250
April 09, 2013, 03:32:24 PM
April 09, 2013, 02:11:55 PM

Pages:
Jump to: