Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Account price estimator - page 7. (Read 164803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308
Get your game girl
October 24, 2017, 03:29:54 PM
I just tried this and I've got to say this is a pretty interesting tool. I'm not interested in selling my account whatsoever but it's pretty cool to see what the value would be if I were to sell it (which I'm not). Big ups to you archow! Great stuff.
*Achow

Also the account value estimated by the tool is inaccurate.It has been repeatedly told many times.Accounts on the forum are usually sold at much lower/higher rates and it's subjective.Bitcoin prices strictly affect these numbers.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
October 24, 2017, 12:33:02 PM
I just tried this and I've got to say this is a pretty interesting tool. I'm not interested in selling my account whatsoever but it's pretty cool to see what the value would be if I were to sell it (which I'm not). Big ups to you archow! Great stuff.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
October 24, 2017, 11:41:14 AM
Wow people saying a Hero account can go for 1 BTC, how long does it take to become one? And is it worth selling kowing you could use signatures to get a steady stream of income. Or has the income reduced as there are more and more offers of less than valuable altcoins?
A hero account really isn't worth 1 BTC, how did you get that number? Do you have a source?
I can't imagine that this price estimator would give you an estimate of 1 BTC for a hero account.

Plus it isn't really worth selling your account anyway, you earn more by just participating in a signature campaign in the long run and you're basically also enabling scammers.

Check prices for accounts here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=93.0

Btw, my own legendary account is 'only' valued at 0.20664000 BTC by this tool.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
October 24, 2017, 11:26:59 AM
Wow people saying a Hero account can go for 1 BTC, how long does it take to become one? And is it worth selling kowing you could use signatures to get a steady stream of income. Or has the income reduced as there are more and more offers of less than valuable altcoins?
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
October 24, 2017, 10:56:31 AM
currently this account was worth 0.02, unbelievable. i think OP should change how the calculating work based on bitcoin price nowadays
It's open source software. Pull requests welcome.
Activity: 107
Merit: 12
October 24, 2017, 07:52:48 AM
I have a feeling that the estimations are way too high compared to the actual market price. I think the developers should at least update the formula/code at least once every, say fortnight. Otherwise it's not even an estimation instead it's just misleading information.

It's an estimator and your account is only worth what people are willing to pay for it which changes per person. I think the website is more valuable for telling you how much activity and potential you have as well as showing staked addresses.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 24, 2017, 05:21:16 AM
I have a feeling that the estimations are way too high compared to the actual market price. I think the developers should at least update the formula/code at least once every, say fortnight. Otherwise it's not even an estimation instead it's just misleading information.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
October 24, 2017, 05:08:31 AM
currently this account was worth 0.02, unbelievable. i think OP should change how the calculating work based on bitcoin price nowadays
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
October 23, 2017, 12:33:32 PM
Should be fixed now
Activity: 24
October 23, 2017, 08:58:43 AM
The site can't be reached right now. Anyway once you have that fixed what information is stored? Is an IP address stored for example?
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
October 23, 2017, 06:10:13 AM
The website dont work, i got this : Request Queuing failed. Please try again.  , please do you another website who check potential activity ?
I get the same error, no matter which account I try to check. I don't think there is another similar website. I will send PM to achow101, author of the website.
Activity: 42
October 23, 2017, 04:17:08 AM
The website dont work, i got this : Request Queuing failed. Please try again.  , please do you another website who check potential activity ?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
October 14, 2017, 07:32:20 PM
Does it legal to buy account here?

It is not illegal.
It is kind of permitted by the actual rules but you risk to get a negative trust if the account was proved to be bought or if you try to sell an account.
Well it is not the case all the time!
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Inite
October 14, 2017, 07:04:30 PM
Does it legal to buy account here?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
October 14, 2017, 03:29:07 AM
Why is the website showing different values on these?

Activity: 29 (Newbie)

my accounts status as of now is:

Activity:   28 (not including this post)
The application doesn't work real time man.The website would show accurate values if you calculate it after the post.

and lastly how are you computing this?
Potential Activity: 112 (Potential Member) is it based on the registration date and the 14 days formula or any special computations used?

All those questions are answered 100's of times in the Meta Section,please don't forget to read the stickies.Also there code is right there if you can understand how the algo works.
Activity: 220
October 14, 2017, 03:15:10 AM
Why is the website showing different values on these?

Activity: 29 (Newbie)

my accounts status as of now is:

Activity:   28 (not including this post)

and lastly how are you computing this?
Potential Activity: 112 (Potential Member) is it based on the registration date and the 14 days formula or any special computations used?
Activity: 10
October 11, 2017, 05:33:11 AM
Update #5: To avoid people from using the post quality quantifier here as proof that they have good post quality (because they usually don't and the quantifier is not accurate), I have removed it from the display and changed the character count to be higher.

Update #4: Website now has https and will force all users to use https. http will automatically be redirected to https.

Update #3: Website has new tokening system and fixed queuing system
There is a new update to the project!!

I have released a new version on Github and also live on the website. This new version has improvements to the queue system so it doesn't fail as it used to.

There is now a tokening system for the queue. When you submit a lookup request you will receive a token. You can then leave the page and browse as you wish. You can return later and enter the token to see your results. The only caveat is that results are kept for only 24 hours after the request was submitted.

Update #2: Website is up at http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/
My website is up and usable at http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/

The site is very simple, just enter the User ID and it will do everything for you. There is a queuing system in place to prevent the server from being IP banned by Bitcointalk. The site will let you know where you are in the queue and will automatically retrieve all of the information when it is your turn.

There are a few notable differences between the website version and the version on github:
  • Ads - The website has ads to help me support the site. I did not include the code for the ads in the github
  • IP wait times - The website will require you to wait 5 minutes before it will let you submit another request. This is to prevent DoS attacks on the site. The Github contains the code for this, but it is commented out.
  • Account bot password - In order for the website to work, an account is required to view the trust of members. The Github has a placeholder password THAT DOES NOT WORK while the website has the correct password.
If you have issue with any of the above, please let me know and see if we can fix the problem.

If you find any bugs in the website, please contact me here or using the issue tracker on Github.

Update #1: The code is now available to browse, fork, and download at https://github.com/achow101/BitcointalkAccountPricer

Hello All,

Today I am announcing a project that I have been working on recently. This project is a price estimator for Bitcointalk Forum Accounts. The algorithm for determining prices is based on recent prices of accounts here.
The algorithm is as follow:
Code:
0.0002[btc]/activity
0.0001[btc]/epa (extra potential activity)

epa = potential activity - activity

bp (base price) = 0.0002 * activity + 0.0001 * epa

final price = bp * pqm * tm

pqm (post quality multiplier) determined by ratio of good posts (>100 characters excluding quoted text) to bad posts (<100 characters excluding quotes) (whitespace is trimmed)
excellent post quality (90%) = 1.025 (+2.5%)
good (80%) = 1.0125 (+1.25%)
fair (70%) = 1.00 (+0%)
poor (50%) = -1.05 (-5%)
very poor (<50%) = -1.1 (-10%)

tm (trust multiplier)
positive light green trust = 1.10 (+10%)
positive dark green trust = 1.20 (+20%)
neutral trust = 1.00 (+0%)
negative trust = -0.15 (-85%)

The code will be written in Java because I know Java the best. It will be open source and published on Github, but not yet as it is not completely finished. There will also be a website that has the java applet on the webpage for anyone to calculate the price of any Bitcointalk Account.

Please let me know what you guys think of this and if I should change the algorithm in any way.

Disclaimer: This project is not definitive nor an entirely accurate representation of an account's sell price. While I strive to be as accurate and close to current market prices as possible, actual prices may vary.

If this has been helpful to you or you would like to support this project, please donate to 16mT7jrpkjnJBD7a3TM2awyxHub58H6r6Z.

Edit: Algo adjustments

it is some difficult to saying. i had tried several times access this web site but it can't opens. so may be next i have to try another time.the page are taking more time to load.
Activity: 260
Merit: 102
October 10, 2017, 03:55:44 PM
I tried using your website to check my price, and it says Invalid token. Then, I put your username in it and again it says Invalid token. Are we not supposed to input bitcointalk usernames?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/daserpent-24576

That is your profile page, the 24576 is your profile ID.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 582
October 10, 2017, 01:39:37 AM
I tried using your website to check my price, and it says Invalid token. Then, I put your username in it and again it says Invalid token. Are we not supposed to input bitcointalk usernames?
No bitcointalk usernames are not allowed there,
Try this number it will work for sure - 24576 is your userId here on bitcointalk.org
Activity: 140
October 10, 2017, 01:29:01 AM
Pages:
Jump to: