Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin prices jump to $600+ in... - page 6. (Read 7070 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
March 25, 2016, 08:09:30 AM
I voted on July 2016, that's my last hope I think.. after that, if there is no price increase, we could expect the price to just stay this level as there is no other reason that could pump up the price except the christmas holidays..

A lot of people are banking on the block reward halving for an increase in price.
That is more realistic than Christmas holidays.

well Christmas holidays are still the event that can make the price of the bitcoin grow as people will buy bitcoins in order to be able to buy some presents

Of course halving will have way more impact on bitcoin than the Christmas and I hope that the price of the bitcoin will grow significantly

"BTC will rise over Christmas" is an interesting variant on the "BTC will fall" theory that did the rounds last Christmas. Back then we had 2 Christmas rises (2011 and 2012) and 2 Christmas falls (2013 and 2014). Christmas 2015 saw a ~20% rise.

People sell BTC for fiat to buy Christmas presents, people use fiat to buy BTC to give as Christmas presents, and many people don't celebrate Christmas and continue about their daily routines, buying and selling BTC as usual. Historically Christmas provides no clear direction - price could go up, or it could go down.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
March 25, 2016, 07:56:07 AM
I voted on July 2016, that's my last hope I think.. after that, if there is no price increase, we could expect the price to just stay this level as there is no other reason that could pump up the price except the christmas holidays..

A lot of people are banking on the block reward halving for an increase in price.

well Christmas holidays are still the event that can make the price of the bitcoin grow as people will buy bitcoins in order to be able to buy some presents

Of course halving will have way more impact on bitcoin than the Christmas and I hope that the price of the bitcoin will grow significantly
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
March 25, 2016, 07:45:05 AM

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
March 24, 2016, 11:52:22 PM
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
March 23, 2016, 02:58:09 AM
we might not see the rise we were expecting for a longer time so i think the best time for price increase (the most possible date in my opinion) is around summer.

unless some new changes happen with bitcoin like the block size issue getting solved sooner.
Activity: 728
March 23, 2016, 12:10:46 AM
mid 2016 would be a better deal. once halving. hits.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
March 23, 2016, 12:09:52 AM
my vote goes to May or June 2016
mostly because i think the rise needs more time for the accumulation phase and also there needs to be some kind of fuse to initiate the rise first in order to see it otherwise it can't just go up as much as we hope without any initiative.
Activity: 420
March 22, 2016, 06:54:52 PM
Bitcoin is trending up. When will the price hit $600?
Please cast your vote and discuss.

I think tgat it will go so high in 2016 July because of halving, it should rise even more than 600$ of course, but i don't think that it can go so high earlier, not even if we will have rises only, still max we can go is 500$
well to be honest you are most probably right about that though if ethereum started failing we might see a huge increase before halving too

the price is pretty unpredictable right now as everyone is just waiting so even though it is stable for a while we dont know what will happen tomorrow

Indeed, I'm thinking the same thing but it still has to proof itself of course because the bitcoin itself is unpredictable if you ask me.
Its all a matter of time and I hope it will get to the 600 dollar by July.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
March 22, 2016, 06:22:44 PM

I think tgat it will go so high in 2016 July because of halving, it should rise even more than 600$ of course, but i don't think that it can go so high earlier, not even if we will have rises only, still max we can go is 500$
i really doubt that the price will go up that much because of the halving, it might go up back to 500 dollars per bitcoin but not more in my opinion

i think that the 600 dollar mark is only achievable by the end of this year as more people start adopting to bitcoins
Activity: 197
March 22, 2016, 05:50:30 PM

well to be honest you are most probably right about that though if ethereum started failing we might see a huge increase before halving too

the price is pretty unpredictable right now as everyone is just waiting so even though it is stable for a while we dont know what will happen tomorrow
Activity: 238
March 22, 2016, 03:45:28 PM

Activity: 224
March 05, 2016, 04:17:43 PM
I guess it is really time to add these two options, I mentioned earlier.Especially with the price now below $400 again.

why there are no options: later and never?
I don't believe we will go above $600 based on halving alone.
I haven't yet cast my vote.
I agree with that. The halving is an event which has not bee trustworthy in terms of a guaranteed price rise.
The only thing we know is it that it will happen. And 600 dollars is a very very long road.
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
cryptojunk bag holder
March 05, 2016, 01:18:58 PM
I guess it is really time to add these two options, I mentioned earlier.Especially with the price now below $400 again.

why there are no options: later and never?
I don't believe we will go above $600 based on halving alone.
I haven't yet cast my vote.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
March 03, 2016, 08:38:43 AM
I voted July 16, but I think it will take even longer...

I think it will not take longer than July 16. Since a good change is seems to be in price, so i believe it will rise soon. Maybe even before July !!

it can rise after the halving, none can say for sure that it will rise in 120 weeks or so like the halving date

don't look at litecoin, that is different, it was the first halving and the price was really bad
Activity: 398
March 03, 2016, 07:09:54 AM
I voted July 16, but I think it will take even longer...

I think it will not take longer than July 16. Since a good change is seems to be in price, so i believe it will rise soon. Maybe even before July !!
Activity: 994
March 03, 2016, 07:02:59 AM
i am sure that the bitcoin price will be at least $600 within May in general, the block generating is too fast in expectation. in addition the bitcoin price is halving. bitcoin price will not be that volatile until the block halves.

Yes, we can expect that price in next 3 months that it will reach to that mark, as the halving is also coming so we will see slow and steady growth  in bitcoin value for next few months.
There is a possibility that it can happen ofcourse. And I think that can also happen in the future, and that will be so good for us and Bitcoin.
But yeah you never know what can happen later in the future. But lets hope for the best thing.

There is also a halving coming indeed, and you can also see now that the price is slowly rising and that is also very good.
Activity: 210
March 03, 2016, 05:53:08 AM
i think july or september of 2016, july because of halving, it may rise price, and september because of after all rises and dumps after halving, when price will stabilise a little bit, we should see higher price

I think yes we can experience that price at the time of halving, as halving will have positive impact on the price of bitcoin, so may be by july we can achieve it or may be even higher.
Activity: 252
March 02, 2016, 02:29:09 PM
i think july or september of 2016, july because of halving, it may rise price, and september because of after all rises and dumps after halving, when price will stabilise a little bit, we should see higher price
Activity: 182
March 02, 2016, 09:14:41 AM
i am sure that the bitcoin price will be at least $600 within May in general, the block generating is too fast in expectation. in addition the bitcoin price is halving. bitcoin price will not be that volatile until the block halves.

Yes, we can expect that price in next 3 months that it will reach to that mark, as the halving is also coming so we will see slow and steady growth  in bitcoin value for next few months.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005
beware of your keys.
March 02, 2016, 09:13:16 AM
Pages:
Jump to: