Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointa.lk, the Bitcointalk community with a 2014 forum software - page 4. (Read 20729 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
No, there is no "free" version of XenForo.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
Looks like Bitcointa.lk is running on XenForo. Is there any free version available of this forum software like phpBB ?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Just replace "bitcointalk.org" with "bitcointa.lk" in the url, press enter and you will get your url converted.
You can do the opposite by adding "org/" to bitcointa.lk and you will be redirected back to bitcointalk.org Smiley
Alrighty!, didn't try that before.
Thanks
legendary
Just replace "bitcointalk.org" with "bitcointa.lk" in the url, press enter and you will get your url converted.
You can do the opposite by adding "org/" to bitcointa.lk and you will be redirected back to bitcointalk.org Smiley
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
is it maybe possible to make a link converter.
for example:

-insert https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7025439 in link converter on bitcointa.lk
-get referred to the new forum link on bitcointa.lk
Activity: 240
Merit: 101
Awesome! Very quick updates.  Cool

Tables are also working (both ways, tables on Bitcointalk.org are now synched and not ignored):

The only unfortunate detail is that the mod uses TH as a table header field and SMF does not, so we can't take advantage of that.

[th]Header1[/th][th]Header2[/th]
Row1dummydata
Row2weeeeeeeeee
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #Tp66u8KWxCD5nN5y
legendary
You should add features that aren't available in the current forum (thanks button, tipping etc)
The "thanks" button is already there (default for xenforo), the tipping function is not there though. I've tried to contact the changetip guys, if they have time to lose for a small market maybe we will get our tipping function Smiley
legendary
Tables are also working (both ways, tables on Bitcointalk.org are now synched and not ignored):

The only unfortunate detail is that the mod uses TH as a table header field and SMF does not, so we can't take advantage of that.

Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #x0pbbb2XUqrq1kQP
legendary
Feature request: a link to the original thread/post on this site, when it exists.
Done. It's now possible to switch back to Bitcointalk.org adding "org/" just after bitcointa.lk on the url, or by clicking the ".org Version" button in the footer of some pages (every thread, forum, user page and the home).

(more features and bug fixes coming soon, hopefully)
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
Yes, XenForo doesn't support tables by default, however there are some mods for it. I will implement it in a few days, along with almost everything what was proposed here (that I delayed for a lack of time) ;)
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #pReyOXq5lS0vHjct

Awesome! More people need to use Bitcointa.lk
We need more profile pictures! (:
legendary
Yes, XenForo doesn't support tables by default, however there are some mods for it. I will implement it in a few days, along with almost everything what was proposed here (that I delayed for a lack of time) Wink
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #pReyOXq5lS0vHjct
Activity: 240
Merit: 101
Posted this in Meta, but was advised to post this here. Thanks in advance for any help!

The following BB code...

Code:
[table]
[tr][td]Header1[/td][td]Header2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Row1[/td][td]dummydata[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Row2[/td][td]weeeeeeeeee[/td][/tr]
[/table]

...produces this when viewed in Bitcointalk.org:

However, it looks like this when viewed in Bitcointa.lk:

I see that the [ table ] tags are not listed under BB codes help in bitcointa.lk:
https://bitcointa.lk/help/bb-codes

So does bitcointa.lk offer a way to create tables? Am I missing something obvious?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #bjqOBvgjd6imNIrV
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
You should add features that aren't available in the current forum (thanks button, tipping etc)

Definitely, even if it's just something simple that functions like the Reddit tip bot.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #CpTGY2TG10ecMfBJ
legendary
Activity: 1022
Soon as you attract too much attention, Theymos will disconnect you some how. He's had the resources and plenty of of years to upgrade the bitcointalk.org site to a premier site with awesome, custom software.

I doubt it. Theymos & crew have wanted to get rid of this forum altogether for ages. Though at the same time, if this forum wasn't here BC talk would have a lot less traffic lol
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
legendary
It's not a lag, it's a problem, unfortunately. I'm looking into it right now. There is a backlog of around 4500 posts.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Is there a lag? I posted something on the main site and still waiting for it to show up here, 10-15 minutes has gone by.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Soon as you attract too much attention, Theymos will disconnect you some how. He's had the resources and plenty of of years to upgrade the bitcointalk.org site to a premier site with awesome, custom software.
legendary
I'm sorry, but that's global setting. It would have sense to have it, I agree. There is probably a mod for that. I've a list of things to do on Bitcointa.lk that I've delayed for a while, however I'm gonna catch up.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Is there any way to increase the number of posts per page? I'd like to be able to set it to 100 posts per page so I can just scroll instead of having to find the 'next page' button which is very annoying.

Btw, you should change the forum name to Bitcointalk 2.0 Wink
Pages:
Jump to: