Author

Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it - page 136. (Read 215607 times)

Activity: 239
Merit: 53
New ideas will be criticized and then admired.

Maybe because it more easy only save a single seed than 256 keys first or 160 later

Just my two satoshis

I don't see any point in using an HD to make a script when you could use random, it doesn't represent an improvement in security (as you say, it's less secure than random), in storage, or in complexity.
and since you assume he knows how to program, I'll assume he must have thought of that.

Activity: 862
Merit: 662
I don't see a logical position in using an HD wallet.

Maybe because it more easy only save a single seed than 256 keys first or 160 later

Just my two satoshis
I could create hundreds of scripts that match the puzzle, but the creator most likely edited the keys manually, otherwise random would be used instead of pre-generated HD wallets.

haven't you learned to quote properly?

It is not manually it is with some script, errors = ZERO
Don't you think you are assuming too much, with the little we know about the creator? We really don't even know if he knows how to program or not.
you just want to justify your answer against all possibilities.
He simply said that he used an HD wallet and modified the keys with zeros and ones, that is, he removed part of the keys to establish the difficulty.
If it were done through a script, it would be used randomly and not a pre-generated HD wallet because it would save lines and lines of code because each puzzle is different.
Besides, you always do the same thing. You say that there is no mathematical solution other than brute force because you tried and you didn't succeed. You are supposed to be the god of everything and we have to believe you? At what point did science stop being based on questioning the rest?.
The fact that you have created software by mixing all the findings of other people does not make you a wise scholar, just another programmer.

What do you think, someone who can create such a big puzzle cannot write a 4-line code?
Code:
key = '910ed3ab5775b97da1a33e38b72eba94f90addff7051f276c9d6c538c369632b'
last_index = 0
while last_index <= 255:
    mask = 1 << last_index
    mask_hex = mask + int(key, 16) % mask
    last_index += 1
    hexa = "%064x" % mask_hex
    print (hexa)
It's hard to believe that they would manually write each puzzle after extracting 256 keys from HD wallet.. At first, I thought you were saying all this as a joke, but you're actually defending your point seriously, still... who knows  Huh can't be denied that it might have been done manually Huh
First it's a big puzzle, why? only money makes it popular, it's not that he invented the wheel, it's a simple increment of numbers, the reason why I think He don't use a script is because anyone who has sufficient knowledge of bitcoin understands the limits of ecc and the associated hashes to bitcoin.
so to begin with it made no sense at all to put 256 keys from the beginning.
And if he used a script  could have used random, I don't see a logical position in using an HD wallet.
Based on that, he could have done anything crazy from then on.
It's like believing that the matches in 160 hashes have some relationship with the distribution of public keys in ECC, absurd.

But until the creator says anything, neither you nor I are right for sure.
Activity: 272
Merit: 20
the right steps towerds the goal

Who knows. Maybe it's just paper and pencil. Grin

No we have to believe at least his one and only hint Roll Eyes

A few words about the puzzle.  There is no pattern.  It is just consecutive keys from a deterministic wallet (masked with leading 000...0001 to set difficulty).

Activity: 462
Merit: 24

Who knows. Maybe it's just paper and pencil. Grin
I could create hundreds of scripts that match the puzzle, but the creator most likely edited the keys manually, otherwise random would be used instead of pre-generated HD wallets.

Don't you think you are assuming too much, with the little we know about the creator? We really don't even know if he knows how to program or not.
He simply said that he used an HD wallet and modified the keys with zeros and ones, that is, he removed part of the keys to establish the difficulty.
If it were done through a script, it would be used randomly and not a pre-generated HD wallet because it would save lines and lines of code because each puzzle is different.
Besides, you always do the same thing. You say that there is no mathematical solution other than brute force because you tried and you didn't succeed. You are supposed to be the god of everything and we have to believe you? At what point did science stop being based on questioning the rest?.
The fact that you have created software by mixing all the findings of other people does not make you a wise scholar, just another programmer.

What do you think, someone who can create such a big puzzle cannot write a 4-line code?
Code:
key = '910ed3ab5775b97da1a33e38b72eba94f90addff7051f276c9d6c538c369632b'
last_index = 0
while last_index <= 255:
    mask = 1 << last_index
    mask_hex = mask + int(key, 16) % mask
    last_index += 1
    hexa = "%064x" % mask_hex
    print (hexa)
It's hard to believe that they would manually write each puzzle after extracting 256 keys from HD wallet.. At first, I thought you were saying all this as a joke, but you're actually defending your point seriously, still... who knows  Huh can't be denied that it might have been done manually Huh
I assume the script is too. I also assume the author set the clock back or forward (from 2015) on the computer this script was running on. Grin
Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
ok gentleman, so back to bussiness ...  Grin
can we sequentially generate public keys within the range of 66 bit without having anything to do with the private key?

Hi, yes it is actually what most program do. They select a star key and it is convert to public key after that it only perfome point addition operations sequentially

This is fater because it avoid the scalar multiplication operation.

Also there is a lot shortcuts to perform the point addition faster, this is doing some group operation where you can save hundreds of steps.

First I did not give certainty about anything, I only said words like “the most logical”, “the most probable”, “and we assume”.
There is a big difference between my opinion and yours because you say it as if it were an irrefutable fact and I say it with assumptions, as it should be.

Well I already said it, all that I said and you said is based on our opinions and assumptions. We can settle this discussion now?

By the way I never said that that I am a god in anything.

I write this in another post:

I am just an average programmer,
Don't you think you are assuming too much, with the little we know about the creator?

The same if for you, Don't you think that you are assuming too much?

Bump!!

You said the he did it manually I said that it was made with and script or program.

WE DON'T HAVE WAY TO KNOW IT.

So we can finished all of our posts with the next sentence.

All that I write here is my personal opinion or speculation there is no proof of anything and all other users are also speculating
First I did not give certainty about anything, I only said words like “the most logical”, “the most probable”, “and we assume”.
There is a big difference between my opinion and yours because you say it as if it were an irrefutable fact and I say it with assumptions, as it should be.
Activity: 75
Merit: 5
Don't you think you are assuming too much, with the little we know about the creator?

Bump!!

You said the he did it manually I said that it was made with and script or program.

All that I write here is my personal opinion or speculation there is no proof of anything and all other users are also speculating

I am about to let it all go...
I have tried so may ways to get this to work
maybe we have been looking at the wrong direction the whole time
I need to ask a question, maybe the whole RMD160 or bas58 bruteforce is too slow
but 1 thing is also certain, there is no way to know the public key of number 66 if we dont have to compare the private key with the RMD160 or base58 I could have suggestedfor us to try bruteforcing for the public key maybe it could save us so much time and also boost the speed too.

can we sequentially generate public keys within the range of 66 bit without having anything to do with the private key?

Bump!!

What the creator should do is send 1 btc to me🤣...

Seriously speaking, the creator must reveal the solved puzzles that were emptied, because what do we know if, for example, the puzzles are not in the range we believe? If he had a mistake when creating 256 puzzles (he corrected it, years later), he could having made the mistake of putting some keys in other ranges, or worse still it could be a big joke and he himself has emptied the last unrevealed puzzles to buy a Ferrari🤪.

hahaha two bad jokes in a single post, bravo.

A few words about the puzzle.  There is no pattern.  It is just consecutive keys from a deterministic wallet (masked with leading 000...0001 to set difficulty).

• 1st method very close to creator hints -- probability of errors zero
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61993228

• 2nd method -- probability of errors zero
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62163538

there are many more.. But still, I would like to request the creator to please reveal all the keys from puzzle 161 to puzzle 256, to make this challenge a bit more interesting.

What the creator should do is send 1 btc to me🤣...

Seriously speaking, the creator must reveal the solved puzzles that were emptied, because what do we know if, for example, the puzzles are not in the range we believe? If he had a mistake when creating 256 puzzles (he corrected it, years later), he could having made the mistake of putting some keys in other ranges, or worse still it could be a big joke and he himself has emptied the last unrevealed puzzles to buy a Ferrari🤪.

hahaha two bad jokes in a single post, bravo.

A few words about the puzzle.  There is no pattern.  It is just consecutive keys from a deterministic wallet (masked with leading 000...0001 to set difficulty).

• 1st method very close to creator hints -- probability of errors zero
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61993228

• 2nd method -- probability of errors zero
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62163538

there are many more.. But still, I would like to request the creator to please reveal all the keys from puzzle 161 to puzzle 256, to make this challenge a bit more interesting.
Activity: 75
Merit: 5
It's been months since 125 was solved and they didn't bother to post the private key, we even asked the author to reveal the key after 1 month giving them time to sweep those garbage coins, but still no news, no keys revealed, does that mean this community is only good to contribute but not good enough to fulfill their request?

Not only 125 but 120 is also missing, if we want to solve this "puzzle" we need to have all the pieces which includes 120 and 125 keys, since the author listened to our call and added extra funds to the puzzles, why not do us another favour and reveal 120, 125 keys? It could be sent via PM to a trusted person so they can cash forked coins and give it to someone who really needs it and then they can reveal the emptied keys for us to have a look.  

Maybe I'm expecting too much? Just open your laptop and copy paste the keys in someone's inbox with instructions on what to do. Lol
How much money is in the forked coins anyways, anyone knows?

@digaran we all know you are the mathematics guru in the community, you should have found a way to reduce puzzle 130 to as low as 100 bit range without ending up with so many public keys. hint us through some real work to do as so many of us are no longer willing to keep dying on the puzzle 66. we need a headstart on getting towards puzzle 130 and we got to know for sure what we are doing instead of just trying to bruteforce the whole keys like I am currently doing with puzzle 66 and my electricity bills killing. let's dabble into 130 and turn off these machines. I have so many paper and biro to make some calculations with. NB: I don't mind sharing. if we need to create a pool too but not for 66, as there are so many pools already and all they're scanning is the first 26 bit range which consists of 33554432 possible guesses to find the key.

Let's be creative since the puzzle creator has already boosted our morale with the 10x increment. creativity is the key to success
Let's think out of the box. I saw someone trying to paint a picture with the RMD160 too, these are creative ideas. puzzle 125 and 120 pks have nothing to do with puzzle 130 just as puzzle 1 to 65 has nothing to do with puzzle 66. we just have to start coming to the realization that these thing called RANDOM is not a joke, the bit range is also not a thing to play with. and with the exposed pubkeys we have an upper edge to calculate something rather than just bruteforcing throughout
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Maybe I'm expecting too much? Just open your laptop and copy paste the keys in someone's inbox with instructions on what to do. Lol

Key #120 has 1.2 BTG and 1.2 BCH which is nearly a total of $291*.
Key #125 has 1.25 BTG and 1.25 BCH which is nearly a total of $302*.

*According to current price of 1BTG = $13.4 and 1BCH = $229.8.
Maybe I'm expecting too much? Just open your laptop....

Imagine yourself living in Dubai as a btc millionaire and some bro from the internet asks you to open your laptop?

World class dining and drinking?

Tons of things to do?

Lol
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
It's been months since 125 was solved and they didn't bother to post the private key, we even asked the author to reveal the key after 1 month giving them time to sweep those garbage coins, but still no news, no keys revealed, does that mean this community is only good to contribute but not good enough to fulfill their request?

Not only 125 but 120 is also missing, if we want to solve this "puzzle" we need to have all the pieces which includes 120 and 125 keys, since the author listened to our call and added extra funds to the puzzles, why not do us another favour and reveal 120, 125 keys? It could be sent via PM to a trusted person so they can cash forked coins and give it to someone who really needs it and then they can reveal the emptied keys for us to have a look. 

Jump to: