Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin7.com 'hacked'. Database and wallets 'stolen' - page 3. (Read 22855 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
The information must also be verified/confirmed so that new exchanges do not provide false information to give perception of legitimacy and continue the fuckages taking advantage of gullible peoples.

I do wonder who fact checks everything all these exchanges blurt out other than Gage.
Activity: 574
Merit: 507
Maybe users can use http://bitcoinmarkets.com/exchanges.php as a kind of reference to see which bitcoin exchanges are trustworthy/reliable in which the contact information is available.

HOWEVER....

The information must also be verified/confirmed so that new exchanges do not provide false information to give perception of legitimacy and continue the fuckages taking advantage of gullible peoples.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
It's ok guys. You can trust them. All they need are scans of your ID, utility bill, bank account details and address etc. What harm could that do?

Anyone sending them these docs deserves to be scammed imho. Call it a stupid tax.
I'm also a bit skeptical that this process is designed to fish for information of others in which the submitted images (if any) will be used for identity theft purposes.

Shit is going to be very serious with whatever is going down with this site and wanting that much information from a user.

At the least this might be filtering out those who use their Bitcoin/exchanges for non legal purposes who will outright refuse to give up that much information.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
i had some cents in bitcoin7 and they are displayed right in that image.
Activity: 574
Merit: 507
I don't see how to withdraw my 1 bitcoin.

I also do not see a way to specify USD amount even.

Code:

0.00 USD

Note that 0.00 is plain text and not an input field.

Although, I did not have any usd in my account, only 1 bitcoin.

I'm also a bit skeptical that this process is designed to fish for information of others in which the submitted images (if any) will be used for identity theft purposes.

Again, bitcoin7 have no documented information as to who they are, so they are free to fuck with anyone and everyone as much as they desire.  Bitcoin7 will most likely respond assuring that this is not the case, but that easily can also be part of their effort to continue the fuckages through sense of doubt and willing to take risks, for anyone who is willing to naively consider such options. ^_^
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
About 1..2 weeks before this happened, there was an incident where I sent euros to b7, but b7 claimed they never arrived.

Actually it might be kind of nice if a solution existed where a terse log of anomalies associated with businesses which hold other peoples money could be reported.  Perhaps patterns could be spotted if they emerge and users might have some sort of advanced warning.  I'm thinking of a stone simple form based incident report thing which would take only a moment to input info into, and the results could be searched.

Maybe the bitsyn people could pick up on that one.

Perhaps we could have a sticky thread here in which these things odd things concerning exchanges are reported.  I think a lot of people would be far more likely to check out the last few pages of the thread than would search a database.

It can also be difficult to know whether odd stuff is significant or not.  There's something going on with one of the Australian exchanges at the moment which may or may not be important, and I've been reluctant to post about it because the public records don't give information about "why" and the reasons behind what's going on could be fairly minor (or even if they aren't, the exchange could say they are and there's no real way to verify that information).

A reporter was ready to comment on what you feel like is a problem over at the Australian exchange with he was interrupted by a more pressing concern: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTcSi7c06oc

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
About 1..2 weeks before this happened, there was an incident where I sent euros to b7, but b7 claimed they never arrived.

Actually it might be kind of nice if a solution existed where a terse log of anomalies associated with businesses which hold other peoples money could be reported.  Perhaps patterns could be spotted if they emerge and users might have some sort of advanced warning.  I'm thinking of a stone simple form based incident report thing which would take only a moment to input info into, and the results could be searched.

Perhaps we could have a sticky thread here in which these things odd things concerning exchanges are reported.  I think a lot of people would be far more likely to check out the last few pages of the thread than would search a database.

It can also be difficult to know whether odd stuff is significant or not.  There's something going on with one of the Australian exchanges at the moment which may or may not be important, and I've been reluctant to post about it because the public records don't give information about "why" and the reasons behind what's going on could be fairly minor (or even if they aren't, the exchange could say they are and there's no real way to verify that information).
cjp
Activity: 210
Merit: 124
I would take all emails claiming to be from Bitcoin7 with the biggest grain of salt you can find.

I suppose you have to be careful that whatever instructions they send don't come down to "give us access to the rest of your money". I think it's worth a warning to people to not follow instructions without thinking.

Once somebody receives such an e-mail from B7, can the contents be posted here? Please post it in filtered form (don't include any information which shouldn't be visible to the whole world, such as full URLs with identification numbers in it, or passwords).
I would take all emails claiming to be from Bitcoin7 with the biggest grain of salt you can find.   
cjp
Activity: 210
Merit: 124
As for bitcoin7, I wasn't expecting this. A lot of people were using it so I thought they had appropriate security measures in place.

It's a bad form of reasoning. A lot of people actually don't think that much, so trusting on their judgement should only be a last resort.

Actually, there were already previous mentions of bad programming on this exchange. I largely ignored it because this usually was a quite cheap exchange (low exchange rate). Depending on how much I will get back, I might have lost more because of this than I saved with the low exchange rate.

BTW, a new message appeared on the B7 website:

Dear User,
Please read carefully the following update.

As a result of the compromised user database, we have created a procedure for withdrawing funds which comprises of several verification steps.

Each of our users will receive an email with specific instructions within the next 72 hours.

Thank you for your patience
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
I liked the way CampBX handled their shit from the beginning, and I still think they are the way to go in the long run. They just need some market makers Smiley You can tell their knowledge and effort are above average.

We haven't heard from them for I while... I wonder what they have been up to. I would really like to have SEPA transfers for example.

As for bitcoin7, I wasn't expecting this. A lot of people were using it so I thought they had appropriate security measures in place.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
And BTC/USD went down to 4.60 right away.

Until people (especially exchanges owners) start to take security more seriously, Bitcoin will not take off.

Creating an exchange that doesn't have bank-grade or better level of security is a complete waste of time.

CampBX is a very secure exchange.

I liked the way CampBX handled their shit from the beginning, and I still think they are the way to go in the long run. They just need some market makers Smiley You can tell their knowledge and effort are above average.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

Until people (especially exchanges owners) start to take security more seriously, Bitcoin will not take off.

Creating an exchange that doesn't have bank-grade or better level of security is a complete waste of time.

CampBX is a very secure exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1006
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

Uh?

Wake up, the exchange was a scam...

Oh, seriously ?

Sorry, didn't have time to read the whole topic in detail.

Anyway, scam exchanges are even worse for the currency than badly secured exchanges, so my point stands.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

Uh?

Wake up, the exchange was a scam...
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1006
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Pages:
Jump to: