Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Password Recovery - page 3. (Read 14761 times)

staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
August 05, 2014, 05:04:11 AM
Ok, thanks for the information and quick reply Smiley

No problem, if you have any other questions feel free to ask them.

Update: I've changed the fees to a fixed fee instead of a percentage taken off. For example, you offer me amount of Bitcoin to work on a wallet before work has began and if I agree that's the price you'll pay. That way it keeps people from telling me their balance which I know a lot of people think that it is a security/privacy concern.

There is a minimum fee.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
August 04, 2014, 02:21:44 PM
How long does it take you to crack a password? Just pondering..

It ultimately depends on the amount of information someone gives me on their password. It can take as little as a few seconds after setting it up or it could take up to a month. If you know the majority of your password then it's normally a simple fix, if you are certain you have put the right password in that normally takes a hour at the most.

Obviously, the more you don't know about your password the longer the process. If you only know 2 characters out of 10 it's impossible.

There's never a definite answer it varies.

Ok, thanks for the information and quick reply Smiley
staff
August 04, 2014, 02:14:14 PM

It ultimately depends on the amount of information someone gives me on their password. It can take as little as a few seconds after setting it up or it could take up to a month. If you know the majority of your password then it's normally a simple fix, if you are certain you have put the right password in that normally takes a hour at the most.

Obviously, the more you don't know about your password the longer the process. If you only know 2 characters out of 10 it's impossible.

There's never a definite answer it varies.
Activity: 588
August 04, 2014, 02:08:05 PM
staff
August 03, 2014, 06:10:50 PM
This looks great. You should charge a flat rate though, mostly because people could make up the amount of BTC in their wallet to pay a much smaller fee.

I've started to do that. We agree on a fixed rate before work has started, unless I trust the user is giving the correct information then there's no issue. I've had a lot of emails about using the physical wallet file because people can't use pywallet to extract the information, of course I try to help them do the pywallet but, I have accepted a physical wallet once which is still being worked on, the password information wasn't great so I don't think we'll be finding it any time soon either.

Thanks for the suggestion and kind words.
Activity: 389
Merit: 250
August 03, 2014, 04:44:07 PM
This looks great. You should charge a flat rate though, mostly because people could make up the amount of BTC in their wallet to pay a much smaller fee.
staff
August 03, 2014, 09:33:55 AM
Did you get my last email Welsh? I sent it but then lost connection to my internet and haven't regained it back yet (this is on my phone and cant send email on phone)

Yes, thanks for the new information. Work has been already started and I've added the new information.

I've failed to regain 1 password, and am currently researching 1 and working on two jobs and have successfully completed 5 jobs. I've still got some more room for anyone who is interested. My success rate has been pretty good so far, as long as people provide me with accurate information and enough information it's pretty likely I'll find it.

Shoot me a PM if you require my services.
Activity: 532
Currently held as collateral by monbux
August 03, 2014, 08:37:14 AM
Did you get my last email Welsh? I sent it but then lost connection to my internet and haven't regained it back yet (this is on my phone and cant send email on phone)
staff
August 03, 2014, 01:01:24 AM
It's almost a year now that I haven't been able to access my Electrum Desktop wallet. I think it was hacked, although I searched my address but no transactions have been made. I only remember one of my previous passwords. Can you help?
Honestly, I believe you maybe made a typo or have forgotten a part of your password, because I find it hard to believe it has been hacked and no Bitcoin has been transferred out after a year.

You can send me a message if you like and we can discuss the methods and options available.

Short answer: Yes, probably.

Activity: 143
Merit: 100
August 03, 2014, 12:49:05 AM
Welsh just found the password for my friends wallet! He's extremely impressed and I too as I couldn't do it great business and I would recommend to anyone!

Thanks for the recommendation. I suggest your friend makes a new wallet/password just for extra security measurements.

Update: I've just hit a major breakthrough and got 6 cores effectively working in my code now. (Before sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't so sometimes it was limited to 4-5.)

It's almost a year now that I haven't been able to access my Electrum Desktop wallet. I think it was hacked, although I searched my address but no transactions have been made. I only remember one of my previous passwords. Can you help?
staff
August 02, 2014, 11:05:07 PM
Welsh just found the password for my friends wallet! He's extremely impressed and I too as I couldn't do it great business and I would recommend to anyone!

Thanks for the recommendation. I suggest your friend makes a new wallet/password just for extra security measurements.

Update: I've just hit a major breakthrough and got 6 cores effectively working in my code now. (Before sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't so sometimes it was limited to 4-5.)
Activity: 616
August 02, 2014, 09:44:29 PM
staff
August 02, 2014, 06:18:35 PM
How long does this take to do?

It varies depending on how much information you can give me and what order I apply the scripts and generally how long it takes to go through the sequence on the scripts. The majority that I've done have been completed within a few hours because i've had some good information. But, it depends on the information you give me. It could take a very long time. (weeks)

I can make estimate for anyone interested before work starts, but it might not be entirely accurate.
Activity: 602
August 02, 2014, 03:30:21 PM
How long does this take to do?
staff
August 02, 2014, 02:18:41 PM
I've still got your email from when we did a trade before are you still using that email? I've got a friend which needs some help but they are new so there isn't much on the wallet is there a minimum amount that has to be on the wallet?

No, there is no limit on the amount of coins in the wallet, if it's only a small amount I do normally offer my service free but, they are not high priority in my list at the moment though I haven't got much work on so if you could get your friend to email me as soon as possible I can fit him in whilst there's no work on.

As for the email, I'm not quite sure because I can't remember what one I gave you. I shall message you the temporary email which I'm using for the moment.
Activity: 532
Currently held as collateral by monbux
August 02, 2014, 02:15:25 PM
I've still got your email from when we did a trade before are you still using that email? I've got a friend which needs some help but they are new so there isn't much on the wallet is there a minimum amount that has to be on the wallet?
staff
August 02, 2014, 12:29:02 PM
OK. Thanks anyway, bro. Wish you succsess with your venture.

No problem. Thanks for the good wishes!

Note: I'll be away for the next few hours so I won't be able to respond to your messages, however my scripts are still running on the people who have contacted me and I have a good success rate so far. I've managed to help two people out of three. The third seems like it may not have enough or accurate password details and that's why I haven't been able to find it yet. I'll still be working on it though.
Activity: 154
Man is King!
August 02, 2014, 10:06:00 AM
OK. Thanks anyway, bro. Wish you succsess with your venture.
staff
August 01, 2014, 08:34:16 AM
Hey,

Can you decrypt a rdd (reddcoin) walled.dat?

It depends how it was developed. But, for alt coins I normally have to have the wallet.dat (which of course is a security risk to you) because, pywallet probably won't work on any of the alt coins apart from a few there is no way which I know of to extract the required information.

I could take a look into it further about how it was developed and see if I can come up with a way of extracting the information. If you want to try the mkey solution it wouldn't hurt, but I doubt you'll find anything. I'll setup the client in my virtual workspace and I'll have a look at the possible ways.

As to payment, I always require to be paid in Bitcoin.

EDIT: Of course, I could setup a test environment which you give me the all the information about your password and any other useful information and I could try the most logical answers and send them to you. But, because I don't have anything to test against (actual data) this is just a punch in the dark, this is only useful if you know that you have made a typo or are only missing 3 letters maximum.

Send me a message if you would like to discuss your options.
Activity: 154
Man is King!
August 01, 2014, 08:29:38 AM
Hey,

Can you decrypt a rdd (reddcoin) walled.dat?
Pages:
Jump to: