Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin transaction cost is too high - page 14. (Read 3174 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 104
December 15, 2017, 04:41:51 PM
do not calculate bitcoin  price in usd.calculate by bitcoin.
its same like past so dont worry.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
December 15, 2017, 04:40:01 PM
Bitcoin transactions are really encountering a very high traffic these days even exchanges are warning people about that , fees are just getting  higher each day and it's going up to 10$ fees per transaction . This the fault of the miners and the core team because they promised better blocks but they didn't deliver . We are just paying more money for greedy miners who prefer to get 5 bitcoins per mined block and let the network this congested thus harming the bitcoin itself than just smooth things out for people with having a bit lower profit .

But does it really matter? People are using bitcoin for speculation, and they basically don't need and in fact can't use it in everyday life anyway. There are coins such as litecoin which are cheap regarding the transaction costs and fast regarding the confirmation times. So what's the deal? Higher bitcoin transaction fees will naturally lead to less transactions and higher amounts being transacted per transaction. That's pretty much all because people ain't gonna pay like 20% or more of the transacted amount as fees.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
December 15, 2017, 12:28:55 PM
What is happening?
will it change after adjustment since the transaction cost is being affected by the crazy price rise

transaction will back normally fast.
this happens because price all want to buy more bitcoin and earning fast using bitcoin.

Activity: 476
Merit: 124
December 15, 2017, 11:27:53 AM
It is true that bitcoin's transaction are too high currently which has nearly doubled for the past 3 months, that is because of the massive buying and selling across the world, every single day it is getting hard to mine bitcoins. For me, it is best to wait for the fees to subside, unless I need the money for my expenses, because I am for long term investment and I believe in bitcoin's technology to grow in its full potential.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
December 15, 2017, 11:20:34 AM
Bitcoin transactions are really encountering a very high traffic these days even exchanges are warning people about that , fees are just getting  higher each day and it's going up to 10$ fees per transaction . This the fault of the miners and the core team because they promised better blocks but they didn't deliver . We are just paying more money for greedy miners who prefer to get 5 bitcoins per mined block and let the network this congested thus harming the bitcoin itself than just smooth things out for people with having a bit lower profit .
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
December 15, 2017, 11:16:05 AM

1, you should use ETH, the transaction costs will be low
2 is that you accept the fee for high BTC, now is not like any other way
Charge on coinbase has more than  16$
Activity: 616
Merit: 12
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
December 15, 2017, 11:13:05 AM
I will expect the transaction prices to go high as the prices of the coin go high as well. The transaction prices are also dependent on areas you are trading or agencies you trade with so you need to check the prices before you trade

The TX fees are basically the same across several platforms. Also using a low TX fee at this point means getting your transaction completed in 72 hours which is highly disappointing. In reality, Bitcoin fees has been same but the dollar equivalent is too damn high. It's hard to send a $5 transaction at the moment.
Yur
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
December 15, 2017, 09:22:11 AM
Bitcoin transaction are high because the demand on BTC grew up incredibly, creating a large queue of transactions. And the price of one satoshi is now more high, than before,so if you count in dollars, it seems you, the fees were increased, but not in satoshi.  So, increase of demand always causes price growth, so not surprising for me, that fees cost so high. But if your transactions is not urgent, you can just put small fee manually and wait longer. Not the problem. But when eth transactions are faster and low cost, it's make me sad.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
December 15, 2017, 09:18:10 AM
I think we should face the fact bitcoin is not anymore usefull for small transactions, and in my opinion this phenomen will continue because the mining efforts increase.
I think bitcoin will develop as high value currency ( e.g. for buyiung a car or house) while altcoins will used for common small payments (grocery etc.)

Given Bitcoin's volatility, that may not be as good as it sounds unless you are buying from or selling to someone who is really interested in Bitcoin, someone who is like you, a Bitcoin hodler or speculator. Otherwise, you would fare a lot better if you just stuck to dollars or good old gold. Currency should circulate and not sit idly in your pocket or wallet. This is what the word itself means.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
December 15, 2017, 07:15:05 AM
As the value of bitcoin increase, I think the transaction fee also increases. But I still don't see the logic on it, how come price of sending bitcoin is much higher than before? Can anyone enlighten me?
There is nothing complex here,usually the average transaction charges you pay is around two hundred thousand satoshi and since the price of bitcoin is too much for anyone to purchase as a full bitcoin the price for that average transaction is now around forty dollars and when the price of bitcoin increases the transaction price increases,its a normal math. Tongue

No,
It is not normal math.
Time ago my fees was 1% to 10%
Now it is often 20% or more for longer send time.
Fees rate has nothing to see with bitcoin price.
It depends on the "road"
The "road" is over loaded.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
December 14, 2017, 05:33:09 PM
As the value of bitcoin increase, I think the transaction fee also increases. But I still don't see the logic on it, how come price of sending bitcoin is much higher than before? Can anyone enlighten me?
There is nothing complex here,usually the average transaction charges you pay is around two hundred thousand satoshi and since the price of bitcoin is too much for anyone to purchase as a full bitcoin the price for that average transaction is now around forty dollars and when the price of bitcoin increases the transaction price increases,its a normal math. Tongue
Activity: 101
Merit: 100
Cointed. The Future of the Money
December 14, 2017, 05:16:58 PM
It's a kind of problem for bitcoin transactions, we can hope bitcoin authority take a good step for this kind of problems.

Actually that is the biggest problem that bitcoin has and I think it will effect it future. Only for reason, some another strong coin can come eventually and beat bitcoin.
R21
Activity: 327
Merit: 101
December 14, 2017, 05:07:47 PM
It's a kind of problem for bitcoin transactions, we can hope bitcoin authority take a good step for this kind of problems.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
December 14, 2017, 05:05:04 PM
Because of the current transaction fee involved with bitcoins, people are no longer investing into bitcoins like they used to do because they have to pay the cost of the transaction fees as well and in most cases it goes all the way to $13 and that even takes a while to confirm.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
December 14, 2017, 04:51:20 PM
What is happening?
will it change after adjustment since the transaction cost is being affected by the crazy price rise

Yah. Its too high. I had to spend .001 bitcoin for transaction. Transaction fees .001 bitcoin is too much though bitcoin price is high. But transaction fees differ between wallets. i had to go through the FAQs of few wallets. Coinbase wallets transactions fees are higher than any other wallets fees.

I heard that steam removed the option to pay with Bitcoins. They said that they did it because the fees were way too high it even got to 20 dollars. I also think that the Bitcoin fees are way too high. Just remember the days when the fees were low it was so cool back then.
just remember not enough...we need to live on and deal with bitcoin...and how to do this with such fees?
Activity: 616
Merit: 108
io.ezystayz.com
December 14, 2017, 04:23:51 PM
What is happening?

Yah. Its too high. I had to spend .001 bitcoin for transaction. Transaction fees .001 bitcoin is too much though bitcoin price is high. But transaction fees differ between wallets. i had to go through the FAQs of few wallets. Coinbase wallets transactions fees are higher than any other wallets fees.

I heard that steam removed the option to pay with Bitcoins. They said that they did it because the fees were way too high it even got to 20 dollars. I also think that the Bitcoin fees are way too high. Just remember the days when the fees were low it was so cool back then.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
{Capricorn}
December 14, 2017, 03:36:51 PM
Yikes but it is more ok now that later 4days this is because of high demands and big transaction in bitcoin, i wish some bitcoin forks will change this dilemmas for the good of all
Activity: 308
Merit: 120
December 14, 2017, 03:26:52 PM
Of course it is, personally and even with using the blockchain wallet which id qualified as the one having the lowest fee value according to what I am reading in this forum. While, the value of the fee seems to me very high, for example to send 100 american dollar, I need 15 more dollar as a fee. However, I think that this is due directly to the elevation of the bitcoin value.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
December 14, 2017, 03:18:55 PM
If fees keep up growing,it will be end of bitcoin.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
December 14, 2017, 03:14:36 PM
yea today i tranfer little bit of bitcoin and i was surprised how high fees are
Pages:
Jump to: