Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin, the Religion?! - page 4. (Read 4328 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Buy and sell bitcoins,
July 21, 2015, 09:40:01 PM
So Religions are now into bitcoin? In what way did bitcoin disobey the laws of Religions? I don't think there's any connection to bitcoin and Religion and I don't think bitcoin is considered as a belief either.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
July 21, 2015, 09:37:05 PM
From the philosophic proof, bitcoin is the product made by Satoshi, Jesus is the son of god and the christian believes in doctrine which is extensive and profound. I don't think bitcoin is a belief, it's a hobby or worship at most, it is too serious to say belief.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
July 21, 2015, 08:03:58 PM
bitcoin is not a religion. but I've seen people creates a new religion just because they think god is behind this or that so I won't be surprised if people started calling bitcoin a religion ten years from now.

10 years is also something impossible. It will take more then 20 years for the people to consider it as a religion, but again we are not sure whether it will survive for next 20 years or not as it will face competitions from new currencies that would enter into the market in the future so it is better we just treat as a digital currency.

Almost Impossible.

I don't think that bitcoin can be a religion sooner or later, Is fiat a religion?? We are using it since its inception and it is still treated just as currency then how can anyone expect that bitcoin will become religion. Its better that it is currency and let it be the currency. And any currency as a religion, not possible.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
July 21, 2015, 06:23:07 PM
 Back in the 90's there were people trying to start religions based on Ecstasy and Rave's.
 I'm in no doubt that sooner or later someone will try to start a religion about Bitcoin. Grin
 Seem's to be a common thing for us human's to do.
 I've got a sneaky feeling that Satoshi has a great sense of humour too.
 6 days and Genesis Block made me chuckle when i first read it. Grin
Activity: 533
July 21, 2015, 05:32:53 PM
bitcoin is not a religion. but I've seen people creates a new religion just because they think god is behind this or that so I won't be surprised if people started calling bitcoin a religion ten years from now.

10 years is also something impossible. It will take more then 20 years for the people to consider it as a religion, but again we are not sure whether it will survive for next 20 years or not as it will face competitions from new currencies that would enter into the market in the future so it is better we just treat as a digital currency.
Activity: 560
July 21, 2015, 04:13:15 PM
well bitcoin is like religion why? they need followers to share the word about it,we owners of bitcoins must see it atleast twice a week and stay with them a while,for me bitcoin has became one kind of religious .
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
July 21, 2015, 02:51:27 PM
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
July 21, 2015, 02:45:35 PM
You are really crazy if you think that cryptocurrency is a religion. It is just a kind or a new kind of money that use mostly on the internet transaction..how could you think cryptocurrency is a religion and even many government in around the declare that bitcoin is ilegal..

Money, though not a religion, is worship by many people. I don't know why but it's been like this for a millennium now. A religion is a trust-based system--you believe that there is a higher power beyond you. Fiat is a trust-based system--you believe that those imprinted paper money has value. Bitcoin is a trustless cash system, but still you believe those blocks of data has value. All contains a common denominator, trust/belief. By definition of a religion, bitcoin can be considered as a religion because you believe that those blocks of data contains value.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
July 21, 2015, 02:39:30 PM
First time i heard about bitcoin was from someone who sounded like they had just been blessed by a good. The person was full of crap about how this was changing everything and a lot of bullshit about redistribution of wealth.

I always like people who have been blessed by goods. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1078
July 21, 2015, 02:38:25 PM
But is money also another form of religion? If you ask me, just look at how some people worship its existence.

I was going to post this argument, but seen you already beat me to it. Smiley

I agree completely in that if it is fair to call bitcoin a religion, which there are some good argument for doing so, it is also valid to call fiat, or money in general, a form of religion.

They are all based on systems of belief. Most fiat, is simply paper bills representing something. That something is that the next person or entity you exchange the paper with will honor the value printed on the bill. Same with the numbers on your bank account, simply 1's and 0's in a computer that people agree mean something, namely how much money you have.

Bitcoin is the same way, currently its valuation is based more upon its speculative value, determined mainly by traders. Or in other words, the current belief of what it should be worth amongst different groups of people.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 21, 2015, 02:32:57 PM
First time i heard about bitcoin was from someone who sounded like they had just been blessed by a good. The person was full of crap about how this was changing everything and a lot of bullshit about redistribution of wealth.
Activity: 631
July 21, 2015, 02:23:33 PM
i would not say that, but is pretty close to that, at least for some ppl, you just need to read how they talk about it Tongue but most of the bitcoiners just believe in the success of BTC and this is not enought to compare it with religion.

Yeah it is too early to call it as an religion but yes For me I think it has become an addiction. The more I earn the more I want. I keep on thinking how to keep on multiplying my bitcoins so in future I don't have to depend on any other investment products. So for me I think its an addiction.
Activity: 432
July 21, 2015, 02:12:24 PM
Religion : A bullshit fantasy story created to control the masses while keeping them from being afraid to die.

Bitcoin: A bullshit fantasy story created to control the masses while keeping them from being afraid to die.

No, it doesn't translate.

Plenty of religions make no such claims. And are you stating that accumulating wealth isn't a form of self-preservation? "To the moon"
legendary
Activity: 1148
In Satoshi I Trust
July 21, 2015, 01:47:28 PM
I argue that Cryptocurrencies function as distinct religious beliefs, which affect ego permeability by playing into our natural tendencies to perceive attributes of money and value as inherently magic and spiritual.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bitcoin-religion-filip-martinka-

Do you think that cryptocurrencies are religions?

Our holy book:

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1004
July 21, 2015, 01:41:18 PM
Religion : A bullshit fantasy story created to control the masses while keeping them from being afraid to die.

Bitcoin: A bullshit fantasy story created to control the masses while keeping them from being afraid to die.

Both take faith into the future being positive, of course that our faith is based on objective optimistic indicators while religion is based only and only on non-reasonable beliefs.
Activity: 434
July 21, 2015, 01:25:38 PM
You are really crazy if you think that cryptocurrency is a religion. It is just a kind or a new kind of money that use mostly on the internet transaction..how could you think cryptocurrency is a religion and even many government in around the declare that bitcoin is ilegal..
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
July 21, 2015, 01:06:02 PM

Activity: 432
July 21, 2015, 12:09:29 PM
I would say it is more of a lifestyle rather than a religion. Most religions have some form of prayer and a building of worship, BTC does not have this. Unless there is something I am missing.

The 'building' of worship is the computer, and running a node or miner gives you a sense of being 'connected with the world'. Often people set out to preach online, for whatever reason.

Everyone wants their own blockchain, because they want total control. They want to play god.
Q7
Activity: 448
July 12, 2015, 09:39:28 AM
I don't know whether i would call it a religion but the fact is whatever support we put in and commit ourselves to system is by itself already considered some form of trust. If you define that as a religion, yeah probably you can say that. But is money also another form of religion? If you ask me, just look at how some people worship its existence.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 12, 2015, 09:13:39 AM
I really do not know why do you compare this materialistic things with Religion, So far I know the term Religion means; They way of God and submitting Ourselves to him by following his commands as mentioned in the divine books as told by his messengers. Now where Bitcoin relates to this religion statement, appreciate your clarification.
Pages:
Jump to: