Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin wallet users, have you ever? - page 3. (Read 525 times)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
February 02, 2023, 01:07:48 PM
1. With paper wallet generator or good non custodial wallet software, you can create your wallet and public receiving addresses offline. This is one part of creating air-gappped wallets.

2. Electrum is available for Android and iOS. You can edit transaction fee rates too with three options: ETA, Static or Mempool.

3. Fee rate is one part of your transaction fee that is by fee rate x transaction size. With same transaction size, if you increase fee rate, you are paying more transaction fee to miners. It boosts your transaction to tip of mempools and makes more quickly to be confirmed.

[General] Bitcoin wallets - Which, What, Why?
Activity: 1643
Merit: 683
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
February 02, 2023, 01:07:37 PM
If you can't create an address offline, your not using a wallet.
There is no gas in Bitcoin. That term comes from a centralized premined shitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
February 02, 2023, 01:06:45 PM
Additionally, since transactions on the bitcoin network aren't interacting with smart contacts, you can edit the fees to whatever you want (in a lot of cases, the lowest fee you can set will still get a confirmation - compared with eth which uses "gas" and can have smart contracts that fail if they're not executed fast enough).
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
February 02, 2023, 01:04:10 PM
1. Yes it's possible. Most of them do.
2. Yes, there are plenty of wallets that allow you to edit your fees. To mention a few: Electrum, Exodus, etc. Which wallet have you been using?
3. Correct. A lot of wallets allow you to choose "High, medium, and low" fees. You can go with that or If you want to fully customize the fees on your own, you should probably look into mempool.space so you don't end up overpaying.

Activity: 658
Merit: 384
February 02, 2023, 12:56:50 PM
I have few questions about Bitcoin and some parts of other bitcoin wallet I may not know of, since I have been using Bitcoin wallet I have never choose to set gas fee myself, like how you do with Metamask when sending Ethereum tokens so.

1. Is there any way to generate bitcoin address offline without the help of the internet ?

2. Since Bitcoin launched is there any wallet that supports auto editing the gas fee of Bitcoin straight from your android or IOS machine?

3. Does high gas fee means faster-sending speed on bitcoin wallet?
Pages:
Jump to: