Pages:
Author

Topic: BitcoinTalk++ script - v0.2.96 - page 39. (Read 114219 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 12, 2013, 03:52:25 PM
BTCaverage: 95.59 €
Lol whut? It should be a €

Sounds like Unicode is being improperly ansified somewhere.
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 12, 2013, 03:48:05 PM
BTCaverage: 95.59 €
Lol whut? It should be a €
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
September 12, 2013, 03:47:37 PM

I like the Perlmonks voting system a lot. Users get a limited amounts of votes per day and get experience points (XP) when spending those votes and when others upvote their posts. People massively downvoting is punished with a loss of XP.
    That looks good to me!     

Do you use this script to make all your posts red? If not, how? Do you just put the tags in manually? (Sorry for the offtopic-ness)
  Yes I do.   [/font][/color]
legendary
Activity: 858
September 12, 2013, 03:05:06 PM
I just downloaded the new version @ the library. All set! Please work on the settings being server now that you have something to host it on. It is annoying to change it every time I use a different computer.
legendary
Activity: 858
September 12, 2013, 03:01:30 PM
I like the Perlmonks voting system a lot. Users get a limited amounts of votes per day and get experience points (XP) when spending those votes and when others upvote their posts. People massively downvoting is punished with a loss of XP.
    That looks good to me!     

Do you use this script to make all your posts red? If not, how? Do you just put the tags in manually? (Sorry for the offtopic-ness)
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 12, 2013, 02:39:34 PM
BTW, look at this link: http://imgur.com/QXSxMg2
It gives the filename and the name of the uploader. (both could be manually modified though)
Should I change that?
I already put an "anonymous image upload" setting but I'm not sure whether I should put it on Yes or No by default.
I do not really care, but it might be smart to set the standard option to No. Just to avoid tinfoil people ;p
Yeah seems better. We never know.
I guess you meant Yes though? Grin
Yeah. I don't really care. I mean it's just my forum name + the name of a picture. Who cares about that?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
September 12, 2013, 02:33:36 PM
It gives the filename and the name of the uploader. (both could be manually modified though)
Should I change that?
I already put an "anonymous image upload" setting but I'm not sure whether I should put it on Yes or No by default.
I do not really care, but it might be smart to set the standard option to No. Just to avoid tinfoil people ;p
Yeah seems better. We never know.
I guess you meant Yes though? Grin
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 12, 2013, 02:28:56 PM
Should I change that?
legendary
September 12, 2013, 02:21:07 PM
Auto hide would be pretty bad imho. It might just be another opinion. Coloring would be nice.
It would be opt-in and configurable

There once was a rating system on this forum for a short while. The problem was that people who got -1 got pissed and randomly -1ed everybody....  Maybe with only a few members it will work but with everybody only +1 makes sense imho unless your system makes  votes from -1ed people not count or something. probably -1 would still create a bad climate.
People can't -1 everybody here. The lists of votes are public so if someone doing this is spotted we can talk about that here and I can ban him. This is not a democracy.

I don't think it would fit here. The BT++ voting system is not a trust system and I think your link describes something that is more useful about trust.
I don't mind people -1ing all the scammers/beggers/spammers/etc even if they don't +1 the "positive" users.

does not work for me Sad
I always get "website not available" after I uploaded and inserted an IMG. strange
What happens? OS? Browser? BT++ version?
Where is "website not available" written? In the Upload button?

Testing Upload Image.

Works Grin
Good to hear that

Should I change that?
legendary
Activity: 1764
September 12, 2013, 02:13:35 PM
I always get "website not available" after I uploaded and inserted an IMG. strange
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 12, 2013, 01:57:34 PM
Testing Upload Image.

Works Grin

This sounds good!
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
September 12, 2013, 01:48:08 PM
    That looks good to me!     
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
September 12, 2013, 01:39:38 PM
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
September 12, 2013, 01:35:43 PM
I personally like the -1 ability. I also think that rating topics would be awesome, even with a small user-base using the script, that would make valuable topics much easier to identify.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
September 12, 2013, 01:32:15 PM
From what I understand the +1s are per user? Or per post?  Per post would also be int.

IMHO it is better to only have +1 and not -1. A system with -1 failed a while ago because people were so pissed about the -1. So I think it is wise to only use +1
Yes per user.
We are not enough (~25) to have meaningful scores per post. It will be interesting to implement that later though. With something like auto-hide if a post is below -5 or -10.

Why do you say -1 failed? What are you referring to?
Auto hide would be pretty bad imho. It might just be another opinion. Coloring would be nice.

There once was a rating system on this forum for a short while. The problem was that people who got -1 got pissed and randomly -1ed everybody....  Maybe with only a few members it will work but with everybody only +1 makes sense imho unless your system makes  votes from -1ed people not count or something. probably -1 would still create a bad climate.

copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 12, 2013, 05:31:58 AM
From what I understand the +1s are per user? Or per post?  Per post would also be interesting.

IMHO it is better to only have +1 and not -1. A system with -1 failed a while ago because people were so pissed about the -1. So I think it is wise to only use +1
Only +1 would make this Facebook and I truly hate that rating system. Not being able to "not like" a person is stupid if you ask me. People cannot rig ratings, because they cannot vote right away. Jackjack has to send them their password.

I prefer to vote for a user and not a post he/she made. It might be useful later on, but for now, I disagree on the idea.
legendary
September 12, 2013, 05:27:39 AM
From what I understand the +1s are per user? Or per post?  Per post would also be interesting.

Yes per user.
We are not enough (~25) to have meaningful scores per post. It will be interesting to implement that later though. With something like auto-hide if a post is below -5 or -10.

Why do you say -1 failed? What are you referring to?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
September 12, 2013, 05:06:23 AM
From what I understand the +1s are per user? Or per post?  Per post would also be interesting.

legendary
September 12, 2013, 04:56:42 AM
image upload. fuck yeah!
Did you try it?
Pages:
Jump to: