Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's High Volatility - page 24. (Read 3098 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
February 08, 2018, 08:40:23 AM
  Bitcoin presents a variety of opportunities that did not exist prior to its development.  Yet, it has failed as yet to convert investors concerned about its potential rate of adoption as an alternative currency.  Recent acknowledgement by the IRS that Bitcoin is an asset for tax purposes has clarified the situation for investors, and the promise of frictionless value transfer suggests innovative use cases in foreign direct investment.  In the near term, much of the volatility will be driven by investor perception of the ability of gateways to safeguard individual holdings and provide for a reliable store of value as adoption increases.

Activity: 452
Merit: 101
February 08, 2018, 08:39:33 AM
There is high risk in cruptocurrency investment, people must understand this, the high volatility is part of cryptocurrrncy investment the volatility also provide chance for speculative investors to gain profit in a short term. So the volatility is not always bad.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
February 08, 2018, 08:34:34 AM
As far as i know bitcoin has a high volatility given the fact that it is in demand in the market but i did not expect hat it is so high that it can really go from 1-100 and 100-0.
I want your insights about this volatility of bitcoin.
Bitcoin is known for a high volatility in a sense that the price will depends on the supply and demand. If you will observed the trend of the market you will know that it's not from high to zero value. It's never happened that the price of bitcoin goes to zero. If your strategy is to buy at dip and Hold until the right time, definitely you will be profitable in bitcoin.
Activity: 210
February 08, 2018, 08:11:47 AM
As far as i know bitcoin has a high volatility given the fact that it is in demand in the market but i did not expect hat it is so high that it can really go from 1-100 and 100-0.
Volatility of bitcoin for me is good. It creates opportunity if you just open your mind. A very good example is the recent dip wherein man are panic selling so you have the opportunity to buy low and then hodl because that dip would temporary and we all know that bitcoin will soon go up.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
February 08, 2018, 05:22:16 AM
There's nothing we can do to change bitcoin's volatility. We can't fix it if its high or low because the price of the bitcoin depends on its demand. Based on the law of demand, if the demand is high and the supply is low then the price is high,If the demand is low and the supply is high then the price is low. I also think that its volatility is what making big profits for the investors. If you bought btc in a low price then the price suddenly increase then you'll get big profit out of it,which is actually good that's why i dont disagree if its volatile.
I agree that we can't do anything about the volatility of bitcoin but just to get used to it. Instead of thinking that volatility is not a good thing in bitcoin then look for some good side of volatility because for me, we can easily make profits from that volatility because we can just buy at the bottom or called dip and wait for the bounce back then sell. Easy profit.
Activity: 113
February 08, 2018, 03:44:42 AM
There's nothing we can do to change bitcoin's volatility. We can't fix it if its high or low because the price of the bitcoin depends on its demand. Based on the law of demand, if the demand is high and the supply is low then the price is high,If the demand is low and the supply is high then the price is low. I also think that its volatility is what making big profits for the investors. If you bought btc in a low price then the price suddenly increase then you'll get big profit out of it,which is actually good that's why i dont disagree if its volatile.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
February 08, 2018, 02:56:04 AM
Bitcoin used to be defined as a store of value, HODL (buy and hold long term) investment.

With the introduction of futures markets, the rise of bitcoin cash and altcoin forks and platforms like coinbase engaging in insider trading by profiting off of their knowledge that they would introduce trading for fork coins beforehand... Bitcoin is slowly but surely becoming more an instrument of speculation than a store of long term value.

That fundamental shift is indicated by rising volatility and greater price swings.

Many trading exchanges are offering trades with no commissions. That also contributes towards higher volatility. The lack of a hard capital gains tax, which promotes HODL and cuts down on rampant speculation, also plays a role in volatility being higher than one might expect from say a stock market.

Lol, Bitcoin has never not been a purely speculative instrument. There has been no fundamental shift to this, it started as this, became even more this, and remains this. Bitcoin may go through higher and lower periods of volatility, but it has never had a period of no volatility. It was born in it, and grew to this height specifically because of it. The majority of people buying do so out of insane expectations of getting rich. It's 100% speculative, and always has been.
This is good for investor that it don’t work according to the speculation of people and the volatile nature of bitcoin is really helpful for all of investor it give equal chances to buy at low and sell at high and those who didn’t invested in past now they have moment to buy and give this coin bit of progress and I am sure in the next week bitcoin prices will continue to rise and so pack up for the best time that is coming to bless us.
Well I believe that the volatility of the bitcoin really helps all investors to make a profit I believe that bitcoin is the most amazing coin in crypto field because of its high volatility that really makes it now getting more trend every where in the world.To those who really gain in bitcoin they are really collecting it and sell it during the high price occur bitcoin is really amzing.
Activity: 162
Merit: 2
February 08, 2018, 01:37:32 AM
What highly traded market is not volatile do let me know so I can make a ton of that GAURANTEED money
Activity: 659
February 08, 2018, 01:35:57 AM
Bitcoin used to be defined as a store of value, HODL (buy and hold long term) investment.

With the introduction of futures markets, the rise of bitcoin cash and altcoin forks and platforms like coinbase engaging in insider trading by profiting off of their knowledge that they would introduce trading for fork coins beforehand... Bitcoin is slowly but surely becoming more an instrument of speculation than a store of long term value.

That fundamental shift is indicated by rising volatility and greater price swings.

Many trading exchanges are offering trades with no commissions. That also contributes towards higher volatility. The lack of a hard capital gains tax, which promotes HODL and cuts down on rampant speculation, also plays a role in volatility being higher than one might expect from say a stock market.

Lol, Bitcoin has never not been a purely speculative instrument. There has been no fundamental shift to this, it started as this, became even more this, and remains this. Bitcoin may go through higher and lower periods of volatility, but it has never had a period of no volatility. It was born in it, and grew to this height specifically because of it. The majority of people buying do so out of insane expectations of getting rich. It's 100% speculative, and always has been.
This is good for investor that it don’t work according to the speculation of people and the volatile nature of bitcoin is really helpful for all of investor it give equal chances to buy at low and sell at high and those who didn’t invested in past now they have moment to buy and give this coin bit of progress and I am sure in the next week bitcoin prices will continue to rise and so pack up for the best time that is coming to bless us.
Activity: 490
February 05, 2018, 08:26:45 AM

Bitcoin's high volatility rate has been due to its high adoption rate and high conversion rates; it having a sharp price decrease and also a sharp price increase - within a short period of time.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
February 05, 2018, 08:08:51 AM
When bitcoin mostly used in online shop instead of exchanges then bitcoin will less volatile. This condition actually is normal conditions, as new currency bitcoin is still in the beginning of acceptance.not many people use this currency for buy goods in real life. Most of bitcoin consider it as asset, most of them are trades it everyday, then make the price move so fast.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
February 05, 2018, 08:07:05 AM

It was the situation since bitcoin's commencement of operation so I see it's normal and no need to deeply state about our insights.

More importantly, you should/must know how to deal with bitcoin's ups and downs dramas as it might wrecked your strategy. There are different factors that plays a role in bitcoin's volatility. Well generally, as soon as you get involved in bitcoin world for long time, you will realized that volatility is really not an obstacle for you to get a decent profit out of trading or hodling bitcoin.
Bitcoin's high volatility was never a problem for most of its investors, This frequent movement, and constant changing of value has been treated as a normal phenomenon by bitcoin's investor. They are so aware of it, and knows how to handle the situation to gain decent profit from there. All you have to do is remain calm, do not panic in drastic dips, and expect for a stronger bounce back, to know whether to sell, buy or hold your bitcoin. Timing and awareness is a major factor in this investment.
Activity: 210
February 05, 2018, 07:49:24 AM
There are speculation that this recent dip is manipulated by the big whales trying to cash in on bitcoin. Dump and pumping scheme could be happening.
Activity: 696
Merit: 100
February 05, 2018, 06:56:57 AM
Bitcoin`s high volatility makes many investors and potential investors go away because it is hard to read or predict what bitcoin may become soon.
Activity: 83
Merit: 1
February 05, 2018, 06:50:19 AM
Bitcoin high volatibility is the rate at which the price of a security moves up and down. The price of a stock move up and down rapidly over short time periods it has high volatility.If the price never change it means it has low volatility.
Activity: 89
February 04, 2018, 04:05:40 PM
at first it was funny this volatility, but the market has grown, and we are still at the same stage, it's scary
Activity: 126
February 04, 2018, 04:00:08 PM
Bitcoin's high volatility is something to be expected already. As an another form of currency, it is expected to have its value shifting from time to time. It may be a given that bitcoin's volatility is way too unpredictable, but with proper observation and enough patience, you will have abundance in bitcoin...
Activity: 154
February 04, 2018, 02:18:32 PM
Bitcoin's high volatility cannot be separated from bitcoin as a Cryptocurrency. It is a notable fact over the years that bitcoin from its existence is highly Volatile, and this volatility have not in any way affect the profit or gain of many who  have testify of been a millionaire, as the period of it's volatility is for a brief period of time.It will be expected that all holders of bitcoin  manage the up and down price value of bitcoin, by handling the situation as a period of investing, holding on and not panicking to sell their  bitcoins.It is a period of investing for long term for significant profit growth after the period of  bitcoin volatility.
Activity: 103
February 04, 2018, 01:22:56 PM
The volatility is almost directly proportional to the chance of generating income. That is also why the less risky type of investment (e.g. real estate) take a lot longer to generate income compared to bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
February 04, 2018, 01:14:48 PM

This claim can be challenged

I'm not an early adopter by any means, but neither are you (just guessing, I don't really know). The Bitcoin annals assert that a couple of years after Bitcoin had been born, it was used in the dark web as a genuine means of payment. It is only since 2011 that crypto started to attract investors and speculators along with the emergence of first exchanges like Btc-e and Mt. Gox. Though I don't really know how much volatility Bitcoin experienced back in the day, before the exchanges era
Pages:
Jump to: