Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin spending - page 3. (Read 2365 times)

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
July 19, 2013, 05:25:50 PM
i have spend my hoard 3 times over, i just have knowledge and experience to recoup my hoard Cheesy

but the simple point is unless there is a variety of ways for people to decide to spend their coins directly, eventually 21 tonnes of mannure can be worth more to farmers then 21 million bitcoins. because mannure has a multitude of uses.

so we really need a retail push and a slowdown on the mining publicity. many noobs come into bitcoin thinking they can turn their gaming machines into millionaire makers. this is not the case.

in the real world the richist ppeople are not gold barons digging for gold, that was so 19th century. now the richest people are people like the walmart family, microsoft, apple. the people that have product to sell.
Activity: 980
Merit: 508
July 19, 2013, 04:32:42 PM
Thanks for your honest answer. I imagine that many feel like that and that's what I want to discover.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
July 19, 2013, 04:22:00 PM
as long as I still have fiat, bitcoin is the last thing I will spend, so far for 2 years i haven't spent a single coin on the normal stuff, because it feels very dumb, when you know it will be 1000+. But when it reach 1000, I might buy a ferrari with btc on the next day.

To me btc is lottery ticket, I don't spend it, until I win.
July 19, 2013, 04:14:00 PM
"knowing that someone is spending is not as important"

Perhaps but there is a chicken and egg problem. Merchants and entrepreneurs will not push the bitcoin economy forward if everyone is holding onto their bitcoins for dear life. I'm trying to guage the willingness of people to spend their coins instead of saving them. This might not be as important, but it is an important consideration.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
July 19, 2013, 03:55:07 PM
knowing that someone is spending is not as important. knowing there are many places to spend them on and that people can generally live some form of life on bitcoin is more important.

i think a push to get entrepreneurs away from mining projects and into retail projects is the way forward. there is still a lack of grocery food and standard (non gimmicky) clothing that needs to be filled for bitcoin to be considered an everyday use item.
July 19, 2013, 03:07:17 PM
The most important thing for bitcoin right now, in my opinion, is that people use them. It will be hard for bitcoin to move forward if people don't. I would like anyone interested, therefore to state:

* Whether they have ever bought anything with bitcoin. I would also find it helpful if people who have never bought anything with bitcoin could contribute to give a realistic picture.
* How much (in vague terms if necessary) they spend a year with bitcoins.
* If they have never bought anything with bitcoin, why not.
* How they think people might be encouraged to use their coins in transactions to stimulate the bitcoin economy

I think that such responses could help give a feel for the state of the real bitcoin economy as opposed to just mining and speculation

Cheers.
Pages:
Jump to: