Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Blockchain Says It’s Adding 50k Users Per Day - page 3. (Read 450 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 15
it means, crypto is getting acceptance, I should say, mass acceptance from the common people around the globe.
Activity: 209
Merit: 1
bitcoin nowadays are being recognized around the globe which soon takes over the local currency.Interested participants are now being knowlegable regardless to the least ideas they have.50k users per day is not a bad thing,considering the bad feedbacks of cryptos yet people are still trusting these cryptocurrencies.
BQ
Activity: 616
Merit: 53
CoinMetro - the future of exchanges
50,000 people per day is not a bad amount considering that's just one-place, so there's plenty of interest still. I guess people wants to try and catch the next ride!
50,000 = 350,000 per week. december was 500,000 according to previous poster. quite impressive!
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Just makes me wonder how much they were signing up daily during the 2017 bull run.

December 10, 2017:

Bitcoin wallet provider Blockchain had half a million new sign-ups in a week

http://uk.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-wallet-provider-blockchain-gets-half-a-million-sign-ups-in-a-week-2017-12
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
I don't personally take this as a shot at coinbase. Blockchain.com and Coinbase have completely different business models and they both help with adoption. I think it is great news that Blockchain.com is signing this many people up during the bear market. Just makes me wonder how much they were signing up daily during the 2017 bull run.
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
Bitcoin Wallet Blockchain Says It’s Adding 50k Users Per Day
Cryptocurrency wallet Blockchain is adding up 50,000 users a day amidst the ongoing crypto market downturn.

Posting on his Twitter account, Blockchain CEO and Cofounder Peter Smith made the claim in a tweet that also appeared to take a shot at Coinbase.

Defying the Downturn
Responding to a Bloomberg interview with Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong where he stated that Coinbase was signing up 50,000 new users daily at the peak of last year’s bitcoin rally, Smith tweeted that Blockchain is currently managing to sign up that number of new users daily, and that the service helps them to actually use and engage practically with crypto, as against other unspecified use cases.

The tweet said:

Peter Smith
@OneMorePeter
 CORRECTION: It's actually *Blockchain* signing up over 50,000 per day in the midst of this crypto downturn. It's delightful to see new entrants actually interested in *using* crypto. (Hi @crypto 👋 )

Observers are likely to take the statement as a shot at Coinbase for apparently helping people to get into crypto for speculative purposes, instead of for practical purposes, unlike Blockchain. The implication, in other words, is that Smith was hinting that the trading and investment-heavy Coinbase model does not necessarily help the long-term adoption of crypto, and it may have in fact contributed to the crypto industry downturn. https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-wallet-blockchain-says-its-adding-50k-users-per-day/
Pages:
Jump to: