Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will be destroyed by early adopters - page 3. (Read 7608 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
December 07, 2013, 06:15:43 AM
I find it more interesting to look statswise when possible early adopters spent their BTC (note that this is not a indication of BTC being turned into cash, you can see a spike where the silk road closure happened). While they manage to sell before it crashes/corrects/"insert your preferred term here", most of the value fluctuation seems to be caused by... short-term speculators trading virtually.

And from what I heard about early adopters, most of them sell their BTC in batches rather than their whole amount.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
December 07, 2013, 04:40:57 AM
so.... what I said may just have happened.
Outside of "destroyed" and "early adopters," yeah, I'd say you were.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
December 07, 2013, 04:33:36 AM
so.... what I said may just have happened.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
December 06, 2013, 11:03:09 PM
This is what makes markets function.... buyers and sellers..... moving from weak hands to stronger hands with a higher cost basis.

It all really boils down to long term fundamentals. There are no P/E ratios to look at EBITA or book value. The PRIME factors of future price are:
(1) Adoption rate and reach, and;
(2) Government acceptance or tolerance

Everything else is background noise.

If more and more merchants accept bitcoin.. and if more and more people USE (not just hoard) bitcoin, it will trade at a higher price in the future.

Until then.... if you are a believer but don't have a position, keep accumulating and use the power of dollar cost averaging.

If you are not a believer but a big holder, sell on strength... Simple.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. LOL

SQ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
December 06, 2013, 08:27:51 PM
a load us would just buy from all the idiot panic sellers and reap the rewards.

Losing your temper and calling panic sellers idiots doesn't look like you believe to much on what you say.
Just saying  Roll Eyes

Dictionary
a sudden overwhelming fear, with or without cause, that produces hysterical or irrational behavior, and that often spreads quickly through a group of persons or animals.

The term "panic sellers" refers to someone who irrationally sells without any rational reason, basically without using common sense so I would refer to them as idiots, or at least ignorant as I can understand newbies selling without considering all the factors. Also I am not losing my temper either way, I am having fun building a game with some beers, while wishing I had my FIAT to buy some cheap coins.  Grin
Activity: 434
December 06, 2013, 08:23:14 PM
if anything, i think bitcoin will be destroyed by fear mongers or unrealistic bulls. please fall somewhere in between those two extremes.
December 06, 2013, 08:16:28 PM
I don't think that you can find people that are more hardcore hoarders than early adopters. Most of them just hoard and wait for the price to hit 100k or 1m $.  Roll Eyes

they have been pumping and dumping and making millions from that alone. when they feel the market can't bear more, why not dump and abandon all? what does it matter to those who have made a hundred million already?

You are talking about speculators. I can hardly find any speculators among the early adopters.

do you think they didnt speculate on becoming rich? do you think they would tell you when and how much they are selling?
Activity: 476
December 06, 2013, 08:13:30 PM
a load us would just buy from all the idiot panic sellers and reap the rewards.

Losing your temper and calling panic sellers idiots doesn't look like you believe to much on what you say.
Just saying  Roll Eyes
Activity: 406
December 06, 2013, 08:03:14 PM
It's true that those holding a large amount of coins could bring down Bitcoin, however this would be temporary. Bitcoin users would need a concrete reason abandon Bitcoin, a load us would just buy from all the idiot panic sellers and reap the rewards. The only way Bitcoin is going down long term is if it gets outlawed or some kind of regulations prohibit its use on a global scale. Only bears should be fearful of this.  Grin
December 06, 2013, 08:02:05 PM
Price can't go to $50 unless a catastrophic news, period.

they have been pumping and dumping and making millions from that alone. when they feel the market can't bear more, why not dump and abandon all? what does it matter to those who have made a hundred million already?

Please provide some facts.

I can't because you quoted something that another guy said under my name  Roll Eyes
fix it please  Tongue
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
December 06, 2013, 07:59:51 PM
Do you think the early adopters are naive? They will only withdraw on different peak instances. And considering AML regulations, they can't at this time cash out more than BTC10 at a time.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
December 06, 2013, 07:54:15 PM
Yes, those who get scared they will lose their millions and dump 10000+ or more at the market, starting an avalanche. I'm convinced that pump and dump has been going on for a long time, the question is, when will they overdo it to kill it all.

Redistribution of wealth.  Once more people have these coins things will be better. And less radical. 
Activity: 196
December 06, 2013, 06:21:51 PM
Price can't go to $50 unless a catastrophic news, period.

Please provide some facts.
December 06, 2013, 06:08:49 PM
I don't think that you can find people that are more hardcore hoarders than early adopters. Most of them just hoard and wait for the price to hit 100k or 1m $.  Roll Eyes

You are talking about speculators. I can hardly find any speculators among the early adopters.
December 06, 2013, 05:53:02 PM

December 06, 2013, 05:40:19 PM
I don't think that you can find people that are more hardcore hoarders than early adopters. Most of them just hoard and wait for the price to hit 100k or 1m $.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 322
December 06, 2013, 05:20:27 PM
according to mt gox it only takes one market dump of 87,000 btc to take price back down to $50 yip yip
What's the exact source?
I can't trust this. there are many wallets with over 10k bitcoins out there...
Simply go here. Type in 87001 in the box and copy ´n paste the dollar value into a calculator. Next Type 87000 into the sell box and subtract the dolar value from the first value.
Currently the difference is $30, not $50. So selling 87k BTC would drop the price at Gox to $30 even.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
In math we trust.
December 06, 2013, 04:59:24 PM
according to mt gox it only takes one market dump of 87,000 btc to take price back down to $50 yip yip
What's the exact source?
I can't trust this. there are many wallets with over 10k bitcoins out there...
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 06, 2013, 04:10:18 PM
If someone is stupid enough to dump a big stash all at once and not get a good price for their coins by selling in smaller chunks, let them do so. The coins will be more evenly distributed among bitcoin population, good for all in the long run.

they could just dump in order to drive the price down and then buy some back. and then repeat. pretty sure that's been going on since the beginning. look at all the other funny coins, same thing.

Well, to this I'd reply, if someone is stupid enough to dump when they see the dumping is already happening, then they either don't believe in the fundamentals, or too chicken to play this game. They better be out of it anyway. So it's all for the good in the long run. In the long run, if you believe in the fundamentals, you hold, no matter what games are going on around you, and only offload when the price goes up, never when the price goes down.
December 06, 2013, 04:04:34 PM
If someone is stupid enough to dump a big stash all at once and not get a good price for their coins by selling in smaller chunks, let them do so. The coins will be more evenly distributed among bitcoin population, good for all in the long run.

they could just dump in order to drive the price down and then buy some back. and then repeat. pretty sure that's been going on since the beginning. look at all the other funny coins, same thing.
Pages:
Jump to: