Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's next steps? - page 2. (Read 1070 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
February 23, 2016, 12:40:14 AM
i think it doesn't matter how many newbies we bring into bitcoin, although i always introduce bitcoin to my friends and colleagues.

the thing that is important is the big companies and services start accepting bitcoin so that there is a real life application for bitcoin. so whenever i say bitcoin is a currency and they ask where can i spend it, i have a proper response!
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
February 23, 2016, 12:29:06 AM
I guess the next steps are for the bitcoiners to continue putting their efforts (big or little) to find ways to use/promote bitcoin whenever possible...

Listen to my tip at the end of the podcast linked above. I think it's about 5 minutes before the end, or maybe 10 minutes before the end. I give a "tip" -- it's basically how I got over 30 newbies into bitcoin in less than a month.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
February 23, 2016, 12:25:05 AM
I guess the next steps are for the bitcoiners to continue putting their efforts (big or little) to find ways to use/promote bitcoin whenever possible...
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
February 23, 2016, 12:12:59 AM
Somebody with a bitcoin app or hardware should go on shark tank.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
February 23, 2016, 12:06:57 AM
We should try to avoid emphasis on gambling, speculation, faucets and illegal activities.

Work out a way to decentralise mining.

Speed up transactions by removing the 10 minute block creation barrier.

Why avoiding faucets? Then again, I guess a lot of those coins could likely end up getting burned.

I don't think we should avoid them, I believe they are a valuable tool to be used in the learning process. I used moon bitcoin to play with transactions in my wallet. However, they are very minimal value transactions, and it would be handy if they could be moved into a side chain, but then they wouldn't help with main chain wallet testing. Smiley I guess I am saying that they should be used as a learning tool, and not as an income source. A lot of threads in this forum push faucets for income so that the poster can get ref. bonuses.
February 22, 2016, 11:58:14 PM
We should try to avoid emphasis on gambling, speculation, faucets and illegal activities.

Why avoiding faucets? Then again, I guess a lot of those coins could likely end up getting burned.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
February 22, 2016, 11:56:19 PM

February 22, 2016, 11:50:10 PM
What does the Bitcoin community need to do next? What needs to be focused on for a larger adoption base? What do you all think?

Here I talk about what I believe Bitcoin needs to focus on: better liquidity, easier access, and developer integrations...

http://youmeandbtc.com/bitcoin-podcast/bitcoins-next-steps-and-john-stuart-ymb-podcast-e112/
Pages:
Jump to: