Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin transactions - Slow OR Fast - page 17. (Read 40393 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 10
December 02, 2016, 03:00:37 AM
Been fast slow fasst now slow Again if this keephapping maybe bitcoin might crash again i hope not but if it takes ages for payment to go then this could happen
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BULL RUN until 2030
December 02, 2016, 02:48:48 AM
I have a problem with the confirmation today, I have been waiting for my transaction to confirmed and it's  like 5 hours already which is still unconfirmed in the blockchain. No choice but to wait, I can't gamble for now as I suppose to transfer that amount from my local exchange to gambling sites.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 01, 2016, 08:37:20 PM
Wasn't there talk about a fork that would shorten the confirmation time for bitcoin. zcash coming up the back with super fast confs could be a game changer.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
December 01, 2016, 08:27:43 PM
i do not have any problem waiing for sometime i always did that and i belive if i can not even pay a little fees for a huge amount then it really didnt worth it. waiting for some 10-20minutes makes things a bit slower but if you want to get ridge of it then why not accept zero confirmations
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
December 01, 2016, 03:23:58 PM
Well atleast bitcoin doesn't get raped by pump and dump scam. Wink

LOL, you paying over $700 for BTC right now,
on Jan 16th, 2015 you were paying ~$218,
On Nov 13, 2013 you were paying ~$1275 per coin. (Those guys are still in the hole.)

Looks like a Pump & Dump to me, Next Dump is due in late Jan 2017.  Wink
Set your clock.

Cool
Since we are getting back to the past, at 2013 there were few bitcoiners, and a small community around bitcoin, soo someone were able to do with bitcoin what we do with altcoins the pump, and then the dump. Since those buble, bitcoin community has found the real value that bitcoin should had, 200 dollars, and nowadays its growing accordingly the halving. The difference from the past for now, is that bitcoin has a huge support, huge investments, great value and potencial to cross the past value, something in the past were just few people.
Sure we would like to get the transactions confirmed instant, but i do see the confirmations as the high security of bitcoin, making it the most safe place to do any transactions even with them taking some minutes as some hours.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
December 01, 2016, 03:13:35 PM
is it possible that bitcoin will be accepted in local stores, shops etc.
Day to day transactions not suits bitcoin technical side.
Bitcoin is best at store of value, as paying for goods abroad, making big transactions... but micro payments? Bitcoin not suited for this, there is need to third party application connected to bitcoin blockchain somehow, that will make micro transactions viable.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
December 01, 2016, 03:08:20 PM
is it possible that bitcoin will be accepted in local stores, shops etc. since transactions are to slow and customers have to wait until their transactions are verified. And nobody wants to wait.
 Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.

Yes! there is a big possibility to be happen in the long run. And that will be good news for the bitcoin enthusiast it will be convenient also for the shoppers if that happen in any malls or supermarket.
We just have to be positive all the time, the future is great for bitcoin and businesses will eventually adopt. They are not the first to adopt but the people, if we can attract more users, this business might consider accepting bitcoin to take advantage of the great market.
Stores will never take risks and at the same time they would not like to clog up their store because a confirmation has not occurred since a few hours and that will make a issue bro. I mean stores either will find a way to solve this or won't accept BTC and unfortunately that's the reason i think  Bitcoins are not being used as much as they should in real life.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
December 01, 2016, 03:28:48 AM
is it possible that bitcoin will be accepted in local stores, shops etc. since transactions are to slow and customers have to wait until their transactions are verified. And nobody wants to wait.
 Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.

If I was a store owner I'd accept zero confirmation transactions from the people I know personally or from regular customers who I know wouldn't cheat. And by the way I think it's not so easy to execute a double spend, so I think if you are not selling very valuable things for BTC you should be okay even accepting zero confirmation transactions from complete strangers.

Hmm ,
Yeah about that double spend.

Have the same wallet up & synced on 2 devices , send all of my BTC to another address I own , including a send fee, on the 1st device
then send you your payment on 2nd device with no send fee,
You see Zero confirmation appear on your device, I walk out of store.
My BTC safely arrives at my other address, and your zero confirmation never receives 1 confirmation.   Tongue

So you gave me your product for free.
You'll be out of business in ~ week.  Wink

Cool

FYI
Repeat after me,
Confirmations are my Friend. I must wait for Confirmations or end up in the poor house.   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
November 30, 2016, 09:53:31 AM
For me bitcoin transaction is a bit quite fast than before. There  is a problem right now about bitcoin transactions and this will take a couple of weeks before it is solved. This trouble happened before.
The transaction problem is existing from a long time and actually the problem is the confirmation of transaction, as we receive the confirmation with delay, otherwise the transaction of bitcoin is very fast, I think this problem must be solved on priority basis. As we do face problems when we are going to pay for shopping in our local shops as we have to wait till the transaction to be included after that new blocks to be mined out.
I personally was facing this but I have now made a habit of paying around .0005 bitcoins as a fees on each of my transactions and hence I now don't feel such issues too much, though I would love to pay even .002 btc and get instant confirmation, if possible somehow haha Tongue
Depends on the situtation of bitcoin user if hes transaction are on rush then he should really pay the higest fee soo that the transaction would be prioritize and transactions would be fast but if you arent in a hurry then no fee or less fee would be okay since transfers are irreversible it would surely arrive on your wallet though.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
November 30, 2016, 09:23:15 AM
For me bitcoin transaction is a bit quite fast than before. There  is a problem right now about bitcoin transactions and this will take a couple of weeks before it is solved. This trouble happened before.
The transaction problem is existing from a long time and actually the problem is the confirmation of transaction, as we receive the confirmation with delay, otherwise the transaction of bitcoin is very fast, I think this problem must be solved on priority basis. As we do face problems when we are going to pay for shopping in our local shops as we have to wait till the transaction to be included after that new blocks to be mined out.
I personally was facing this but I have now made a habit of paying around .0005 bitcoins as a fees on each of my transactions and hence I now don't feel such issues too much, though I would love to pay even .002 btc and get instant confirmation, if possible somehow haha Tongue
Activity: 896
November 30, 2016, 09:18:59 AM
 Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.
Yes you are right, to buy directly I think bitcoin is still not feasible because the transaction is relatively long. If the transaction directly on the bitcoin stores, we need a transaction about 5 minutes but with paper money transaction only a few seconds. It was not time efficient when using bitcoin.
But for online transactions, I think bitcoin can be very good, because for online transactions although bitcoin takes a few minutes I guess it does not matter.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
November 30, 2016, 08:53:46 AM

If I was a store owner I'd accept zero confirmation transactions from the people I know personally or from regular customers who I know wouldn't cheat. And by the way I think it's not so easy to execute a double spend, so I think if you are not selling very valuable things for BTC you should be okay even accepting zero confirmation transactions from complete strangers.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BULL RUN until 2030
November 30, 2016, 08:36:34 AM

On Nov 13, 2013 you were paying ~$1275 per coin. (Those guys are still in the hole.)

Looks like a Pump & Dump to me, Next Dump is due in late Jan 2017.  Wink
Set your clock.

Well I guess I am lucky because I started being really into bitcoins around March. The price has almost doubled since. Smiley Let's see what would happen in January 2017. I would most probably remember this post anyway. Tongue If you would consider price fluctuations as pump and dump of course it would seem like a non-stop pump and dump to you. I think it's only normal to see major price fluctuations. No one guaranteed that bitcoin will increase continuously with just very little dumps along the way.
Correct, the pump and dump is very normal in bitcoin. I believe those who were able to invest for short term are already making a good profit now, while those who prefer to invest as long term will have to be faithful with bitcoin so the moment it will dump they will not panic.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
November 30, 2016, 08:02:38 AM

Looks like a Pump & Dump to me, Next Dump is due in late Jan 2017.  Wink
Set your clock.

Well I guess I am lucky because I started being really into bitcoins around March. The price has almost doubled since. Smiley Let's see what would happen in January 2017. I would most probably remember this post anyway. Tongue If you would consider price fluctuations as pump and dump of course it would seem like a non-stop pump and dump to you. I think it's only normal to see major price fluctuations. No one guaranteed that bitcoin will increase continuously with just very little dumps along the way.
Activity: 560
November 30, 2016, 06:12:00 AM
Its not always slow most of the time it is fast and instant.It has the potential to be accepted on local stores even if the transactions may came slow because bitcoins once send the transaction cannot be cancelled unlike paypal
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 30, 2016, 06:08:10 AM
One factor that makes the bitcoin transactions money different from the usual is the issue of speed. After I tried to send a few times, I thought of this the bitcoin is great and the most important is the small fee.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
November 30, 2016, 06:06:02 AM

Those were the crazy days when people were still largely naive about such thing like digital currency hacks and exchange liquid btc assets.
I think you know very well that the rise up to $1275 per btc price was inflated by the bots at mtgox, things have settled down now, it’s called growing pains.
legendary
November 30, 2016, 05:44:37 AM

Set your clock.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
November 30, 2016, 04:41:17 AM
If we compared to bank transactions, it is definitely the fastest is bitcoin. and with a very small cost, otherwise it is the sender's security is assured.

If we compare it to placing a letter on a Turtle's Back , then yeah BTC is faster.

If we compare it to almost every other ALT Coin out there, BTC is slow as Shit.

Cool

Well atleast bitcoin doesn't get raped by pump and dump scam. Wink Most people accepts bitcoin primarily and wouldn't exert effort to create a wallet of an altcoin just to receive your payment. In most altcoins, you might be at 100 satoshis today but you can go 1 satoshi tomorrow. Both have their downside but I would prefer to wait for 10 minutes than to wake up just to find out you're now holding a huge amount of shit coin. But I guess you can always choose strong altcoins like ETH.
legendary
November 30, 2016, 03:11:56 AM
If we compared to bank transactions, it is definitely the fastest is bitcoin. and with a very small cost, otherwise it is the sender's security is assured.

If we compare it to placing a letter on a Turtle's Back , then yeah BTC is faster.

If we compare it to almost every other ALT Coin out there, BTC is slow as Shit.

Cool

Pages:
Jump to: