Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoinwallet.com Announce - page 2. (Read 4113 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
April 03, 2014, 04:12:47 PM
@BitCoinDream Yes, the details of the bitcoinwallet.com domain name purchase were announced by the seller and it generated unexpected attention for us. 

We are believers in bitcoin as a technology and we put our names and our money behind our conviction.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
April 03, 2014, 03:57:15 PM
My name is Price Givens and I'm a founder of bitcoinwallet.com.  I'd like to present bitcoinwallet.com to the community with these features:

1. Replacing traditional public addresses with a simple user name.  My bitcoin address (along with my alt coin addresses) is price.bitcoinwallet.com.

2. A simple JSON API that allows developers of third party apps to systematically discover the public addresses (for all coins) of any user based on their user name.  https://price.bitcoinwallet.com/api

3. Deposit bitcoin to your bitcoinwallet.com account with the following benefits:

a. Proof of solvency.  We show the total customer liability and the inclusion of your personal balance via the gmaxwell proposal and the olalande open source implementation.  Corporate hot wallet and cold storage public keys are shown with their balance regularly updated from the blockchain.

b. Instantly transfer coins, as little as 1 satoshi, from your bitcoinwallet.com account to any other bitcoinwallet.com account with no transaction fees and no blockchain confirmation delays.

c. View analytics for visitors and payments to your page. This allows you to track payments and conversion rates and helps you fine tune your own endeavors.

d. User friendly interface of your transactions with other bitcoinwallet.com users.

We're looking for some early adopters to use our system and give us feedback.  Check out our FAQ or send me a private message with questions and concerns.

So you bought BitcoinWallet.com @ 250,000 USD ?

Source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinwalletcom-sold-for-250000-450778

April 03, 2014, 02:27:19 PM
You're right and that's a big question Rosplinpl!  RGBKey we are currently developing private key assignment to users as well as escrow and multisig.  These are my thoughts at a high level.

How you're safe from us: We have the highest level of proof of solvency available.  We use the Gregory Maxwell method of showing the total verifiable amount of user funds.  Any logged in user sees a leaf icon on their dashboard that shows their individual balance included in the hierarchical tree.  Independent auditors are great, we make every one of our users an independent auditor of our funds.

Further, we show the public addresses of our cold storage wallets so you can see the money exists on the blockchain.  You can see them here.  https://bitcoinwallet.com/resource.php

How we're safe from theft: We mandate all users to have 2FA and user data is encrypted.  Our cold storage is actually cold storage.  There is no automatic replenishment of the hot wallet.  We don't disclose our security at an infrastructure level but we know the pursuit of perfect security in the background never ends.

I encourage you to visit our site to see what we're doing, not because we claim to have solved every difficult problem, but because we're trying to make bitcoin more accessible to the mainstream.

Price
price.bitcoinwallet.com
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
April 03, 2014, 02:12:24 PM
Yes indeed this is shy I asked about safety for users ... Smiley

I don't want to be harh at the first post, but using any other wallets than suggested by bitcoin.org or by community is rather dangerous.
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
April 03, 2014, 02:06:22 PM
Warning to anybody considering using this, if you don't control the private keys, you don't own the bitcoins. This reminds me too much of inputs.io
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
April 03, 2014, 01:53:03 PM
Thanks!
It need some time to get users trust in it but seems interesting ... as an another wallet option...

How you can make your new users feel safe?
April 03, 2014, 01:28:20 PM
My name is Price Givens and I'm a founder of bitcoinwallet.com.  I'd like to present bitcoinwallet.com to the community with these features:

1. Replacing traditional public addresses with a simple user name.  My bitcoin address (along with my alt coin addresses) is price.bitcoinwallet.com.

2. A simple JSON API that allows developers of third party apps to systematically discover the public addresses (for all coins) of any user based on their user name.  https://price.bitcoinwallet.com/api

3. Deposit bitcoin to your bitcoinwallet.com account with the following benefits:

a. Proof of solvency.  We show the total customer liability and the inclusion of your personal balance via the gmaxwell proposal and the olalande open source implementation.  Corporate hot wallet and cold storage public keys are shown with their balance regularly updated from the blockchain.

b. Instantly transfer coins, as little as 1 satoshi, from your bitcoinwallet.com account to any other bitcoinwallet.com account with no transaction fees and no blockchain confirmation delays.

c. View analytics for visitors and payments to your page. This allows you to track payments and conversion rates and helps you fine tune your own endeavors.

d. User friendly interface of your transactions with other bitcoinwallet.com users.

We're looking for some early adopters to use our system and give us feedback.  Check out our FAQ or send me a private message with questions and concerns.
Pages:
Jump to: