Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin starting to look more and more like TULIP BULBS of 1600s - page 2. (Read 5380 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 254
No. But 99.99 % of humanity considers credit cards to be way more convenient than Bitcoin. And that's what matters.
99.99% of humanity would have told Henry Ford they wanted faster horses, not smelly, oily, gaz-guzzling noisy contraptions like "cars", and that's what mattered. Not. Smiley

lol at this analogy.  does not work out in the least bit.  lol at "oily, smelly gaz guzzling"

And another lol.
Ford didn't invent the car, that was (arguably) Karl Benz.  About ten years before the Model T.  
Ford's genius was in making his cars cheap, user-friendly, and affordable.
See some new parallels emerging?

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
what a fucking useless thread full of stupid people.

getting fuller and more useless by the minute, welcome Smiley
legendary
Activity: 888
Merit: 1000
Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.
what a fucking useless thread full of stupid people.
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030
There are analogies... that ain't the right one.

That's a strong argumentation you made there.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
If you think this is the correct analogy then you'll have to blame your teachers for failing in teaching you logic as this will be precisely the reason why you end up living out of a cardboard box.

Would you be kind enough to enlighten us and teach us the analogy that will perfectly fit this situation, please?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
No. But 99.99 % of humanity considers credit cards to be way more convenient than Bitcoin. And that's what matters.
99.99% of humanity would have told Henry Ford they wanted faster horses, not smelly, oily, gaz-guzzling noisy contraptions like "cars", and that's what mattered. Not. Smiley

lol at this analogy.  does not work out in the least bit.  lol at "oily, smelly gaz guzzling"

Why? I think it's the right analogy. The oily part is exaggerated, but the point is that customers don't necessarily know what's the best technology.

If you think this is the correct analogy then you'll have to blame your teachers for failing in teaching you logic as this will be precisely the reason why you end up living out of a cardboard box.

Activity: 658

Why? I think it's the right analogy. The oily part is exaggerated, but the point is that customers don't necessarily know what's the best technology.
legendary
Activity: 1274
The Golden Rule Rules

lol at this analogy.  does not work out in the least bit.  lol at "oily, smelly gaz guzzling"
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
Troll, feed, etc.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
but I personally don't consider credit cards to be more convenient than Bitcoin

No. But 99.99 % of humanity considers credit cards to be way more convenient than Bitcoin. And that's what matters. Not what you and the other ten thousand people in the Bitcoin cult thinks.
Activity: 1022
Not this argument again.

Tulip bulbs, in the scale in which they were traded at least, served absolutely no purpose. Never even aspired to anything other than an object of speculation.

Bitcoin is highly speculative in its current form and at its current price. That's where the similarities end, however.

Bitcoin aspires to serve a very well defined purpose: becoming a global decentralized currency. An improved version of cash, with the added benefit (in the eyes of some) that money supply is finite.

Tell me again please how tulips resemble that last part?

Exactly : Bitcoin is a technology that is safe and allow fast and secured payments plus it is a mean of decentralized store of wealth
legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 4536
You're never too old to think young.
you get all defensive anytime someone brings up a valid criticism of bitcoin.

Valid criticism I can live with, but I personally don't consider credit cards to be more convenient than Bitcoin, other than the fact that a credit card is physically smaller and lighter than a phone or other mobile device. In fact in my experience Bitcoin can be even more convenient than cash.

Valid criticism includes things like volatility and difficulty to acquire in some places.
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
jimbo, you are like the bull version of falllling.

Wow. Did I hit a nerve?

It's the first time (I believe) I ever replied to one of your posts.

I consider myself neither bull nor bear. Call me a "cultist" if you want because I strongly believe in Bitcoin as disruptive technology.

I just like to laugh at bears because they take themselves so seriously.

Like Faiiiling? I don't often even start threads, let alone spam FUD.

**sigh**

no you don't start threads like fallling, but you get all defensive anytime someone brings up a valid criticism of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 4536
You're never too old to think young.
jimbo, you are like the bull version of falllling.

Wow. Did I hit a nerve?

It's the first time (I believe) I ever replied to one of your posts.

I consider myself neither bull nor bear. Call me a "cultist" if you want because I strongly believe in Bitcoin as disruptive technology.

I just like to laugh at bears because they take themselves so seriously.

Like Faiiiling? I don't often even start threads, let alone spam FUD.

**sigh**
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
I warned you guys back in DECEMBER:
I have done quite well since December.  Cool

Same. High Five!
I would never leave a bitcoin peer hanging.. High five!
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules

Same. High Five!
legendary
Activity: 1176
The difference is this:

Several hundred years after the tulip mania, tulip bulbs are still actually worth something. They have intrinsic value.

Bitcoin, on the other hand, will be practically worthless a few years from now. By 2020, BTC will trade for way less than one dollar per coin. By 2025, BTC will be valued at less than $0.05.

Seriously. You would actually have us believe that you have posted hundreds of times on a forum about a commodity which you think will have no value in the future..right.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I agree there are a lot of similarities. It may crash hard like tulips one day due to the fact that BC is very difficult to secure for normal humans.
Pages:
Jump to: