Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Password Recovery - page 4. (Read 14761 times)

staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
August 01, 2014, 06:41:27 AM
Nice service, there is already walletrecoveryservices as your competitor, good luck in the business!

I'm fully aware of the service! If I ever can't find the password they will be my next suggestion. I'm all for sharing the workload between us. Cheers for the reply. Although, I have done research and it seems now I have updated my pricing I'm the cheapest by far and pretty much reachable 24/5.

I'll probably be creating a website soon so people can email me too and also looking into all the possible alt coins as I know (sadly) alt coin is the majority of the community now and the chance of losing a password for a alt coin is a little more common.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
August 01, 2014, 06:40:20 AM
Nice service, there is already walletrecoveryservices as your competitor, good luck in the business!
staff
August 01, 2014, 06:14:33 AM
I'm at work at the moment so I can't send you the mkey I'll be back later on and I'll send a message to you It is for the bitcoin core wallet and has around 70 Bitcoin in it. (I'm not the owner of the wallet but, my friend is) my friend asked me if I have a go and try to get the bitcoin back but after having some help off a few members and following a thread with example scipts I failed so I'll contact you later can I have your email as I would rather deal with it through email?

Yes you can contact me by email. If you just send me a message on here I'll then send you my email. (To prevent getting spammed)
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
August 01, 2014, 06:02:36 AM
I'm at work at the moment so I can't send you the mkey I'll be back later on and I'll send a message to you It is for the bitcoin core wallet and has around 70 Bitcoin in it. (I'm not the owner of the wallet but, my friend is) my friend asked me if I have a go and try to get the bitcoin back but after having some help off a few members and following a thread with example scipts I failed so I'll contact you later can I have your email as I would rather deal with it through email?
staff
August 01, 2014, 03:47:25 AM
Seems after some testing multibit is a real pain. However, I have found a much easier and quicker way to find the password, but it does require you trusting me and sending me a .key file. My program cracks it a lot quicker but, of course this is sensitive data and I understand that you might not want to give this to anyone. I still believe this is safe as I'm only looking for the password still and this should be the equivalent to the mkey, but as of yet I don't know how to extract the data. (I'll do some testing and researching) If you give me the .key file I still don't have access to your wallet although, I'm doing further testing just to see if this is secure and would like to warn anyone who owns a multibit wallet.

I'm always searching for alternatives and better options. I'll continue to look into multibit and find a option which doesn't require me to have any of your physical files.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
July 31, 2014, 09:06:41 PM
10-20% of what??? If i only have 0.005BTC you charge me 20% ... that is fine .... but what if I have 50BTC ... i don't want to give you 10BTC .... that is a little too much ...
It's not that much...  It's either 40 BTC for you, or none at all.  I believe most people would come to Welsh as a last resort.
Good luck welsh!
Exactly this. When you do lose coins due to a lost encryption key it's much better to recover 80% rather than nothing.
staff
July 31, 2014, 03:01:34 PM
Mr. Welsh i didn't said you are a scammer and never thought of that! Why because you don't need to scam you just need 2 customers with 1000BTC that lost their passwords and you just made yourself 200BTC Smiley

And yes .... Since you put the problem like that I accept to pay a fee of 10-20% rather than have em all lost Smiley

I expected a lot of questions similar to yours and I still expect a lot more of them. I'm not looking to get rich off this, at first I was thinking of doing it for free and accepting tips But, because of how long each job could take and the upkeep for the hardware it would of not been cost effective for me. I've edited the post and stated I'm willing to listen to fixed prices but, they would still need to be a reasonable offer. I thought 10% would be a nice little incentive for me and not to much of the person requiring the service.

I'm expecting to have a few people contact me with around 1-5 Bitcoin in their wallet and which they require to be recovered I don't think I'll be that busy either I don't think many people have this problem.

Added to my watch list just in case I need in the future.

Let's hope you won't be requiring my services  Roll Eyes.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
July 31, 2014, 02:47:51 PM
Mr. Welsh i didn't said you are a scammer and never thought of that! Why because you don't need to scam you just need 2 customers with 1000BTC that lost their passwords and you just made yourself 200BTC Smiley

And yes .... Since you put the problem like that I accept to pay a fee of 10-20% rather than have em all lost Smiley
Activity: 532
Currently held as collateral by monbux
July 31, 2014, 02:32:35 PM
Added to my watch list just in case I need in the future.
staff
July 31, 2014, 11:47:46 AM
Are you using bruteforce or some special technique to find the password?

I'm using a few different techniques. It depends on what the problem is. If you are missing a few characters I'll simply apply a bruteforce script. Otherwise, I have a few custom scripts for typos & permutations. Most of it is using a brutescript if the problem is simple. If not I'll use some of my own brain processing to try and simplify the program and find the password within the quickest time possible. I'll normally try and suck enough information out of the users brain before anything.

I'll try to look for logical characters and use some of the techniques I've learned over the last few years.

Link: Discussion about password recovery. (requires some ruby programming knowledge)
This thread has a lot of in depth information on the many techniques that you can do yourself. Although, most of the scripts try 10 combinations every second which is pretty slow (I think it's limited to 10).
Activity: 482
LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com
July 31, 2014, 11:43:21 AM
I do suggest anyone to try the free alternatives. This is a last resort if you haven't got any technical knowledge or the time. I will mostly charge 10% for anything which isn't hard. if there are a lot o combinations and the time to find the correct password will take a very long time I will consider going up to 20%.

Are you using bruteforce or some special technique to find the password?
staff
July 31, 2014, 11:38:08 AM

10-20% of what??? If i only have 0.005BTC you charge me 20% ... that is fine .... but what if I have 50BTC ... i don't want to give you 10BTC .... that is a little too much ...

Well, I'll mostly be charging 10%. However, I did put 10-20% depending on the difficulty and the time it will take to find the correct password. For example, if a user gives me enough information but, hasn't provided enough information to find it within two weeks then that is when I'll consider raising the price. The deal with this sort of service is if you have tried getting the password back by your own methods and/or you don't have the knowledge or time to find the password then come to me for a last resort. My suggestion is to try and find it by yourself first of all.

Generally, the real question is this: I'll have to pay him 20%? That's a little bit too much, but on the other hand without using him I'll have none of my Bitcoin back.

It's not that much...  It's either 40 BTC for you, or none at all.  I believe most people would come to Welsh as a last resort.
Good luck welsh!

Thank you very much Monbux. I honestly thought I would of come across a few trolls pointing it out as a scam without reading the post.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024
July 31, 2014, 11:14:32 AM
It's not that much...  It's either 40 BTC for you, or none at all.  I believe most people would come to Welsh as a last resort.
Good luck welsh!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
July 31, 2014, 11:09:24 AM
staff
July 31, 2014, 10:32:15 AM
Notes:
My scripts are running on Python however, I'm looking to see if it would be better to convert to C++.
The fee depends on the difficulty and time it will take to find the password.
Everything is run within a slackware environment.

FAQ:

I have very little in my wallet how much would you charge?

I'll be doing small amounts for free anything under 0.05 I normally will do that free of charge.

Can you do "X" alt coin

I'm in discussion with many alt coin developers, I'll be looking to offer my services officially for alt coins, however payment must be in Bitcoin. If you own a alt coin you can shoot me a message and we can discuss doing business for people using your alt coin.

How long does the process normally take?

It all depends on how much you know about the password and and any other information you might have. Most people who have approached me have had their passwords found within the first few hours because they provided enough information. However, there has been a number of cases which ran for a few days.

How long do you run the scripts until you say you can't find it?

If I believe there is still a possibility of finding the password, I'll run it as long as needed. If I think that there is a little chance of finding it, I normally run for 2-4 weeks before exhausting the search.

staff
July 30, 2014, 12:39:43 PM
If you find any issues/vulnerabilities with extracting the mkey then please notify me as soon as possible. I have done several hours of research and I believe there are no issues with extracting the data and sending it to someone. As long as you have not used that password for something else of course.

Warning: Check that you are actually contacting me. Verify the username. There has been a lot of recent scams where people have copied someones username and only changed one letter which looks identical from a quick scan. Double check. I will also never communicate on another website other than email. I will not communicate on skype, reddit etc.

staff
July 30, 2014, 12:39:32 PM
I NO LONGER OFFER THIS SERVICE

Password recovery services that doesn't require sending wallet.dat PAGE LAST UPDATED 22/01/2017 TO WARN OF RECENT PYWALLET AT SOURCEFORGE COMPROMISE, THIS PAGE HAS ALWAYS DIRECTED TO GITHUB HOWEVER DUE TO RECENT COMPROMISE, IT'S ALWAYS RECOMMEND TO CHECK THE SOURCE YOURSELF More information here: Link
Before requesting assistance from me, you should try yourself by using btchris program btcrecover please check the source code yourself, to assure it's safe, as I haven't used the program since early 2015  

This service is for anyone who has forgotten/lost their encrypted wallet password from the following wallets: Multibit & Bitcoin core. The way the service works is that you send extracted information from your wallet via pywallet, then send it to me and I will attempt to find the correct password. I've done a lot of research and I believe this is the safest way possible. I will never ask you for your wallet file unless there are no alternatives or you don't know how to extract they key information.

Prerequisites:

- You know most of your password and/or give me all the possibilities.
- Extracted dumpfile (pywallet)

Instructions for Bitcoin core/qt wallet:
Instructions for dumping information using pywallet:

1. Download & install Pywallet and it's dependencies. (https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet)
2. Run Pywallet.
3. Enter the following: python pywallet.py --dumpwallet > information.txt
4. Open information.txt
5. Search for "mkey"
6. Copy the following from the text file:
Code:
        "mkey": {
        "encrypted_key": "",
        "nDerivationIterations": ,
        "nDerivationMethod": ,
        "nID": ,
        "otherParams": "",
        "salt": ""
    },
7. Send a message to me containing this information and your possible passwords and any other information which might help.
PYWALLET WAS RECENTLY COMPROMISED ON SOURCEFORGE. https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4e2bqy/warning_i_discovered_this_morning_that_the/ (THIS POST AS ALWAYS DIRECTED TO GITHUB HOWEVER DUE TO RECENT COMPROMISE, IT'S ALWAYS RECOMMEND TO CHECK THE SOURCE YOURSELF)

Can you steal my Bitcoin?
No, actually we are only using some of the information from the wallet.dat which contains your password. Because, you have only sent us the "mkey" information we don''t have your wallet.dat on file. That means when/if we correctly guess your password we can't access your wallet.dat because you have it!

Fees:
We agree a fixed price before work has started on the password. Standard rate is 5-10% of wallet contents. There are no fees involved Tips are appreciated.
Payment:
When I find the correct password I will ask if you could place the agreed fee  in a escrow. When the escrow confirms he has received the money I shall then go ahead and give you the password and request that the funds be released. Tips can be arranged  Wink

What I can help you with:
- If you can remember most of your passwords but, have forgotten (1-5 unknown characters)
- If you thought you typed the correct password but, think you have made a typo.
- If you remember the password but, can't remember what numbers you included.
- If you can remember the words but, not the combination of words.
- You know your password but, are unsure where capitals were included.

Isn't this aiding thieves?
No, for anyone using this service it requires some knowledge of what the password was. So, anyone who contacts me stating they don't know any characters, or length will not be replied too.

What if I own another wallet besides Bitcoin core/qt?
Here are the currently supported wallets:
- Multibit
- Electrum
- Bitcoin core/qt
- Armory
- Blockchain.info

There are different methods for each, unfortunately at this time I do require physical files for some wallets (some times a private key which is for a blank address) but, you can always try the mkey solution on all wallets to see if you are able to get the same data or very similar. (I'm always researching to find a better solution)
Pages:
Jump to: