Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's High Volatility - page 30. (Read 3098 times)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
January 19, 2018, 07:58:41 PM
Its the most volatile investment in the world that you could end up zero if you don't study it very well. But the positive side is it can make you you rich within the short period of time.
Activity: 476
Merit: 254
January 19, 2018, 07:56:43 PM
As far as i know bitcoin has a high volatility given the fact that it is in demand in the market but i did not expect hat it is so high that it can really go from 1-100 and 100-0.
I want your insights about this volatility of bitcoin.

The volatility is high accepted but not this high but unfortunately or fortunately there is nothing that we can do about it no matter how much we want otherwise. What we only have to do is to see how we can turn it into opportunities as no whinning will change the situation of things at this time.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039
January 19, 2018, 07:54:23 PM
As far as i know bitcoin has a high volatility given the fact that it is in demand in the market but i did not expect hat it is so high that it can really go from 1-100 and 100-0.

It's not really an all or nothing type of volatility, but surely, it makes sense if people are nervous when they put their money in. This is why people are often told to only put in money that they are willing to lose.

Volatility comes from a lot of things. It can be manipulation by whales and large investor groups, or it can even be a snowball started by a large withdrawal out of bitcoin. In order to go up, bitcoin requires strong support from the community, so when people are putting their money in, the prices rise. It's very simple business at its core.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
January 19, 2018, 07:45:02 PM

It was the situation since bitcoin's commencement of operation so I see it's normal and no need to deeply state about our insights.

More importantly, you should/must know how to deal with bitcoin's ups and downs dramas as it might wrecked your strategy. There are different factors that plays a role in bitcoin's volatility. Well generally, as soon as you get involved in bitcoin world for long time, you will realized that volatility is really not an obstacle for you to get a decent profit out of trading or hodling bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
January 19, 2018, 07:27:07 PM
Bitcoin used to be defined as a store of value, HODL (buy and hold long term) investment.

With the introduction of futures markets, the rise of bitcoin cash and altcoin forks and platforms like coinbase engaging in insider trading by profiting off of their knowledge that they would introduce trading for fork coins beforehand... Bitcoin is slowly but surely becoming more an instrument of speculation than a store of long term value.

That fundamental shift is indicated by rising volatility and greater price swings.

Many trading exchanges are offering trades with no commissions. That also contributes towards higher volatility. The lack of a hard capital gains tax, which promotes HODL and cuts down on rampant speculation, also plays a role in volatility being higher than one might expect from say a stock market.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 10:37:44 AM
Pages:
Jump to: