Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's price is so volatile right now! Why should I even hold? - page 25. (Read 57643 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 10
Every currency is volatile. Just check the last 10 years EUR/USD chart and look how many times it lost 50% of the value and gained again.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
I want to hold in this touch time rather than selling now and buying back. It may be kind of my support to bitcoin ecosystem. Moreover I believe prices may bounce back at any time that may make some people to miss their good buying levels. I do not want to face such problems. Keep holding gives me peace of mind, honestly.
I can understand what you are trying to convey ,but as a investor everyone has their own opinions and options,so i would rather sell off my assets if i cant see a clear future,let it be in stocks ,commodity or crypto currency,i will always like to play by the rules,because you never know how low the price might go,i am happy if the price bounces back as i will be purchasing my coin if the price could get back on track,until then i am happy keeping it in dollars. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
Many are asking whether it is time to sell or it will be worth to hold because of the news about splitting and segwit. What I think is, if we are going to be emotional about what is happening it might affect our thinking. Instead of thinking wisely, we might end up making decisions that are not necessary.
Yes, it is the time to think wisely than giving room to our emotions to control ourselves. But I am holding my bitcoins tightly without hesitating about selling off with this falling down market situations. I am keeping my faith with bitcoins still high as I am hoping segwit will be implemented in a manner from that no one will be disturbed and bitcoin prices will bounce back after that.

I want to hold in this touch time rather than selling now and buying back. It may be kind of my support to bitcoin ecosystem. Moreover I believe prices may bounce back at any time that may make some people to miss their good buying levels. I do not want to face such problems. Keep holding gives me peace of mind, honestly.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
Well every market i think the price is really volatile, but when you see it in a long term period you will see if dumping or pumping, markets are usually designed for long term purposes and i believe holding on it will surely make you a winner in the future.

If you have been in this industry for a long time, experiencing pumping and dumping in the market values will look normal for you. Volatility is the main characteristic of the crypto currencies and if you are not aware of this, the dump happening in the bitcoin price today might be stressing you out already. The dump and pump in the price is like watching a movie. There are scenes which are tearful and there are scenes that are joyful that can get you carried away with it and get you emotional.

Many are asking whether it is time to sell or it will be worth to hold because of the news about splitting and segwit. What I think is, if we are going to be emotional about what is happening it might affect our thinking. Instead of thinking wisely, we might end up making decisions that are not necessary.

Activity: 798
Merit: 268
Well every market i think the price is really volatile, but when you see it in a long term period you will see if dumping or pumping, markets are usually designed for long term purposes and i believe holding on it will surely make you a winner in the future.
Activity: 378
Merit: 278
Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair
Just a check-in update of current month volatility levels per bitvol website:

Latest 30-Day Estimate
3.19%

Latest 60-Day Estimate
4.39%

...Not that high of a 30-day volatility figure...
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
it depend to your faith with bitcoin, your instinct and also your need, for me, i believe bitcoin will hit highest price and i can press my need

I believe also that btc value will really pump again, id been see it's value before and i see that it really works.
Bitcoin increased its price more than before now and some people are still hopping for the increasement in its prices. If I take it for me I will still hold my bitcoins no matter if the price is volatilizing or not because I read about bitcoin value of future and that will increase more and more and it think its more normal if we use the price in the market that is always changes every day and we don’t known that the time will remain up or will become down but wif I have more money I will buy more bitcoins and will save it for future in my wallet. I would rather wait for high price again.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
If you're not comfortable with Bitcoins volatility, don't hold it. Same is true for stocks, funds, etc. It's all just a matter of your personal risk aversion and your risk / reward assessment of the given asset.

I respect your opinion and thoughts but friend a lot of people in my skype group are asking the same question. Why are people not dumping their BTC when it's a all time high ?

But a lot of people have been dumping their BTC at the all time high! They dumped at 11, 60, 270, 1300 and at every step along the way to almost 3000...
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
I think there is still a possibility that bitcoin prices will increase again by the end of year, and holding bitcoin is a good long-term investment, even though the current bitcoin price is not stable but it isnt an obstacle to keep investing with bitcoin.
I respect your opinion and thoughts but friend a lot of people in my skype group are asking the same question. Why are people not dumping their BTC when it's a all time high ?

Actually they are not totally wrong either. Anything you purchase, specially assets, you have a faith in it and you believe you will sell them to a all time high. I wonder if people selling now would regret or be laughing at the holders ?
I myself feel like BTC won't drop too much if it even drops since BTC is now known to every single country and cities and the adoption is big now.
Activity: 182
Merit: 106
Personally I'm one of those people that hold a certain ideal about bitcoin that doesn't and isn't going to go along with the #HODL crowd or whatever they call themselves these days. I feel as if you depend on the money that you have in Bitcoin, I'd go ahead and convert it into USD. No harm, no foul with that being done. Worst case you miss out on some profits, but if you're going to be depending on that money and need ease of access wouldn't you rather BE SAFE THAN SORRY

It is easier said than done

Most people become emotionally attached to their investments, and it's hard for them to drop these investments when they (are about to) become toxic. It is even more so (though somewhat paradoxically) when investments are bringing losses instead of profits. Even if you are trading "just for fun", you can't avoid being addicted to the investments that you are trading since you think that you come to know them and start to feel "at home" with them, so to speak

I've seen people who won't even convert 1% of their bitcoin or altcoin into cash because they are afraid of missing out when it goes up. And its way worse when someone has invested their entire life savings into it, they are literally putting their entire life into those coins.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
Personally I'm one of those people that hold a certain ideal about bitcoin that doesn't and isn't going to go along with the #HODL crowd or whatever they call themselves these days. I feel as if you depend on the money that you have in Bitcoin, I'd go ahead and convert it into USD. No harm, no foul with that being done. Worst case you miss out on some profits, but if you're going to be depending on that money and need ease of access wouldn't you rather BE SAFE THAN SORRY

Most people become emotionally attached to their investments, and it's hard for them to drop these investments when they (are about to) become toxic. It is even more so (though somewhat paradoxically) when investments are bringing losses instead of profits. Even if you are trading "just for fun", you can't avoid being addicted to the investments that you are trading since you think that you come to know them and start to feel "at home" with them, so to speak
Very well said, there are really people who got too serious on their investment which they do defend it whenever its gaining or losing and i see quite numbers here on this community.Actually it really depends on peoples view since we are different on anyway then we do have different insights too which means we cant do anything if someone do take it seriously or not.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
One of the main features of bitcoin is its volatility for which it is famous.Traders mainly gain profits due to the volatile nature of bitcoin.Bitcoin price was $750 in december 2016 and now within six months,its price has reached $2550.We could not expect such a huge return from any other asset.We could expect bitcoin price to reach $3500 by this year end.So its always wise to hold bitcoins instead of selling it.
I agree with you. It is not only by selling your bitcoin that you can earn profit, you can also hold your bitcoin and saved the selling when the price in the market is higher. It is not bad to hold bitcoin for a long time, patience have proved that there will be a right time for bitcoin and for its users to enjoy what they have earned. It was tested and proven.

Anyway, you can still earn bitcoin while saving it. There are available signature campaigns and altcoins which anyone could join.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
If the investment is not your specialty it makes no sense to persuade you to hold bitcoin. Someday you will regret that you sold your bitcoins, but you will not regret what have you gained by selling them. Even if you sell your bitcoins, they develop the market. Someone buys them. Just profit from them will go to another pocket. You decide.
To avoid regretting about something then it is good to just think twice,thrice or depending on your needs to be clarified. If you will look for long term then it is good because you will realize that bitcoin is good for long term and the development as of now will become a very huge help in the future and for sure the price of bitcoin will become even more higher so it is good to just hold.
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
If the investment is not your specialty it makes no sense to persuade you to hold bitcoin. Someday you will regret that you sold your bitcoins, but you will not regret what have you gained by selling them. Even if you sell your bitcoins, they develop the market. Someone buys them. Just profit from them will go to another pocket. You decide.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
One of the main features of bitcoin is its volatility for which it is famous.Traders mainly gain profits due to the volatile nature of bitcoin.Bitcoin price was $750 in december 2016 and now within six months,its price has reached $2550.We could not expect such a huge return from any other asset.We could expect bitcoin price to reach $3500 by this year end.So its always wise to hold bitcoins instead of selling it.

Without much price volatility, we can't expect to have a good returns out of holding bitcoin. In return, the volatility is the key for our earnings to become decent. On the other hand, possiblity of losing have a chance too. It's up to ourselves now how we able to make more winnings that losing out of the so much prie

This the challange here: play with the price volatility to earn more or suffer lose if you don't enhanced your strategy dealing with this kind of feature. There's no easy road to profit when it come to cryptocurrency trades or simply jusy by holding.
Activity: 672
No one is surely forcing you to purchase bitcoin even if you buy 2 btc the market is going to moon or if you sell it isn't going to crash , but the point here is the profit (according to you which is 3% which is totally a lie) which you get overall in a year is way more than the current available options in the world
Activity: 952
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Personally I'm one of those people that hold a certain ideal about bitcoin that doesn't and isn't going to go along with the #HODL crowd or whatever they call themselves these days. I feel as if you depend on the money that you have in Bitcoin, I'd go ahead and convert it into USD. No harm, no foul with that being done. Worst case you miss out on some profits, but if you're going to be depending on that money and need ease of access wouldn't you rather BE SAFE THAN SORRY.

But if this money is just some sort of experiment and you don't care if you lose it then fine, leave it here and see what happens. Worst case you lose money you thought you were going to lose anyway.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
I think there is still a possibility that bitcoin prices will increase again by the end of year, and holding bitcoin is a good long-term investment, even though the current bitcoin price is not stable but it isnt an obstacle to keep investing with bitcoin.
What are you talking about? It's pretty obvious mate, look at the trend, it will increase this year and even if we end up at this current price it's still a success but I would not limit my imagination and I believe it will achieve another all time high. Seeing $5,000 before the end of the year is an awesome success, I would definitely gonna sell some of my coins and start my own business with the profit I will earn.
Pages:
Jump to: