Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin TOP-500 Richest - page 4. (Read 79721 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
November 18, 2013, 09:40:31 AM
I am hard pressed to update the list. Unfortunately I cannot currently do it because of time constraints. Would you like a bracket-based list instead:

Each number would represent an order-of-magnitude instead of exact figure (which is very unprecise anyway but looks precise).

Would this be better for those who are on the list?
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1261
November 18, 2013, 07:41:10 AM
13.  BTC100,000. "mezzomix"

You can remove me from the list. To get a better number divide it by 5.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
November 16, 2013, 05:38:51 PM
I wonder if my almost 1BTC can qualify on this list haha.
I wish I could!  Maybe one day.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
November 16, 2013, 05:25:32 PM
...all my money went to keep me alive, and I still did not have enough...

OMG - you didn't have enough to stay alive? How are you posting this?

(I jest - hope you're better <3)
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
November 16, 2013, 04:54:15 PM
may i ask who "klaus" is ?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
November 16, 2013, 03:48:03 PM
The number for the AHA mob is to high. Its max 100 000 each.
Activity: 964
Merit: 509
November 15, 2013, 03:25:59 AM
Post #3 needs updating every time someone gets listed in the top 50.

Otherwise it points to the wrong proof.
donator
November 15, 2013, 03:19:52 AM
If you want some people to be included, please do a little bit of work and send me (via PM) links about the happenings where they have revealed to be large holders. (It is not that I remember exactly the bitcoinica hack numbers, for example.)

The better information you send, the better the list will be. I don't have full time people to work on this, it is completely forum effort.

Smiley

Currently the AHA group is something I am much interested in. Because if it is likely that Satoshi is among them, some of the coins may be double-counted. The single-entity-controls-Bitcoin -theory is as old as the coin, and I think we cannot dismiss it just because of our wishes. I have previously heard that this entity would control about 2.5-3 million bitcoins (incl Satoshi's 1 million known coins).

- Can someone point to me, what was the likely explanation for the entity "A" (2.9MBTC), according to Ron-Shamir paper p. 11.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
November 14, 2013, 07:32:29 PM
my god.. this is crazy. Satoshi is a Billionaire right now?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
November 13, 2013, 08:50:31 PM
Thanks for this useful topic rpietila. I don't think it's off-topic, it should be in Bitcoin Discussion.
Thanks to all contributors, too.

I think this thread has it's right to be here from an investors point of view - if you want to invest in something you are interested in that information by nature.

Yup, it isn't the same thing as insider ownership I like to look at in stocks, but it is certainly related Smiley

i agree also.. i'd like to know who is actually backing my coins.

Math backs your coins... Not people. If wealth of other people are how people are investing they are doing it wrong. People invest based on the community and why people are using it. NOT BY how much someone has or if someone is wealthy.

Also this topic is completely off-topic, this is like a gossip magazine at best and does nothing to help the community.

the people who invest in bitcoins are the ones that back it. if they sold, value would tank. the guy who holds that most bitcoins will try to resist any factors that might devalue the coins. it's why max keiser and the winklevoss twins speak about it so much.

No math backs it, just like debt backs the USD. So you are wrong. What you thinking about is the floating market value, which is very different from the backing of a coin. The market value is what would tank if demand was met, but at some point you could have 50% of the coins and still not meet the demand that is what we are trying as a community to get too. The more people that use bitcoins drive that demand up, that is what Max Keiser and I am guessing winklevoss twins speak of.
I have not really listened to the winklevoss twins that much. I am guessing their point is the same as Max Keiser which is what most people want and what I am more familiar.
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
November 14, 2013, 05:52:09 PM
What about Yifu? He must have a sizable stash.

Edit: And Zhoutong?
donator
November 14, 2013, 04:54:40 PM
I heard that Falkvinge sold (out) in this spring intermediate top..? Any links  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1498
November 13, 2013, 07:57:01 PM
Thanks for this useful topic rpietila. I don't think it's off-topic, it should be in Bitcoin Discussion.

I think this thread has it's right to be here from an investors point of view - if you want to invest in something you are interested in that information by nature.

Yup, it isn't the same thing as insider ownership I like to look at in stocks, but it is certainly related Smiley

Math backs your coins... Not people. If wealth of other people are how people are investing they are doing it wrong. People invest based on the community and why people are using it. NOT BY how much someone has or if someone is wealthy.

Also this topic is completely off-topic, this is like a gossip magazine at best and does nothing to help the community.
Activity: 665
Merit: 500
November 14, 2013, 11:29:11 AM
What about Falkvinge? Feels like he should make the list considering he went all in quite early.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 13, 2013, 08:27:26 PM

the people who invest in bitcoins are the ones that back it. if they sold, value would tank. the guy who holds that most bitcoins will try to resist any factors that might devalue the coins. it's why max keiser and the winklevoss twins speak about it so much.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 13, 2013, 07:46:22 PM
i wonder if those people who have their holdings made public are worrying about the wrath of big brother. satoshi is such a smart guy, especially when you compare him with ulbricht.

legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
November 13, 2013, 04:41:36 AM

14. Long-time forum VIP member, not disclosed his bitcoin holdings but estimate is based on several anecdotal evidence such as 400,000 LTC holding which is secondary to BTC holding, and BTC5,000 bet with Matthew that the latter defaulted.

400,000LTC x 0.01188BTC = 4752.00 BTC. Not sure how this equates to goats second largest holding being 30,000BTC.

The grammar means that "even though he has about BTC5,000 worth of litecoins, he has much more BTC". I usually have many evidence but post only some because of tldr.

0.01074 x 400,000 = 4296
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
November 13, 2013, 03:45:04 AM

donator
November 13, 2013, 03:36:52 AM
Updated the AHA group founding members. As for the other members, I am interested to hear more. At some point of time we'll need to start a careful look towards the top end of the list so that it does not contain 12 million coins. In the other thread of mine, it was estimated that only 3 million coins were owned by the >10k segment and now we already have more than that and likely the list will still grow.

Sorry the background info section is outdated and out-numbered. Should it be merged with the actual list? The quality of links is quite low still, but I was prepared for it. More research makes it better.
Pages:
Jump to: