Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin wallet lifetime ? - page 3. (Read 2698 times)

Activity: 699
Merit: 501
June 17, 2015, 09:39:06 AM
I found this thread for you. I'm sure you're looking for any of those wallets.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072
June 17, 2015, 09:38:33 AM
hello,

I like to know where I can create a secure bitcoin wallet where I can keep my bitcoins for years, when I see websites that offer bitcoin wallet, I fear that one day the site no longer exists, and I lose all my bitcoins.

thanks.

You have to make sure to keep your Public/Private Key combination safe if you wish to keep the wallet for years.  I recommend generating these yourself and not storing the wallet on a website for long term.

Allowing only the wallet website to hold onto your Keys while a password is your access to your Public/Private Keys means that if the website goes offline, yes you will lose access to those wallet addresses and the funding.   If you backup your Public/Private Keys somewhere for each address, you will not lose access when the website goes offline as you can import your funds to another wallet.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
June 17, 2015, 09:35:40 AM
hello,

I like to know where I can create a secure bitcoin wallet where I can keep my bitcoins for years, when I see websites that offer bitcoin wallet, I fear that one day the site no longer exists, and I lose all my bitcoins.

thanks.
If you afraid of online wallets, why do you bother about it? Download bitcoin core or use paper wallets or use multibit (light weight) wallet

~Rude Boy
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
June 17, 2015, 09:33:58 AM
You should look into a hardware wallet:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-hardware-wallets-for-2015-reviewed-967272

Keeping money in an online wallet is a bad idea.

The most important thing about creating a wallet, is that you have created the private key yourself and that you backup your private key.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
June 17, 2015, 09:30:14 AM
hello,

thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: