Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin x64 for Windows - page 2. (Read 37390 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
July 29, 2010, 01:24:21 PM
and with that addition, I've broken over 5000khash/s for the first time.

I've updated the link above, so just redownload.

New Link please
Activity: 70
July 29, 2010, 01:20:30 PM
and with that addition, I've broken over 5000khash/s for the first time.

I've updated the link above, so just redownload.
July 29, 2010, 01:13:00 PM
Forgot to add an optimization for x64 that gets rid of the ByteReverse operations; due to the the x64 asm all the reversed bytes get unreversed when passed to the algorithm which is quite a waste so I've removed it and it's building now.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 29, 2010, 01:01:47 PM
running the new 64bit build
my Core i7 720QM Win7 work laptop, while running all kinds of work tools, is getting about 2500 khash/s
my Core i7 965 with Win7 at home gets about 5100 khash/s (oops I lied, I haven't ran this one at home yet.  Running the previous version, will update tonight)
July 29, 2010, 12:52:31 PM
OK, finally got around to doing the builds, thanks to the fact Satoshi is now using the crypto++ stuff I've been able to build it with VS without there being any performance difference between it and the Intel compiler, so with any luck we should have good stability.

Please note that the x86 and x64 builds are not equal; the x64 version uses the full x64 SHA256 ASM code.

I'm getting close to 5000khash/s on the x64 build and about 200k less on the x86 build (so no doubt the more cores you have the more you'll notice the difference)

anyway, grab it here

excellent work you're doing!
when (if) i manage to generate some coins, i'll make sure to pass some your way  Grin
Activity: 308
Merit: 256
July 29, 2010, 12:45:06 PM
Yeah, works well. I'll let it run on a few servers for a while to see how stable it is.

At this rate, we'll all double the difficult again just because we keep getting clients that double up over and over on the khash/s   Grin

These builds now out-pace my linux machines on similar hardware, very impressive!
Activity: 77
July 29, 2010, 12:25:45 PM
From 3800 (the last realease x64) to 4300 (actual realease).

Now i hope more stability

Thanks
July 29, 2010, 12:10:19 PM
OK, finally got around to doing the builds, thanks to the fact Satoshi is now using the crypto++ stuff I've been able to build it with VS without there being any performance difference between it and the Intel compiler, so with any luck we should have good stability.

Please note that the x86 and x64 builds are not equal; the x64 version uses the full x64 SHA256 ASM code.

I'm getting close to 5000khash/s on the x64 build and about 200k less on the x86 build (so no doubt the more cores you have the more you'll notice the difference)

Link Updated, I removed the pointless ByteReverse operations and I've broken over 5000khash/s

anyway, grab it here
July 28, 2010, 04:42:28 PM
Also, in my experience, one can switch from one build to another and use the same wallet etc.
Same experience for me, plus I've generated coin with these builds, never had any trouble transferring it around or spending it, so the experimental builds are following the Bit Coin protocol properly like the rest of the *release* clients out there.
Activity: 182
July 28, 2010, 04:31:35 PM
Also, in my experience, one can switch from one build to another and use the same wallet etc.
July 28, 2010, 11:24:30 AM
if the unofficial bitcoin crashes, does it lose any progress it has made and have to restart from the beginning of whatever it was working on?

yes, i'm a bit of a thickie, still not quite sure of the internal workings  Roll Eyes
You won't lose your balance, but it will have to start over. It already starts over each time a new block is found, so at most you'll lose a few minutes spent on the previous block.

thanks.
that's a relief Cheesy
July 28, 2010, 11:21:37 AM
if the unofficial bitcoin crashes, does it lose any progress it has made and have to restart from the beginning of whatever it was working on?

yes, i'm a bit of a thickie, still not quite sure of the internal workings  Roll Eyes
You won't lose your balance, but it will have to start over. It already starts over each time a new block is found, so at most you'll lose a few minutes spent on the previous block.
July 28, 2010, 10:54:25 AM

July 28, 2010, 10:21:17 AM
the script works fine.
only one problem, when bc crashes, windows puts up a box asking do i want to close the program and search for a solution online, or just close the program.
is there any way of bypassing this? because the script comes to a halt while this box is waiting for input from me.

If you're using Windows 7:

Control Panel
(If your Control Panel is in noob Category mode, go to System and Security)
Action Center
Change Action Center settings
Problem reporting Settings
Never Check for solutions (not recommended)

otherwise, go google it with your OS + "disable error reporting"

had tried that.
damn thing had turned back on again!
see if it stays off this time Smiley

edit:
will try the solution/s in this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-watchdog-run-unstable-builds-unsupervised-580
July 28, 2010, 03:38:34 AM
the script works fine.
only one problem, when bc crashes, windows puts up a box asking do i want to close the program and search for a solution online, or just close the program.
is there any way of bypassing this? because the script comes to a halt while this box is waiting for input from me.

If you're using Windows 7:

Control Panel
(If your Control Panel is in noob Category mode, go to System and Security)
Action Center
Change Action Center settings
Problem reporting Settings
Never Check for solutions (not recommended)

otherwise, go google it with your OS + "disable error reporting"
July 27, 2010, 04:57:13 PM
the bug is some sort of threading issue, I'm trying to figure it out.

new build based on Satoshi's latest SVN commits coming soon.
July 27, 2010, 04:33:37 PM
ran great for me the first 18hrs then crashed, has been crashing since every once in a while. I am using the script posted to keep it up and running. I have not generated any coins either but, the difficulty per block has jump again recently.

the script works fine.

I've never seen that on mine, it blows up silently. I think it's because I have the "error reporting service" disabled so that the box never comes on my servers.
July 27, 2010, 04:19:42 PM
ran great for me the first 18hrs then crashed, has been crashing since every once in a while. I am using the script posted to keep it up and running. I have not generated any coins either but, the difficulty per block has jump again recently.

the script works fine.
July 27, 2010, 03:37:03 PM
yeah, I can handle the automatic recovery, I just wanted to see if my situation was unique at all.

I'm getting over double performance with the intel optimized build.  I'm thinking about getting the source out and seeing what I can do with it as well, if I can ever stop playing WoW.
Activity: 39
July 27, 2010, 02:38:57 PM
Pages:
Jump to: