Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk.org collectible coin? - page 8. (Read 4674 times)

Activity: 365
Merit: 29
February 17, 2019, 06:22:53 PM

......there was already a bitcointalk.org collectible coin

anyone have more info on this? duckduckgo isnt helping.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace
February 17, 2019, 06:06:54 PM
Great idea Cheesy

I would prefer a coin with hologram, precious metal and limited Cheesy

Whatever the design or specs, i'd like to see this happen please
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
February 17, 2019, 06:03:47 PM
great idea !

just make a commemorative coin, not loaded with any BTC and give a serialnumber , 1oz 0.999 Silver

have it designed by some dedicated forum members like Bitcoinpenny or Mjbmonetarymetals.

make a contest where all members can vote for their favorite design and give away a coin random to like 5 to 10 member who voted. Rest of the series, don't how how to give them away, maybe auction or let forum members vote for respected member who deserve a coin, let mods pick members who get a coin??
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
February 17, 2019, 05:46:06 PM
What makes them superior from other users of this forum? Posting quality? Oh man, what has posting quality to do with collectibles?
Posting quality means in one way, you contributed to the forum, and besides, it was a sarcastic remark. 

That's certainly a very bad idea. It would become a hectic work for the coin maker or probably the coin will never come out actually! It should be of similar patterns with numbering from 1-1000/2000 and giving them out on the basis of account age of the user. For instance if the user registered on 2010 they would be receiving the first set of coins and later on.
Not really. If these are going to be rare coins, might as well make it count!

Just so you know, almost 95%(Ddmr Ddmr/LoyceV, you can correct me of course with the right stats) of users registered in 2010 aren't active, and they *left* the forum.

My say is that the coins should go to those who deserve the most, for the years of contributing some people have done here, the least they could get is a collectible.  Lips sealed

So basically only Chipmixer campaigners get it?  Roll Eyes
Lol, I don't know about that but I would certainly like to know what those criteria would be--and I'd absolutely love to own such a neat thing.  I don't even care if the coin was made out of precious metal or loaded with btc or anything else.  It's a great idea, IMO, and I fully support it.
UM ME TOOO!!!!

It'd be cool , if we all chipmixer participants have a collectible coin of our own too, to remind us of how much we have tortured the scammers, nae the faint-hearted.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140
February 17, 2019, 05:14:45 PM
I think that’s a great idea theymos.   Maybe have a contest and pick the best design?    

Perhaps it could have the anniversary days and display the bitcoin price then vs now?
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1752
February 17, 2019, 05:12:34 PM
I’m never saying no to a good looking crypto- related collectable.
Great idea, as long as you make sure all of us collectors are able to get one Cheesy
Perhaps you can get casascius to make one last round of coins, similar to his superbowl coin.
As the first one who created physical crypto coins, that would definitely be a great thing!

Cheers,

If somehow this would be a possibility that would be epic.  Dont think mike has an interest anymore he completed his mission but that would make one hell of a release day.  Popcorn would be ready

If mike was willing to design and mint 1000 of these anniversary coins, similar to how he did the st. pete bowl coins, that would be the bees knees!
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
February 17, 2019, 04:56:09 PM
Great idea, as long as you make sure all of us collectors are able to get one Cheesy
Perhaps you can get casascius to make one last round of coins, similar to his superbowl coin.
As the first one who created physical crypto coins, that would definitely be a great thing!

Cheers,

If somehow this would be a possibility that would be epic.  Dont think mike has an interest anymore he completed his mission but that would make one hell of a release day.  Popcorn would be ready
Activity: 703
Merit: 1006
February 17, 2019, 04:54:53 PM
How about something like this?

Its a crude design but the idea is to show the earth rotating around the sun (in the middle, raised).
Activity: 1568
Merit: 544
February 17, 2019, 04:44:39 PM
I like the idea of a bitcointalk forum coin to celebrate the moment. DIY would be preferred do ; )
As there will be more interested people then coins produced a blockchian raffle maybe ?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1643
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
February 17, 2019, 04:24:40 PM
For bitcointalk.org's 10th anniversary later this year, I was thinking that it might be cool to produce a limited run of 50-300 coins and give them out (maybe all-expenses-paid or maybe at cost) to users who meet some to-be-determined criteria. I'm not a collector, though, so I'm not knowledgeable about this stuff.

- Does this sound like a good idea?
 - What features would make the coin especially interesting?
 - What's the best way to get a coin like this made?

Talk to krogothmanhattan. He makes physical coin giveaways often. Like here >https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/daily-free-raffle-209th-just-because-i-am-still-in-a-good-mood-free-bitcoin-5110106

I am sure he can help set you up with the manufacturer of the coins.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 4093
February 17, 2019, 04:21:39 PM
I would love something like this theymos as I am sure many others would also. I would prefer something with the weight and feel of a eagle or maple leaf so I can use it at the card table for a marker. A limited numbered run would be preferable and add to its collectible nature imho.

Wall approved.
Activity: 496
Merit: 256
February 17, 2019, 04:13:05 PM
Yes, good idea

I want one Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345
diamond-handed zealot
February 17, 2019, 04:04:32 PM
.999 Ag
copper member
Activity: 1848
Merit: 254
February 17, 2019, 03:59:11 PM

Cheers,
Activity: 784
Merit: 814
February 17, 2019, 03:53:47 PM
Will it be a souvenir or a real coin accepted for payment? This is an important point.
p.s. most likely the correct definition would be the “table medal”.
p.s.s. If you strive to make an expensive medal, you can make a case of bog oak or other wood without resin.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
February 17, 2019, 03:52:35 PM
Yes It does sound like a good idea and I would gladly buy one.

No, not a good idea, as there was already a bitcointalk.org collectible coin

But this one will be a 10th anniversary coin so it will be different than the older one.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
February 17, 2019, 03:47:55 PM
So basically only Chipmixer campaigners get it?  Roll Eyes
Lol, I don't know about that but I would certainly like to know what those criteria would be--and I'd absolutely love to own such a neat thing.  I don't even care if the coin was made out of precious metal or loaded with btc or anything else.  It's a great idea, IMO, and I fully support it.
February 17, 2019, 03:35:35 PM
another option. make a memorable set of three or five coins, with various memorable events of the forum.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
February 17, 2019, 03:34:41 PM
50-300 coins and give them out (maybe all-expenses-paid or maybe at cost) to users who meet some to-be-determined criteria

Preferably a .999 silver coin. It would be cool if it came with a 1 BTC denomination (unloaded ofcourse).

I guess that there would be a demand for 2 versions - one possibly silver, at a cost and one cheaper to manufacture (brass? maybe even plastic?) for the users that meet certain criteria and just want a souvenir.

February 17, 2019, 03:06:04 PM
I have been trading at several numismatic sites for about 10 years. Sometimes there is a high demand for popular, commemorative coins, limited editions, even modern ones. I think the criteria are high-quality silver, high quality embossing, good design (possibly BTC logo), a complex and beautiful "edge" (edge ​​of a coin). A size of 25 mm, about an inch, will suffice. Numismatists begin to use payments at BTC, it is already gaining prominence among them. If they understand the significance of the forum, this will be a good factor. But with the circulation of 300 pcs., To the coin collectors, these coins may not reach)). In the future it may be a good investment. It is necessary to store without loss of quality, without minor damage and sunlight, in order to preserve the "stamp shine".
Pages:
Jump to: