Author

Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it - page 104. (Read 215742 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
Activity: 122
Merit: 11
P66 is in 20-2F range not in 30-3F.

How do you know that ?
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
Some rocket science, some dice, a few weeks of calm and quiet, a few cups of coffee and finally an HD wallet to generate 256 keys and then masking each key with 0s to place each key in a certain bit range.
Like :
9845224217be692ed430097d85a368999c01f3d14e5cf30c3b0ce72921e9d0cf

Replace the strike through characters with 0s and good to go.

I managed to take a snapshot of the situation when #66 is solved.

some mod ban this user please Huh his always reply with nothing to say about the puzzle, this is not a forum for memes, where are your new accounts ? we didint see your self reply to yourself anymore, stay away from this thread we are trying to solve a puzzle here,

P66 is in 20-2F range not in 30-3F.
Activity: 462
Merit: 24
I'm wondering if there is there any knowledge (or speculation!) of the methodology which was used in the creation of the transaction?

A few words about the puzzle.  There is no pattern.  It is just consecutive keys from a deterministic wallet (masked with leading 000...0001 to set difficulty).
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
Hello, sorry if this is a dumb question or has already been answered in a place I'm failing to find, I'm wondering if there is there any knowledge (or speculation!) of the methodology which was used in the creation of the transaction?

Many thanks

pseudospace.
You should use Bitcrack > https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcrack-a-tool-for-brute-forcing-private-keys-4453897
There is no need to check balance via API, you just place all funded addresses in a text file and set it as target, then the tool will grind through the range and if there is a match, it will save it to a file.

I've done that already. Waste of time for lower bit ranges and for higher it takes too long.

I can tell you one thing everything that can be stolen on bitcoin blockchain is already stolen Smiley
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi guys,

I am not sure if here is the correct place to ask but I need your help.
I need a secure, checked and efficient script that gets binaries (256bit) and returns:

1) private key (c)
2) private key (u)
3) public address in hex
4) public address
5) balance

or at least some of the above. As for the 5, i know that i need a connection to the API, so i prefer to suggest me of two different scripts because i want to run the 1-4 offline locally for speed.

If you have anything in mind TESTED and SECURE please let me know where to look.
Thanks
Activity: 10
But couldn't disabling rbf and banning the use of wallets for change solve this problem?
Activity: 38
The solution is "exclusive mining".

As a "proof of solution" you create a hash of the privatekey (or publickey), your username and bitcoin address and post the hash here and/or other services where you have a (more or less) trusted timestamp.
This is your evidence that you solved the key before any other person.

You create your transaction locally and pick one of the big (and trusted) miningpools and send your transaction directly to the pool (contact them via E-Mail or maybe they have a preferred way of contacting). This way the public-key will never get into the mempool.
Activity: 462
Merit: 24
I don't why out of sudden doublespend or replacemant is a problem with puzzle 66 but wasn't before with other puzzles ...

Or 67, 68, 69?   Grin
Activity: 272
Merit: 20
the right steps towerds the goal
Take your chances by deploying a bot to compete with the looter, otherwise you can kiss your coins good bye. Or just talk  with a large pool beforehand, you could offer them $10,000 bonus and if they include the tx in their block, other pools won't dare to mine that block again just to take those extra coins.

So you are claiming that any Bitcoin transaction could be double-spended and therefore all Bitcoin transactions are insecure. Makes sense ?

What do you think of a challenge? I transfer an amount of x coins, you only know the source address, which I will publish here. Its private key will be in the range of 66bit just like the mentioned puzzle. Then you siphon off the coins and transfer them to another address before I receive them just like you described the looter would. If the coins end up at your freely chosen address, you can keep them. If they end up with me, you have lost and made a fool of yourself. Deal ?

He is speaking quite accurately. I have witnessed numerous instances where some private keys which have been compromised. Many individuals have set up auto-send bots with those compromised keys. If any funds accidentally land there, they are immediately transferred, and it waits for confirmation. Suddenly, a miner arrives and brings 1 confirmation with him. Before the individuals transaction is confirmed, it conflicts with the 1 confirmation, and the funds are transferred to the miner who broadcasts the tx_hash with The hellll Angry Angry 1 confirmation with his pocket Shocked. I watch such cases about 4 or 5 times in a month. 1 ex: below

I urge Satoshi Nakamoto to promptly close this loophole. Only then will it be enjoyable to take on the challenge of this puzzle. Otherwise, it would be better for all of us to gracefully withdraw from this challenge. The one who has the private key and has signed the first transaction with sufficient fees, until that transaction is confirmed, no other tx_hash related to that address should be submitted in the mempool. Implementing this much is not a difficult task.
I don't why out of sudden doublespend or replacemant is a problem with puzzle 66 but wasn't before with other puzzles ...
Activity: 3

#66, #67, #68 and so on can be cracked within seconds using Kangaroo. I'm pretty sure there are bots watching those addresses.

Is placing transaction (with transaction fee enough to be included in next block) in the last second before new block will be mined will help?

I'm not sure, someone else with more knowledge than I will be able to better answer you. Although that's something I also thought of doing...  
Activity: 41
Merit: 2

#66, #67, #68 and so on can be cracked within seconds using Kangaroo. I'm pretty sure there are bots watching those addresses.

Is placing transaction (with transaction fee enough to be included in next block) in the last second before new block will be mined will help?
Activity: 3
Take your chances by deploying a bot to compete with the looter, otherwise you can kiss your coins good bye. Or just talk  with a large pool beforehand, you could offer them $10,000 bonus and if they include the tx in their block, other pools won't dare to mine that block again just to take those extra coins.

So you are claiming that any Bitcoin transaction could be double-spended and therefore all Bitcoin transactions are insecure. Makes sense ?

What do you think of a challenge? I transfer an amount of x coins, you only know the source address, which I will publish here. Then you siphon off the coins and transfer them to another address before I receive them just like you described the looter would. If the coins end up at your freely chosen address, you can keep them. If they end up with me, you have lost and made a fool of yourself. Deal ?

I am pretty sure he's only talking about the low bit challenge/puzzles, like #66.

Yeah... #66, #67, #68 and so on can be cracked within seconds using Kangaroo. I'm pretty sure there are bots watching those addresses. As soon as those pubkeys go live people will be warned and they'll have at least a 5-10 minutes window to solve the key and RBF. Right now with the Ordinals situation that window could be greater, specially if the solver decides to cheap out with the fees...
Bitcoin g33k
I forgot to mention that I will use a private within the 66bit key range, I edited my post above.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 237
Shooters Shoot...

What do you think of a challenge? I transfer an amount of x coins, you only know the source address, which I will publish here. Then you siphon off the coins and transfer them to another address before I receive them just like you described the looter would. If the coins end up at your freely chosen address, you can keep them. If they end up with me, you have lost and made a fool of yourself. Deal ?

I am pretty sure he's only talking about the low bit challenge/puzzles, like #66.
Bitcoin g33k

What do you think of a challenge? I transfer an amount of x coins, you only know the source address, which I will publish here. Its private key will be in the range of 66bit just like the mentioned puzzle. Then you siphon off the coins and transfer them to another address before I receive them just like you described the looter would. If the coins end up at your freely chosen address, you can keep them. If they end up with me, you have lost and made a fool of yourself. Deal ?
Activity: 43
Merit: 10

Yet someone snuck out #64....

It really makes no sense, I guess all that reading I did was wrong, about not using the RBF option, etc.

I guess I'll just have to take my chances.

I've read that most wallets are dropping the option to disable RBF, it's usually on by default now.

One can no longer find this option in the newest Electrum versions for example. Would need a version older than 4.4.0 to get that option back.

Also, #64 had 0.6 BTC back in 2022 when it was cracked.

While I don't consider that to be no little amount, the stakes are much higher now at 6.6 BTC for wallet #66.

I guess the solver would need to wait for the Russians to go to sleep before sneaking out those funds.  Cheesy
Activity: 1162
Merit: 237
Shooters Shoot...
If normally it would not be safe, imagine now with the mempool being congested as it is. It would not be wise to transfer anything out of the lower range wallets for a while if you manage to open one.

Yet someone snuck out #64....

It really makes no sense, I guess all that reading I did was wrong, about not using the RBF option, etc.

I guess I'll just have to take my chances.
Jump to: