Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's High Volatility - page 5. (Read 3103 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 07, 2018, 08:41:57 PM
Just speculation, of course...but, I think we'll see a gradual rise over this next year as institutions create new investment options for their customers that otherwise wouldn't invest in bitcoin on their own. I still don't really understand the reasons behind the rapid rise at the end of last year, but I don't expect that to happen again for some time due to all the negative press/media. If there's some event that coincides with good press/media, maybe we get a rise like that again. Some think that will happen around the havening in 2020.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
Acewins.io
October 07, 2018, 08:27:24 PM
Yeah, you are right but the fact is that, the whales will never let this kind of volatility cause harm to them. They just sit back and watch what we the little ones do and laugh because the little BTC and other coins we have cannot really dump or pump the market  unless they come in or decide to do their own pump. This is what makes me believe bitcoin will have higher price again because the top ranked hodlers are still holding their coins.
Activity: 602
October 07, 2018, 06:42:32 PM
The volatility of bitcoin is embedded in it usage. Bitcoin has come to change the traditional monetary system. This has caused both government and financial regulators to focus on it in order to sustain the traditional system which is beneficial to the backers.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
October 07, 2018, 06:25:59 PM
Almost all cryptocurrencies have a high volatility, not only Bitcoin. But we can notice easily the volatility of BTC because its trading volume is also the highest among cryptocurrencies. This volatility isn't always a bad sign, because it is also motivating the newcomers to start buying BTC with the hope that the price will increase in the future.
Activity: 311
October 07, 2018, 06:18:09 PM
bitcoin does have a high volatility in the market, and bitcoin continues to show how it is to all of us with increasing volumes of bitcoin trading every year
Activity: 284
Merit: 5
October 07, 2018, 03:43:25 PM
Well, currently it seems the volatility has died out a little. We're kinda seeing some stability in Bitcoin prices.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
October 07, 2018, 01:15:26 PM
Bitcoin used to be defined as a store of value, HODL (buy and hold long term) investment.

With the introduction of futures markets, the rise of bitcoin cash and altcoin forks and platforms like coinbase engaging in insider trading by profiting off of their knowledge that they would introduce trading for fork coins beforehand... Bitcoin is slowly but surely becoming more an instrument of speculation than a store of long term value.

That fundamental shift is indicated by rising volatility and greater price swings.

Many trading exchanges are offering trades with no commissions. That also contributes towards higher volatility. The lack of a hard capital gains tax, which promotes HODL and cuts down on rampant speculation, also plays a role in volatility being higher than one might expect from say a stock market.

I think many are doing this buy-and-hold strategy because, in a way, it eases and neutralizes the volatility aspect since time would be a controlling factor before one can actually cash in their investments, which in turn, would help make its volatile nature mitigated. Since you don't have to deal with it always because you're in waiting of the best possible increase for whatever coin you're holding. Some people get very affected by the rise and fall of the market because they see it all the time. But, for someone who is holding, they only patiently wait until the coin gains traction and gets a big increase before they dispose for profit.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
October 07, 2018, 12:12:29 PM
What I know is that the volatility of Bitcoin prices is held entirely by the market players, meaning that the rise and fall of bitcoin prices is due to the behavior of the people on the bitcoin market, those who make prices rise and they also determine the prices down. that is to my knowledge about the volatility of Bitcoin prices.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
October 07, 2018, 11:03:46 AM
Volatility - and relative risk - is a characteristic characteristic of all cryptocurrencies.
In the last period, in fact, volatility seems to have diminished; unfortunately, however, it has leveled down. Sad
Perhaps it is the quiet that precedes the storm: either it explodes again, or it finally collapses. We'll see.
Activity: 351
Merit: 11
October 07, 2018, 07:35:30 AM
Bitcoin is for a long term investment. If you do the HODL, it is less risky. But for those who buys and sells their coin such as trading, they will face more risk. I don't exactly know what causes bitcoin to change its value from time to time. Sometimes it rises, sometimes it falls. It is really unpredictable. If you want to invest bitcoin, you need to risk your time too.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
October 07, 2018, 06:51:40 AM
bitcoin have a very high volatility. it is correct. and it is not only bitcoin but all crypto currencies have high volatility. that is why small investors can make huge profits investing in this market. that is why crypto market is a very good opportunity for us.
Exactly, Bitcoin is a highly volatile currency and no other crypto had ever encountered such a great volatility. But from the past few weeks, the price is quite stagnant around 6500$ eventually making this highly volatile currency quite stable for now. However, the volatility is the key property of this currency as I believe the huge profits from this crypto are linked all because of it and only this enables the investors to earn widely from it...
Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
October 07, 2018, 04:38:56 AM
In fact, after the collapse - or, better, the correction - in January, the bitcoin has fluctuated between $ 8,000 and $ 6,000, and has been stagnating at 6,200 / 6,500 in the last month.
It is clear that if it were a "normal" currency they would still be very strong displacements, but in the crypto world it appears almost as stable.
Activity: 282
Merit: 4
dApps Development Automation Platform
October 07, 2018, 04:35:53 AM
I am agree. However, it should be borne in mind that this is not only super-profits but also super risks. And it scares many players. The market is absolutely not predictable.
Activity: 616
Merit: 124
October 07, 2018, 04:25:54 AM
bitcoin have a very high volatility. it is correct. and it is not only bitcoin but all crypto currencies have high volatility. that is why small investors can make huge profits investing in this market. that is why crypto market is a very good opportunity for us.
Activity: 322
October 07, 2018, 02:42:05 AM
For the last two months, it has lost its volatile nature, but due to its structure, more fluctuations will be experienced. If you are entering this market, you are trading because you prefer to take risks. Otherwise, it is not possible to provide so many returns.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
October 07, 2018, 02:34:26 AM
As far as i know bitcoin has a high volatility given the fact that it is in demand in the market but i did not expect hat it is so high that it can really go from 1-100 and 100-0.
I want your insights about this volatility of bitcoin.
Bitcoin will never stabilize because this is the most commonly used by thousands of people around the world whose country aware on its existence.The growth of bitcoin in the market depends on its holders and users when they will decide to sell their coins and thats the concept of cryptocurrency even from the start.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
October 06, 2018, 10:47:41 PM
As far as i know bitcoin has a high volatility given the fact that it is in demand in the market but i did not expect hat it is so high that it can really go from 1-100 and 100-0.
Bitcoin price will not down as zero, volatility is always happen so its normal in the crypto market.

Volatility is not something that just "always" happen on the crypto market since Bitcoin is already and will be the most volatile crypto currency in the history. With a lot of investors and people using it, there is no way it will become stable for a long time.

It will not go to zero, that is obvious. As I've said, Bitcoin has a lot of people and investors and Bitcoin's price is dependent on the them since the more the transactions are, the higher the demand of Bitcoin and the higher it's price is. The proof of volatility of Bitcoin is it's price chart. If you will be looking at the price chart, there is no straight line that you can see, all you can see is mountain ridges all over the place.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
October 06, 2018, 10:39:41 PM
High volatility is necessary in order to earn more profit and it will benefit the daily traders in the market since they can always monitor the entire exchangers.

It is exactly the volatility that lets us earn the money. The wisest traders earn a lot on it. That is why they live for these ups and downs of the cryptocurrencies.

True. It depends on which side you are. If you are a trader, its an advantage to watch  this movement. If you are familiar already with the price fluctuations,  you can earn even on  bearish times as day trader. For me its normal, and let us be hopeful that it will recover soon.
Activity: 156
October 06, 2018, 09:02:20 PM
Bitcoin price will not down as zero, volatility is always happen so its normal in the crypto market.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
September 28, 2018, 07:48:30 PM
Bitcoins high volatility, really makes the sudden downfall of price value of a certain altcoins, or it also make the price value of a certain altcoin rose high in the coin market index, so high volatility of bitcoin and otber altcoins really effect the value of the market

yeah right and this is normal, maybe I think this is also the reason why bitcoin keeps getting more popular now as it makes investors more interested to it.
Pages:
Jump to: