Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's problem is the low rate of new coins - page 2. (Read 4285 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Now they are thinking what to do with me
Life cycle of a Bitcoiner:
Hear about Bitcoin. Look into it, decide not to get in. Too risky.
Several months pass.
Hear about Bitcoin again, see how much the price has risen.
Buy a few coins, so as to not be left out.
Bitch about "early adopters" and how they "have all the coins."
"Early adopters" tell you to quit whining.
Post new thread about "fatal flaw" in Bitcoin.
Get told that "fatal flaw" is feature, not bug, get pointed to 9000 other threads where same "flaw" is discussed.
Tell friends about Bitcoin. They decide not to get in. Too risky.
Several months pass.
New users flood in, and start posting threads bitching about "early adopters" and how they "have all the coins."
Tell new users to quit whining about "early adopters".
Realize that you are now an "early adopter."

Excellently put.
Activity: 682
Merit: 500

It wouldn't matter then. Bitcoin would be as worthless as fiat! Lips sealed

No. If those new 3600 coin were sold at $1000, it would only accomodate $1.2 billion a year. That is not enough for bitcoin to get out of the sandbox.

$1000 is not the current price. If btc is t to succeed, the value must be much higher. How do you think that value will rise if everyone has 50,000btc as soon as they open the program? You must do something for your btc and early adopters have done their share.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
In Gord We Trust
 Roll Eyes This thread...
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
don't stuck only to BTC. there are more coins out there and more to come, enough for every member of the galaxy.
enjoy this technological ride Grin

Indeed!!

Hey, I just made alexeft-coin! Want to buy some?  Grin
Activity: 540
COINDER
Lots of hoarded coins will get in when they (hoarders) feel they get the right price .. Let say to buy stuff with coins or turn some in to fiat to spend on morgages and cars they never could afford, now is just not the time to buy everything u need with btc YET..

Longterm there will flow enough into the economie more then enough...!! Just no yet..!  Wink
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
don't stuck only to BTC. there are more coins out there and more to come, enough for every member of the galaxy.

A good point Wink
Activity: 607
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
No. If those new 3600 coin were sold at $1000, it would only accomodate $1.2 billion a year. That is not enough for bitcoin to get out of the sandbox.

You have no idea what you're talking about. We're already a bigger economy than Nicaragua.
Activity: 728

So what are you suggesting? Dump all the bitcoins and adopt some "other" coin just because. No matter what there will be early adopters, those who scoff at it and then are angry later.

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
3600 a day not fast enough for you?

No that is not fast enough.
What about 3600000?
Or maybe 3600000000?
How about 360000000000?

What about 3600000?
Or maybe 3600000000?
How about 360000000000?

This is what is needed:
I do not intend to 'bitch' about early adapters and stuff like that. I have no problems with people making lots of money, especially not those who made bitcoin possible. I think more about the possibility for bitcoin to actually get massive adaptation. I believe the 'real' succesful coin will be one that has a fast growth during a few years while the world is accommodating it.

I do not intend to 'bitch' about early adapters and stuff like that. I have no problems with people making lots of money, especially not those who made bitcoin possible. I think more about the possibility for bitcoin to actually get massive adaptation. I believe the 'real' succesful coin will be one that has a fast growth during a few years while the world is accommodating it.

Activity: 886
Merit: 1013
The Bitcoin community of active miners is larger than the staff of Google, yet their stock is valued over $600. That hardly seems fair that we have to pay so much for something issued by so few people.

Are you kidding, are you so blind that you don't see how much value Google provides? Everyday, I pay nothing to do ~20 searches a day, get best email service in the world, get best calendar in the world, and get a couple minutes of entertainment from YouTube.

Maybe I should correct myself, I am sure even blind people get a lot of value out of google.

For what price??

Nothing is free my friend, google uses your personal details. I think they possess the most valuable lump of information and you can be sure that they get money for it. Think for a second, would you run these services if it wouldn't worth it financially? ;-) the devil is in the details.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
The Bitcoin community of active miners is larger than the staff of Google, yet their stock is valued over $600. That hardly seems fair that we have to pay so much for something issued by so few people.

Are you kidding, are you so blind that you don't see how much value Google provides? Everyday, I pay nothing to do ~20 searches a day, get best email service in the world, get best calendar in the world, and get a couple minutes of entertainment from YouTube.

Maybe I should correct myself, I am sure even blind people get a lot of value out of google.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
In other words, a small number of people is in charge of the money supply.

It sounds like you'd better get mining.
Activity: 475
Merit: 255
Even if one bitcoin per day were produced it would be enough. We would simply be using amounts like BTC0.000024. It is not a dollar bill.
With the current transaction fees or with lower fees? :-]

Btw. : Lifecycle of the bitcoiner - This should be archived for future generations newbies. :-]
Pages:
Jump to: