Pages:
Author

Topic: BitCrack - A tool for brute-forcing private keys - page 25. (Read 74618 times)

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Ethereum will probobly move to POS in 3 months. Millions of GPU's can be obsolete overnight...
I propose a Bitcrack + Ethereum classic dualmininer. Mine ethereum classic and crack bitcoin in the background without reduction in
ethash speed.

The dying ethereum network has 12.9091Petahash.

Or equivalent to around 650 000 000 gtx 1060 6gb.

They hash 100million keys per second each with the bitcrack sp-mod
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
I may be wrong, but I have a feeling it is already in place. The difference between RIPEMD160 and final address is that address is base58 encoded (+checksum +flag). And you are right, encoding candidate just to compare it with expected address makes no sense if you may compare pure RIPEMD160 values of both.

I would still generate both types of address if they have been cracked by the program.

It would suck for someone to find a key after so many months only for them to not know how to derive the correct type themselves. Script rules let you interchange private keys for those addys (because they are one and the same) but I don't think it would be obvious that you had an uncompressed addr instead of the compressed one you were using all along, because tx history is not shared between them.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367
Is any version of Bitcrack available that searches for repidme 120 instead of addresses? maybe it will increase the speed

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling it is already in place. The difference between RIPEMD160 and final address is that address is base58 encoded (+checksum +flag). And you are right, encoding candidate just to compare it with expected address makes no sense if you may compare pure RIPEMD160 values of both.
Activity: 260
Merit: 19
the right steps towerds the goal
Is any version of Bitcrack available that searches for repidme 120 instead of addresses? maybe it will increase the speed
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
Sure you need  58^10  combinations, which is quite a lot. There is no other way that I see.
So you need a fast algorithm.
I could probably write something in Javascript or Python but they will not be fast enough I fear.

Is there no way to read one of the 10 missing characters even slightly ?
sometimes you can try to see where the paper is slightly pressed by the pen?
What kind of reward did you have in mind ?

You're a bit late. We managed to get something running for him a few days ago here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.58891921
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I have a question. Recently there was a flood and a notebook containing a offline wallet was damage and it destroyed part of a WIF private key, so now I basically have:

Kw**********(I have the next 40 characters, just not posting for obvious reasons), so I am missing 10 characters in all.

I also have the public key. Is it possible to use this software to start a search at Kw... and iterate over the missing 10 characters with the known 40 characters also in the key.

For example : 1GuqEWwH5iRZ89oo5xw26FqmyZFMWZrtPi - is the public address

and for the WIF private key I'd have Kw**********JzXaqU2rcFSoaLaehAQHqoQX1cWCo92tAA3ihLJ7

Any advice is appreciated and examples are even more appreciated Smiley

Thank you,
S.

It's a good thing that you have end of WIF format data where the checksum is. You have to first Base58 decode the string (with corrupted part, or you can replace the corrupted part with zeros). Since you are doing it only once you can use this online tool:
https://www.browserling.com/tools/base58-decode

Once you have decoded number you can use the checksum to quickly check the possible missing values, if the checksum does not match you do not need the other calculations to get public key and check against it.
This is enormous speed-up, this is doable even on CPU, no need for GPU.

I doubt that you have some ready made tool for this second step, have to do some work yourself to code checking the missing values against the checksum. Good luck!

Edit:
Just tried it with some test values, you have to do Base58 Decode for all possible versions of missing values, not only once, string before corrupted characters stays the same but Base58 Encode changes all values after the corrupted place.

However, this is still much, much faster then generating Public key, doable on CPU for sure.

I believe I tried this with CPU and it was going to take a crazy amount of years to go through all combos. So perhaps I am doing something wrong. I am willing to pay a bounty for any help and code examples provided.

Thanks,
S.

Sure you need  58^10  combinations, which is quite a lot. There is no other way that I see.
So you need a fast algorithm.
I could probably write something in Javascript or Python but they will not be fast enough I fear.

Is there no way to read one of the 10 missing characters even slightly ?
sometimes you can try to see where the paper is slightly pressed by the pen?
What kind of reward did you have in mind ?

Activity: 38
Merit: 1
I am very grateful to you for your answer.
Activity: 107
Merit: 61
Hello everybody. The question arose.
How to determine between the two public keys which is bigger? In addition to the subtraction function.
Example.
123456789 private key is not known to us.
His public key.
025004d7d9c2a3b2d675ada618d9ceda55d1f6a9fdf263e24daa8cbea586af2b2b

And accordingly his rival.
12345678a private key is not known to us
His public key.
02fde2347f83e21198fc48b918f5657c188ffcdd8611b39b987230addb91d05d80

Thanks for the answer.

There is no way to do this. If it were possible, the ecc would be completely broken.
Activity: 78
Merit: 133
I have a question. Recently there was a flood and a notebook containing a offline wallet was damage and it destroyed part of a WIF private key, so now I basically have:

Kw**********(I have the next 40 characters, just not posting for obvious reasons), so I am missing 10 characters in all.

I also have the public key. Is it possible to use this software to start a search at Kw... and iterate over the missing 10 characters with the known 40 characters also in the key.

and for the WIF private key I'd have Kw**********JzXaqU2rcFSoaLaehAQHqoQX1cWCo92tAA3ihLJ7

Thank you,
S.

It's a good thing that you have end of WIF format data where the checksum is. You have to first Base58 decode the string (with corrupted part, or you can replace the corrupted part with zeros). Since you are doing it only once you can use this online tool:

Once you have decoded number you can use the checksum to quickly check the possible missing values, if the checksum does not match you do not need the other calculations to get public key and check against it.

I doubt that you have some ready made tool for this second step, have to do some work yourself to code checking the missing values against the checksum. Good luck!

Edit:
Just tried it with some test values, you have to do Base58 Decode for all possible versions of missing values, not only once, string before corrupted characters stays the same but Base58 Encode changes all values after the corrupted place.

However, this is still much, much faster then generating Public key, doable on CPU for sure.

I believe I tried this with CPU and it was going to take a crazy amount of years to go through all combos. So perhaps I am doing something wrong. I am willing to pay a bounty for any help and code examples provided.

Thanks,
S.
Activity: 38
Merit: 1
Hello everybody. The question arose.
How to determine between the two public keys which is bigger? In addition to the subtraction function.
Example.
123456789 private key is not known to us.
His public key.
025004d7d9c2a3b2d675ada618d9ceda55d1f6a9fdf263e24daa8cbea586af2b2b

And accordingly his rival.
12345678a private key is not known to us
His public key.
02fde2347f83e21198fc48b918f5657c188ffcdd8611b39b987230addb91d05d80

Thanks for the answer.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins

Thank you,
S.

Edit:

Activity: 233
Merit: 253
3) BUT! If you say that you know publickey, we may use even faster solution, Kangaroo. I have prepared a special version of it to work with custom stride, somewhere on the forum I post explanation how it works. If it works, for 10 missing characters result will be done in VERY reasonable time.

If there is an outgoing transaction, then with the un/compressed public key and kangaroo or pollard, also possible.
Sadly this was an offline wallet, so it only ever had incoming transaction. It has never sent out.

@PawGo
New thread for that case
Missing 10 Characters in WIF Private Key - Can I recover them?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/missing-10-characters-in-wif-private-key-can-i-recover-them-5379131
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367
Hi,
1) you may check my program WifSolver to see if it helps.
https://github.com/PawelGorny/WifSolver

2) in your case I think it is possible to convert program into task for BitCrack. Using Gpu solution will be find much faster. Let me know if you need help with configuring bitcrack - how to configure range start/stop, stride etc

3) BUT! If you say that you know publickey, we may use even faster solution, Kangaroo. I have prepared a special version of it to work with custom stride, somewhere on the forum I post explanation how it works. If it works, for 10 missing characters result will be done in VERY reasonable time.

Check the post:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5315607
I don't think this will help. I have already done something similar which is how I cam to determine it will take to long. But thank you for offering help. I appreciate it.

Thanks,
S.
Activity: 24
Merit: 33
it was designed fr looking "perimeters"

no first :
min_w, max_w=szukaj("5K",0,2,int("1",16),int("fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffebaaedce6af48a03bbfd25e8cd036413b",16))

to much explain , first study code, then if poblem I will help you.

is python

but if you can't programming, then you cant re- change , and too much to explain.
I can only say that "wif" , has checksum witch is individual. 
no ,just 5 minutes:)

if you know Kw**********JzXaqU2rcFSoaLaehAQHqoQX1cWCo92tAA3ihLJ7, you can setup only for start "kw" with end "JzXaqU2rcFSoaLaehAQHqoQX1cWCo92tAA3ihLJ7"

Those 10 missing characters having a possible 58^10th power though. So it definitely won't take 5 minutes to brute force the 10 unknown characters. Unless what I am asking. can i set this software up to start at Kw and end with my 40 characters which would improve my chances by a lot using GPUs as using a CPU will not be possible in my lifetime.

If you can show an example of how I should configure the command to run this software I would greatly appreciate it, and happily tip once I recover the key.
no ,just 5 minutes:)

if you know Kw**********JzXaqU2rcFSoaLaehAQHqoQX1cWCo92tAA3ihLJ7, you can setup only for start "kw" with end "JzXaqU2rcFSoaLaehAQHqoQX1cWCo92tAA3ihLJ7"

you are looking only for **********, and good news: last 8 digit it is "AA3ihLJ7" is individual, never can be repeated,

searching for 58^10 on a binary level means I'd have to search 430,804,206,899,405,824 possible combos. With a CPU that would take centuries. I need to leverage GPUs to try and speed up the process.
Pages:
Jump to: