Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin - what price would you sell? - page 5. (Read 834 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5630
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
January 07, 2023, 07:56:31 AM
I started accumulating Bitcoin after the June crash last year, my average buy is currently $17500.
~snip~

For someone who is not intelligent enough to find his old topic and opens a new one every 20 days with the same questions, I can only say that I do not hope that the whole thing with investing in Bitcoin will be successful. No one can give you the perfect answer, nor can they take you by the hand and lead you in the right direction - be a man and stand behind your decisions Angry

I started investing in Bitcoin after the June crash this year and have been buying weekly since.

I have now been investing in Crypto for 10 months and its been a test of patience thats for sure...
Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
January 07, 2023, 07:30:14 AM
This is entirely dependent on the individual and the price at which he or she wishes to sell, as we all have different preferences, and the price at which we purchased is different. In my opinion, the only time that I would sell my bitcoin is first if we are in an emergency situation in which I need financial assistance; whether it was a loss in profit, it is still okay for me so that I can use it in an emergency, as this is my first reason why I invest and hold on to bitcoin, and the second is when the profit I've got is so big that I can't handle it anymore.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
January 07, 2023, 06:20:24 AM
@OP has a good plan of investing in bitcoins every week and if he keeps at it until the price starts increasing, he can collect more bitcoins and sell them at the next high price. I plan to sell my bitcoins at $100k (although I don't know when that will happen). And at least I did the same as @ OP and so far, I've managed to buy and will continue to do so until I've had enough bitcoin.

We may see the next high price before or after the halving, which will be a high that we cannot even imagine. And if you can sell at that high price for many bitcoins, you can buy many bitcoins when the price goes back down after hitting a high.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
January 07, 2023, 03:50:44 AM
I am thinking of just accumulating till 2029/2030 which should be the next bull run after 2025.

Hopefully by this point I will have close to 1 full Bitcoin and the price will be at least $250k which would then be worth selling to me.

That is a pretty good strategy and I have very similar thoughts like you. Right now is the time to buy cryptos and not to sell. Making bitcoin purchases around the 16,000 USD level is a good deal and the coins should be held as long as possible. HODL investing has been one of the most successful strategies for people who invested early into bitcoins, and the good thing about is it that you don't need to spend a lot of time researching markets and making new trades. Like you my goal is owning 1 BTC, until then I mostly focus on buying a few Satoshi every month. Once I reach 1 BTC my next goal is to start building up more alt coins.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1566
January 06, 2023, 03:59:20 AM
I think the magic number for many will be $100,000. Sales then possible, or just for fun - buy for 10,000$ sell for 100,000$ - "Oh, there is another 0". All Out will go only a few, who is already so long in it will also stay. The time they invested earlier, they can use for the important things in life = family. The next country will come and make Bitcoin legal tender and people will pay with it. More will come and bitcoin will become more important. And i hope in a few years the same questions will be asked as 4-6 years ago. When will the price be at $1,000,000?
Activity: 630
Merit: 544
January 06, 2023, 03:58:28 AM
I am not holding Bitcoin for financial gain alone; rather, I am holding it for future use. I also have no other option for where to store my value so as not to involve third parties so that why I am saving my in bitcoin, so I cannot simply determine the price at which I can sell my Bitcoin. I might consider selling it during the next bull run, but I don't believe the concept will be very logical given due that I may not need money at time, so i believe holding it till whatever.

But I always think about using it for transactions purposes, like making purchases with my Bitcoin whenever I anticipate a delay from my bank. As a result, my main motivation for acquiring Bitcoin is to use it in future transactions.
Activity: 133
Merit: 65
January 06, 2023, 03:21:39 AM
I plan to literally sleep on it.
Activity: 742
Merit: 392
January 06, 2023, 02:43:27 AM
I have not been able to determine at what price I will sell it. Because maybe right now I'm still focused on the accumulation process. so I haven't had time to think about a target selling price. But for the time target, maybe I already have an idea about it (selling bitcoin). namely some of the bitcoin halving this time. in 2024. and I will save some of it until the next halving. At least that's what I've thought so far. the reason I'm selling some in the upcoming halving is to just take my initial capital in the investment. and after the halving, of course the price will come back down. and I will spend the initial capital back to buy bitcoins so that the amount doubles. Meanwhile, some of the bitcoin assets that have not been sold will be left until the next halving and added to the accumulated results after the current halving. that's my plan. maybe one day there will be a change in my plans and that's fine.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 791
Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈
January 06, 2023, 12:29:34 AM
It varies what they want for the bitcoin they have, even when the price goes up, there are always those who sell it because they want quick profits to get, so this question is too common to hear.

If you believe the price of bitcoin will be above $ 100k or more even after bitcoin it will be very valuable if you want to continue to have bitcoin then make regular purchases of course you will gradually reach 1 BTC as long as you don't sell at all along the way but right everyone is always different in bringing their investment in bitcoin so I think as long as the price is low a lot of investors continue to hoard bitcoin.

But I always don't recommend investing in altcoins even if it's a little, it's inappropriate and I don't like shitcoins.

The 2029/2030 journey is very long, I also want to hold bitcoin until this year, but I don't know how the journey will be, whether after the bullrun comes, I will still be able to hold it or sell it at night at ATH, I don't know.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 128
Vaccinized.. immunity level is full.
January 06, 2023, 12:22:50 AM
I started accumulating Bitcoin after the June crash last year, my average buy is currently $17500.

I feel like it is a good time to be accumulating but also lately have been thinking it may be a while until it is worth selling.

I think Bitcoin will reach $100k maybe $150k next bull run in 2025 but feel that is not going to be enough for me to sell as I won't have anywhere near 1 full Bitcoin.

I invest in Bitcoin weekly but I also have other Altcoins I invest in so it is not a large amount I am able to put into Bitcoin right now.

I am thinking of just accumulating till 2029/2030 which should be the next bull run after 2025.

Hopefully by this point I will have close to 1 full Bitcoin and the price will be at least $250k which would then be worth selling to me.

It is an excellent strategy to get a good profit, but holding bitcoins for such a long time is not easy. I think you should try harder from now on because currently, the bitcoin price is at $17k, which is still a pretty low price to accumulate compared to your salary. But if in the next bull season in 2025, and bitcoin price won't be as low as it is now and each bitcoin will cost $40k or $60k, your accumulation will be difficult. So you need to try to accumulate as much as you can now, or you can sell your bitcoin during the next bull season and wait for the bear season to start, you can accumulate more easily.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
January 06, 2023, 12:11:42 AM
This is just an opinion, not a financial advice.

Bitcoin won't always be as cheap as now. A year or two from now, we can only look back and wish we could turn back time. Failing to buy Bitcoin at $16,000 today is a forever missed opportunity. It might not come back at all. It might already be as expensive as $100,000 per coin. So I guess it is wise to do the buying today, a bit faster if possible. If I can exaggerate a bit, panic buying should be done with Bitcoin below $20,000. I myself am trying to make do with whatever fiat I have because I won't be converting a single Satoshi from my wallet.

What price would I sell? I might sell when Bitcoin hits 6 digits.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 301
*STOP NOWHERE*
January 05, 2023, 11:05:29 PM

I feel like it is a good time to be accumulating but also lately have been thinking it may be a while until it is worth selling.

I think Bitcoin will reach $100k maybe $150k next bull run in 2025 but feel that is not going to be enough for me to sell as I won't have anywhere near 1 full Bitcoin.

I invest in Bitcoin weekly but I also have other Altcoins I invest in so it is not a large amount I am able to put into Bitcoin right now.

You hold like 1 Bitcoin which is a very good investment. But always invest with a specific target. Bitcoin will be a halving by 2024 but it is better to sell your bitcoins there. You can target up to $100,000. If Bitcoin stays between $100,000, I think it's best to sell your Bitcoin there. Then when the market crashes a bit you can invest again. And there are certain rules of investing that you should follow.

If we understand bull and bear market cycles, it can also be a tactic to increase the number of bitcoin instead of just holding long and not selling any bitcoin. I have also used them for years, I will sell all my bitcoins during the bull season and wait for us to enter the bear season like now to accumulate bitcoins again.

Wise investment is we know how to rotate capital and not just accumulate without selling, it would be a pity if OP doesn't sell bitcoin when it hits 100k and can buy it back for 50k or 20k later.

Activity: 2492
Merit: 547
Rollbit
January 05, 2023, 10:55:46 PM

For some long term hodler, it's not gonna be the price that they are determined of, it's gonna be the perfect time to garner everything when you're enjoying your retirement already.
Since Bitcoin are most likely going upwards as time passed by.
So, it has always been a win-win situation for those who are patiently holding.
If that's the range where you want to sell your Btc, then I guess you'll need to have enough patience till you Btc gets there.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
January 05, 2023, 10:41:10 PM

I do not see anything wrong with your strategy, there are many members on the forum that are not willing to sell their bitcoin at any price, but most likely they are doing so well economically they can even afford such strategy, if you think you need to sell at some point and you have a clear idea of how much bitcoin you could have and at what price you want to sell then that is a good enough strategy if you ask me, the only problem is that you have been holding for only half a year and you are planning on holding your coins for 6 or 7 additional years.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1344
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
January 05, 2023, 09:41:16 PM
(....)
Are you gonna sell all your Bitcoins at some point when the price of Bitcoin will reach your target price?
Because for me, Bitcoin became my emergency funds and the same time investment because I can easily sell some of my Bitcoins if I needed some funds personally.
For me, I will see only a portion of my Bitcoin because forever I will hold Bitcoin, a big or small amount. If I will buy Bitcoin now, a portion of it will be sold at first when it hits the 6 digits price of Bitcoin.
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
January 05, 2023, 07:36:15 PM

You hold like 1 Bitcoin which is a very good investment. But always invest with a specific target. Bitcoin will be a halving by 2024 but it is better to sell your bitcoins there. You can target up to $100,000. If Bitcoin stays between $100,000, I think it's best to sell your Bitcoin there. Then when the market crashes a bit you can invest again. And there are certain rules of investing that you should follow.
Activity: 14
Merit: 1
January 05, 2023, 07:07:53 PM
I don't think I'll be selling it for a long time maybe until I'm old. I bought at high price last year and it will be a long way to profit. I still believe bitcoin will reach $100,000
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102
January 05, 2023, 06:44:43 PM
I wouldn't sell at all. I don't see bitcoin in these terms of selling and buying. What I do is exchange assets for goods and services and the other way round. I don't need fiat money and I don't want to hold fiat money. Fiat is just a means to an end, so why not skip that means and go straight to an end?
I'll wait until I can get the house that I want for bitcoin, or a piece of land. I'll be happy to exchange it for things that I need at some point, and USD value will not matter to me because it will be a few times higher than it is now anyway.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 442
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 05, 2023, 06:05:00 PM
I'm not going to wait until precise marks anymore like 100,000$ or 250,000$. I did it last time expecting bitcoin would reach 100.000$, and it ended hiting 69,000$ and crashing next. Now I will just wait for the next bull run. Where it leads us it's ok for me and then I'm going to sell my holdings. I have to invest in another sectors of my life and can't hold bitcoin forever without putting it into good use. And to be frankly, it doesn't make sense to hold money forever. At some point you have to use it, otherwise why do we start holding at first place?
This is the ultimate goal of making a profit and if OP can wait for this price without a specific date, then it is good for OP.
I don't think hoarding too much time will get you satisfied when the price doubles or much better triples from the capital but for sure --it should be an amount that you can afford to wait. You can sell at any time as long as you have your profit or never sell under the price that you have purchased. We can also set a goal of taking profit/ROI but if you want it to make double, it could be but you need to wait for it.
For me? I will sell for as long as I needed but not in a losing position.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 737
January 05, 2023, 05:21:31 PM
I've been receiving Bitcoin from signature campaigns for about two years now. I literally have no idea what my average purchase price is, but I'm guessing it's somewhere around $30,000. Personally, I wouldn't sell anywhere less than my DCA price, but honestly, knowing Bitcoin capabilities, it would be stupid to sell below $50,000. The previous ATH was almost $70,000, which would personally be a great selling point, but is pessimistic nonetheless, since we still haven't ruled out the chance of Bitcoin surpassing $100,000.

It's honestly fascinating to think that in a few years there's a chance that my money has the ability to double or even triple its current value.
Pages:
Jump to: