Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin transactions - Slow OR Fast - page 14. (Read 40433 times)

Activity: 946
Merit: 500
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
December 10, 2016, 09:28:28 AM
the transaction of bitcoin is very fast compare to other currency this is a transaction you can carry out at your own convenient using your mobile phone but if off late the transaction is not fast as it use to be before now i think they will have to do something about it.
Yeah you are right that bitcoin transaction is very much faster than other currency because bitcoin technology is getting more advance day by day and we can buy everything in few second from anywhere with bitcoin.

True. base on my transactions everything that im doing with bitcoin all went well. The cashout, deposting in some online games , eloading and transmitting money . All of them were normal as I expected so ther is no doubt in everything that bitcoin services gived to me.
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
December 10, 2016, 09:19:34 AM
It is possible, yes. Some of the online stores like eBay are now accepting bitcoin if I'm not wrong. If some stores right now then it is not impossible that in the future all of the stores are going to accept bitcoin, and bitcoin would be the future money that all the people are going to use worldwide. Bitcoin is strong enough to stand alone unlike the other cryptocurrencies here online.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
December 10, 2016, 07:16:39 AM
I have never had any problems with some slow transactions. I mean that wasn't even exist. But last few weeks my campaign started to transfer me money on Tuesdays. Before that they transferred on Saturday, like from Friday to Friday they are counting my posts and money already on the next day. But now they are late for three days.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
December 10, 2016, 07:00:52 AM
In the past month we had around 8 bitcoin transactions that took nearly 24 hours to confirm so it was very nerve wracking to say the least, but in the end they did finally reach their destination in tact. We are just paying more in miner's fees now to make sure they get transferred in reasonable time.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
December 10, 2016, 06:42:53 AM
bitcoin transactions are fast but due to  problems in blockchain the transactions have become much slower than before .hope the programmers will make the  necessary changes and make it better as soon as possible .and so that bitcoins take over the world.

Transaction might be due to you might had low fees while you transferring bitcoins which lower than minimum estimated value. However, try to have atleast minimum required balance and it will get transferred with in 4 blocks and 30 mins time interval.
correct. probably the main cause of it is the low fee. if you make a transaction, try to make feenya a little more, it could speed up the transaction. Well, add fee will not make a loss in significant amounts. if you deficiency fee, most likely, confirmation that happen to be very long
If I may know, what is the wallet that have option to add the transaction fee?
I'm using blockchain and coinbase wallet, but when I sent a bitcoin, I did not meet option of adding transaction fee.
So it's all in the settings of the wallet automatically.
In the Multibit Wallet you can change the fee you want a transaction to have, so if you need a fast transaction you can add a bigger fee and if time is not critical to you then you add a small fee, but you need to change the fee in the options or something you cannot do it while you are trying to do a transaction, second I don't have experience with coinbase but in the blockchain wallet I remember you can change the fee too.

I am using multibit wallet too, this previous week i let the default fee be implemented in my transaction and it took me 30 min to  more than an hour waiting for the transaction to confirm, but recently i decided to increase the fee to 25k satoshi, and i was surprised that it only took less than 10 min to have 2 confirmation and less than 20 min to be fully confirmed.  So it means we need to pay higher fee to make the transaction confirm faster.
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
December 10, 2016, 05:58:38 AM
the transaction of bitcoin is very fast compare to other currency this is a transaction you can carry out at your own convenient using your mobile phone but if off late the transaction is not fast as it use to be before now i think they will have to do something about it.
I have never experienced slow transaction through blockchain technology because the fees always adjusted to how much bytes of your transactions. I thought it same as transaction through banks services, but bitcoin transaction doesn't have any restriction to send/receive it worldwide which make it better than any other banks or wire service.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
December 10, 2016, 05:38:53 AM
Actually bitcoin transactions it all depends in fees specially in blockchain. Last two weeks i experience very slow transaction maybe i paid low amount of fees but this week bitcoin transactions are instant and fast and sooner ocal stores will accept bitcoins
Yes bro I also experienced last week transaction is very slow it takes 24-30hrs to confirmed my transactions. I'm very angry on that week because I need to cashout my Bitcoin my payout I want to buy a new cellphone but instead of cellphone I bought new tablet. I'm already change my mind . but from this week the transaction is good very fast it takes 30minutes to 1hr only to confirmed I hope everyday I can experienced a very fast transaction . so can easily to send/receive Bitcoin .
Activity: 1232
Merit: 503
December 10, 2016, 05:06:42 AM
is it possible that bitcoin will be accepted in local stores, shops etc. since transactions are to slow and customers have to wait until their transactions are verified. And nobody wants to wait.
 Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.
if your telling you wanna pay bitcoin on local stores you can just simple put higher fee amount like 20k satoshis which will put the priority to High Which can be confirmed at 1 block

and also you dont need to wait in the store until the transaction is confirmed you can just simply leave if you put higher transaction fee
Activity: 2996
Merit: 794
December 10, 2016, 04:44:13 AM
is it possible that bitcoin will be accepted in local stores, shops etc. since transactions are to slow and customers have to wait until their transactions are verified. And nobody wants to wait.
 Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.

Yes there is a possibility to be happen but not now, because the demand of the bitcoin community is totally high at the present time now, slow and fast it depends on the area of the country.
It does not depend on a country because we are transaction in the blockchain only, and it's decentralized so no country interference with the problem of transaction. It will be slow if the demand is huge as more transactions will be happening and that is the only reason.
It's possible to be accepted in a local store, and it doesn't really depend on the area but it also depends on the government of the country and also how speedy the transaction is. It can be hard for the store to be accepting Bitcoin because they don't know yet the legality of it in their country. Also they won't be able to easily track all of the transactions if they accept Bitcoin, they would be switching from computers to confirm the sent Bitcoin in order to confirm the order.
Its still possible as long the adoption of bitcoin on a particular place is high then you could accept bitcoin anytime and theres no worry about on the transaction duration as long its already transferred into your address it would not be reversed already and its really a good thing since you could already assure that payments will surely go into your wallet.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
December 10, 2016, 04:05:15 AM
What other currencies are you talking about.If you are talking about other crypto currencies most have faster transaction speed when compared to bitcoin and for quite some time bitcoin transactions are slow its may be i guess the block are stacked and its full or may be we need to input higher transaction fees for faster transactions.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
December 10, 2016, 02:57:21 AM
 Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.

Yes there is a possibility to be happen but not now, because the demand of the bitcoin community is totally high at the present time now, slow and fast it depends on the area of the country.
It does not depend on a country because we are transaction in the blockchain only, and it's decentralized so no country interference with the problem of transaction. It will be slow if the demand is huge as more transactions will be happening and that is the only reason.
It's possible to be accepted in a local store, and it doesn't really depend on the area but it also depends on the government of the country and also how speedy the transaction is. It can be hard for the store to be accepting Bitcoin because they don't know yet the legality of it in their country. Also they won't be able to easily track all of the transactions if they accept Bitcoin, they would be switching from computers to confirm the sent Bitcoin in order to confirm the order.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BULL RUN until 2030
December 10, 2016, 02:27:07 AM

Activity: 924
Merit: 500
December 10, 2016, 01:16:00 AM

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
December 09, 2016, 02:48:07 PM
bitcoin transactions are fast but due to  problems in blockchain the transactions have become much slower than before .hope the programmers will make the  necessary changes and make it better as soon as possible .and so that bitcoins take over the world.

Transaction might be due to you might had low fees while you transferring bitcoins which lower than minimum estimated value. However, try to have atleast minimum required balance and it will get transferred with in 4 blocks and 30 mins time interval.
correct. probably the main cause of it is the low fee. if you make a transaction, try to make feenya a little more, it could speed up the transaction. Well, add fee will not make a loss in significant amounts. if you deficiency fee, most likely, confirmation that happen to be very long
I'm using blockchain and coinbase wallet, but when I sent a bitcoin, I did not meet option of adding transaction fee.
In the Multibit Wallet you can change the fee you want a transaction to have, so if you need a fast transaction you can add a bigger fee and if time is not critical to you then you add a small fee, but you need to change the fee in the options or something you cannot do it while you are trying to do a transaction, second I don't have experience with coinbase but in the blockchain wallet I remember you can change the fee too.

Coinbase is a web wallet and it is free for sending bitcoins without paying any transaction fees, it is paid by coinbase for its customers. Same in Electrum wallet also you have option in preference where you can change the transaction fees according to your convenience like what you said about multibit wallet
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 09, 2016, 02:44:15 PM
Yeah you are right that bitcoin transaction is very much faster than other currency because bitcoin technology is getting more advance day by day and we can buy everything in few second from anywhere with bitcoin.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
December 09, 2016, 02:21:08 PM
bitcoin transactions are fast but due to  problems in blockchain the transactions have become much slower than before .hope the programmers will make the  necessary changes and make it better as soon as possible .and so that bitcoins take over the world.

Activity: 350
December 09, 2016, 10:14:37 AM
Activity: 952
December 09, 2016, 04:41:25 AM
Actually bitcoin transactions it all depends in fees specially in blockchain. Last two weeks i experience very slow transaction maybe i paid low amount of fees but this week bitcoin transactions are instant and fast and sooner ocal stores will accept bitcoins
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
December 09, 2016, 04:19:36 AM

You can adjust the fee if you're using blockchain, it's under 'Advanced Transaction' when you send your coins.
I don't think it's possible with Coinbase.

Multibit HD and Electrum are pretty good desktop wallets that also allow you to set the fee.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 09, 2016, 03:55:31 AM

Pages:
Jump to: