Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin starting to look more and more like TULIP BULBS of 1600s - page 4. (Read 5380 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
No no no, not Tulips, you mean Nigerian Princes.  I never got an email about Tulips, only a young fellow from Nigeria that wanted me to wire him some coins as an advance, before he hooked me up with more coin later.  That Nigerian prince is the bomb!   Cool

Worse case compare BTC to magic beans, as they can magically create a giant beanstalk where after climbing it you can get a bag of gold after trading in your cow or home mortgage.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I think you meant to post this back in December 2013. The price charts have been "stable" in the US$400-600 range for the past 6 months.

I'll have someone fetch you the time machine.
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
It's really not like Tulipmania. Completely different ideas. Might as well compare bitcoin to pogs and pokemon cards as well.

During the 1600s people were dying for these bulbs.  Flower shops started popping up everywhere just like miners today.  If the gov't ever start legalizing gambling and drugs, isn't bitcoin/ alternate coin just absolutely doomed to death

I don't get or see your point here. No, it isn't like Tuplimania. How would the government legalizing gambling or drugs 'doom bitcoin to death'? Isn't gambling already legal in most places anyway?

Not online gambling.  Online gambling is illegal/heavily regulated in most places. 

Online gambling isnt where i live. What country are you in? Saudi Arabia?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Also, tulips can die.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
Tulips are a multi-billion dollar industry, what are you guys smoking?
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
2012 called, it wants back your comparison of bitcoin to tulipmania
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
During the 1600s people were dying for these bulbs.  Flower shops started popping up everywhere just like miners today.  If the gov't ever start legalizing gambling and drugs, isn't bitcoin/ alternate coin just absolutely doomed to death?

I mean, BTC gained momentum because it is a better system than fiat and easier to carry around than commodities, however, if the gov't fall and a better regime takes over, isn't bitcoin just doomed to death as well? 

Starting to look more and more like Tulipmania to me...

look this has been discussed a lot and it gets annoying. the reason the tulips crashed hard and no one wanted them anymore was because at some point it became like gold trading. people didn't physically have the tulips they had a piece of paper saying they owned X amount of Y tulips and BLAH.

bitcoina ddresses clearly state that X addresses owns Y of bitcoin, but bitcoins are useful for spending on lots of things and that isn't going to change. tulips were all about being rare color and texture and being raised at X farm and were worth Y because of Z and also due to A and B and C and D that this tulip was better than E.

bitcoin has nothing to do with that. Bitcoin is X address owns Y bitcoin and can be used to buy Z. its not more complicated than that on the buy/sell side.
Activity: 370
So because Bitcoin makes it easier to spend money on the internet and that opens the doors to more online gambling websites... tulips

Did I read your non-point correctly?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The Golden Rule Rules
During the 1600s people were dying for these bulbs.  Flower shops started popping up everywhere just like miners today.  If the gov't ever start legalizing gambling and drugs, isn't bitcoin/ alternate coin just absolutely doomed to death

I don't get or see your point here. No, it isn't like Tuplimania. How would the government legalizing gambling or drugs 'doom bitcoin to death'? Isn't gambling already legal in most places anyway?

Not online gambling.  Online gambling is illegal/heavily regulated in most places. 

Bitcoin seems like the modern day tulip mania.  Visa is so much more convenient than cryptos.  We asked for businesses to start accepting BTC's.  Now that it has, btc's potential is being revealed, and it is what it is; not really limited which is an illusion because it can be broken down to unlimited pieces; not really that anonymous because everything can be tracked; and not really that easily transferred because of problems with blockchain/double spending...
Activity: 274

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The Golden Rule Rules
During the 1600s people were dying for these bulbs.  Flower shops started popping up everywhere just like miners today.  If the gov't ever start legalizing gambling and drugs, isn't bitcoin/ alternate coin just absolutely doomed to death?

I mean, BTC gained momentum because it is a better system than fiat and easier to carry around than commodities, however, if the gov't fall and a better regime takes over, isn't bitcoin just doomed to death as well? 

Starting to look more and more like Tulipmania to me...

Pages:
Jump to: