Pages:
Author

Topic: 🏆 Bitcointalk Community Awards [Results of the Year + Quiz] - page 4. (Read 4768 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!
Great quiz - 10/20 for me  Smiley
Yep , question 3 or 4 has the wrong question to the relevant answers - the question occurs later on with the correct relevant answers.
GOOD WORK THOUGH - love these quizzes  Smiley
copper member
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1325
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
It's great to finally see the results! And the surprise quiz was really something; too bad I sucked at it...
Code:
Your Score: 9 / 20

PS: I pm'd you on discrd what I believe are a couple or errors in the quiz
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Detailed statistics for each of the 20 questions, (This post will be duplicated under the OP).

• The name of the first account created on November 17, 2009?

The first account made was a demo account named "admin" on November 17, 2009. "Admin" made 7 posts which are not visible (though not deleted).

• When did Satoshi post the first message in this forum?

Satoshi Nakamoto created the bitcointalk forum and posted the first message in November 22, 2009 under the pseudonym "satoshi".

• Who founded the forum?

Sirius founded the forum and still owns the domain name. Cøbra and Theymos are the people who have been running the domain for a long time, although at the moment Cøbra is no longer affiliated with Bitcointalk.org

• Who offered 10,000 bitcoins for pizza?

The first bitcoin transaction took place at the forum, when software programmer Laszlo Hanyecz offered 10,000 bitcoins to purchase pizza, three days later a deal could be arranged to purchase two pizzas.

• On 6 August 2010, a major vulnerability in the bitcoin protocol was spotted, which let users create an indefinite number of bitcoins. How many bitcoins were generated?

On 15 August, the vulnerability was exploited; over 184 billion bitcoins were generated in a transaction, and sent to two addresses on the network. Within hours, the transaction was spotted and erased from the transaction log after the bug was fixed and the network forked to an updated version of the bitcoin protocol. This was the only major security flaw found and exploited in bitcoin's history

• Name the currency whose symbol (฿) was adopted as the official symbol for Bitcoin?

On February 5, 2010, user "NewLibertyStandard" first proposed to accept the Thai Baht currency symbol, ฿, as the official symbol for Bitcoin and BTC.

• What is Theymos profile number (UID)?

Theymos UID, 35  Grin

• Who posted the most posts on Bitcointalk?

Across Bruno's 3 main accounts, Phinnaeus Gage, Gleb Gamow, and YuTü.Co.in, he has amassed a total of 44,776 posts and started 1,628 topics, making him far and away the most prolific poster on the forum.

• User MrFreeRoMan made an ascent to the top of Elbrus where he placed a memorial flag. Whose name was on the flag?

Climbing Elbrus and planting a commemorative flag were dedicated to Zepher.

• Which user was invited to the CIA headquarters to give a presentation on Bitcoin?

Gavin Visiting CIA "I want to get this out in the open because it is the kind of thing that will generate conspiracy theories:  I'm going to give a presentation about Bitcoin at CIA headquarters in June at an emerging technologies conference for the US intelligence community"

• Which ICO/project was officially supported by the forum administration?

HoweyCoins, as this ICO is officially supported by the US government  Grin

• Do you remember April Fool's Day 2018?

On April Fools' Day 2018, Theymos posted "New new rank requirements".

April Fools' Day 2021 idea from DdmrDdmr "Open a Bitcointalk offspring forum using Epochtalk, and state that, due to technical unsurpassable incompatibilities, account migration is not possible and people must rush there to create their account there, before someone takes their profile name. Alas, all accounts will start from scratch as Newbies., but first earlybirds will be granted a special rank (Nitwit Member)."

• When did Theymos promise to publish Satoshi's PMs and IP address?

In 2013, Theymos announced that he intends to publish Satoshi's PMs and IP addresses in ~ 8 years. But in 2018/19, he abandoned this idea, citing the fact that these data would be of great historical interest only decades later.

• How many rules are there in unofficial rules?

In the unofficial list there are 33 rules, not counting additions

• What language was the first local section created in?

July 28, 2010, First local language board was created. In Russian.

• First ALTcoin?

April 18, 2011, [ANN]Namecoin - a distributed naming system based on Bitcoin (First ALT)

• Who directed the first signature campaign?

June 12, 2011, First signature campaign by NghtRppr

• Which forum using Epochtalk is still online?

Correct answer coinbistro.com. You can get the last Epochtalk changes on the Official Bitcointalk Discord Server : https://discord.gg/PEkAkb

• How was Quickseller exposed? (Was caught Escrowing for himself).

Tspacepilot exposed QS using Statistical Methods for Natural Language Processing skills

• Who Received the First Bitcoin Transaction?

Finney downloaded the bitcoin software the day it was released, and received 10 bitcoins from Nakamoto in the world's first bitcoin transaction on 12 January 2009

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Summing up the Community Awards 2020, I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who took part in the voting, as well as everyone who supported this initiative. Well-deserved congratulations to all winners and nominees representing a wide variety of areas and thanks to all those who continue to make Bitcointalk better.

Below is information about the results of the Bitcointalk Community Awards 2020 [Voting], do not be surprised if you find your name, it just means that you are part of the circle of people who form the core of the forum. We have also prepared a thematic Quiz related to the history of Bitcointalk and Bitcoin.

Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org