Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk forum mobile app - page 4. (Read 1591 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
June 09, 2021, 04:51:55 AM
It would work but I don't think that a lot of users will be using it or going to support it since you can access the forum in mobile through web browsers that you can easily download or provided by the phone. Maybe we can try to do it and see what's going to happen.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
June 08, 2021, 01:57:09 PM
A Bitcointalk forum mobile application should be created, what do you think?
Yes, I'm in support of this. It will give the forum a new form of publicity too and help tush things up. It's not as if it's a big deal to do. It will also get new features that can make the site more appealing. Medium is on the web and also has an app. Reddit has its own app too. Twitter has it. All those mentioned are also social media sites like BTT. It's about time we moved BTT to catch up with the rest. Once there's an app for BTT on the playstore, it will create more awareness for us and Bitcoin/crypto too.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 167
June 08, 2021, 09:08:11 AM
Not only the advantages provided, the disadvantages also exist in the use of  apps,
I prefer and are comfortable with the current one because the use is unlimited and needs to be remembered; shortcomings that we might find when using a app,mainly mobile app one of which is the range as different applications are required for different platforms such as iPhone or Android, costs, approvals and upgrades. And this is something that has to be faced isn't it now running easily for its members and admins/moderators have managed to make us comfortable and work hard in it for that.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
June 08, 2021, 07:16:07 AM
Its not good to add another head ache to administrator by giving them such huge workloads just to create a app and actually there's no use to create something like that since we can actually use  this forum on our browsers also I prefer  to have this since as other member says its easy to zoom in and out for using browser. And we  might encounter a problem if we push to have that so maybe its best for forum to remain at this since its more user friendly.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3548
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
June 07, 2021, 05:55:53 PM
You need to make this forum respostive with the mobile interface and not necessarily create an application.
Many people complain that they zoom in and out of the screen several times, so they do not get a good experience when they browse from the phone.
mobile apps need trust and too many things that current forum cant apply for it
Activity: 2590
Merit: 650
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
June 07, 2021, 03:29:44 PM
If i could remember correctly about 3 threads have been created this year about the creation of the forum mobile app which I personally don't see any reason we need something that was said to have been created before but output no different experience since the forum is already mobile-friendly.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 6415
Farewell, Leo
June 07, 2021, 12:34:02 PM
I disapprove it.

This forum's development is probably abandoned, at least for the SMF version. A bitcointalk mobile application could not be built easily and be user-friendly at the same time. It'd require lot of work and I doubt that Admins would pay for such improvement. But, besides that, there isn't point for an app; using the forum from your browser does work fine.

They're already working on improving the forum software.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
June 07, 2021, 12:30:18 PM
I'm strongly against the idea mainly because an app version of the forum can also mean fake versions of it being spread around for mobile users. When I say fake versions it essentially means phishing apps that are designed to imitate the real app potentially fooling a lot of users who will find it online, this could just result into a lot of users losing their accounts because of an app creation. Maybe the best alternative we can have is to develop the new site into a more mobile friendly website which can satisfy mobile users.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
June 07, 2021, 04:18:27 AM

No. Not at all. Any third party application for the forum has the potential to steal private information or get accused for stealing private information. This forum and its users are pretty sensitive on this.
Sorry to disappoint you, but the forum should either have a mobile friendly layout in the browser, either nothing else than what we have now.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
June 06, 2021, 10:11:03 AM
There is a Bitcointalk app before I can't remember who created it but there is no difference between accessing this forum with a normal browser and the app.

The forum doesn't need an app because the forum can access through the phone without any issue. The design is very responsive so you can use any phone to access this forum without a problem and there is no difference in accessing it through PC and mobile phone.

The good thing in this forum all resources are in all kb, unlike other forums that eat so much data compared on this forum so there is no problem even you access it through any phone browser.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
June 06, 2021, 03:33:23 AM
If you meant by either you or someone other than the team behind the "New forum software [Epochtalk]", then my answer is "NO".
- AFAICR, the new software is going to have some sort of support for mobile devices; In other words, there's no point in creating a standalone app.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
June 06, 2021, 01:22:59 AM
I don't think the mobile app should be created. Personally, bitcointalk does not need an enhancement(additional features) as big as like Reddit, that they needed their own native mobile app. If you are not comfortable with how Bitcointalk looks like on the phone, you could try an addon that the community created to make it mobile-friendly. And if you still uncomfortable running a browser add on, you can browse the forum using wap2 mode.
Activity: 132
Merit: 4
June 05, 2021, 06:41:21 PM
Pages:
Jump to: