Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 144. (Read 284527 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Is there a issue with the network, we seem to be stalled at 116501, i notice the pool thinks it has found 116502 however all my peers are still reporting 116501.  Anyone else seeing anything different?

Thanks

I am seeing this

2015-05-18 00:50:05 InvalidChainFound: invalid block=0000100a58f11f188a062cca31bb0fb9bc4e3089fd3c4c2a34adbb6db698590a  height=116502  log2_work=35.644575  date=2015-05-18 00:50:12
2015-05-18 00:50:05 InvalidChainFound:  current best=0000028de284be28c8861c7abb27bc73a71b88959e670eaeaaa795635ac03ebe  height=116501  log2_work=35.644548  date=2015-05-18 00:01:53
2015-05-18 00:50:05 ERROR: ConnectTip() : ConnectBlock 0000100a58f11f188a062cca31bb0fb9bc4e3089fd3c4c2a34adbb6db698590a failed
2015-05-18 00:50:05 InvalidChainFound: invalid block=0000100a58f11f188a062cca31bb0fb9bc4e3089fd3c4c2a34adbb6db698590a  height=116502  log2_work=35.644575  date=2015-05-18 00:50:12
2015-05-18 00:50:05 InvalidChainFound:  current best=0000028de284be28c8861c7abb27bc73a71b88959e670eaeaaa795635ac03ebe  height=116501  log2_work=35.644548  date=2015-05-18 00:01:53

I found 116502, and now the network start working again. The correct 116502 block is here http://bitcredits.pw:8776/static/

I'm not sure, but seems that the problem is on this pool ... http://crypto.office-on-the.net:8776/static/
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Is there a issue with the network, we seem to be stalled at 116501, i notice the pool thinks it has found 116502 however all my peers are still reporting 116501.  Anyone else seeing anything different?

Thanks

I am seeing this

2015-05-18 00:50:05 InvalidChainFound: invalid block=0000100a58f11f188a062cca31bb0fb9bc4e3089fd3c4c2a34adbb6db698590a  height=116502  log2_work=35.644575  date=2015-05-18 00:50:12
2015-05-18 00:50:05 InvalidChainFound:  current best=0000028de284be28c8861c7abb27bc73a71b88959e670eaeaaa795635ac03ebe  height=116501  log2_work=35.644548  date=2015-05-18 00:01:53
2015-05-18 00:50:05 ERROR: ConnectTip() : ConnectBlock 0000100a58f11f188a062cca31bb0fb9bc4e3089fd3c4c2a34adbb6db698590a failed
2015-05-18 00:50:05 InvalidChainFound: invalid block=0000100a58f11f188a062cca31bb0fb9bc4e3089fd3c4c2a34adbb6db698590a  height=116502  log2_work=35.644575  date=2015-05-18 00:50:12
2015-05-18 00:50:05 InvalidChainFound:  current best=0000028de284be28c8861c7abb27bc73a71b88959e670eaeaaa795635ac03ebe  height=116501  log2_work=35.644548  date=2015-05-18 00:01:53
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
It would be very useful to add a compiled linux version for those that can't do it yourself like me for cheap ram starving vps.

Just like dragos did it so far here http://82.211.1.181/bitcredit/

dragos and tlc are looking to soon become the first users with an actual salary paid by the blockchain for their work. I am working on the details of employment and how to structure it in a way that helps the system.

As time is progressing and the project grows i need to leave soe of the simpler tasks so i can bring together more of the larger ones. ALso there are areas you have seen that i am not good at ....hehehe QT and all that.

So having people work on those areas will give me time to push other items on the to-do list.

For example, i'm sure you've seen that i have proposed an alliance of sorts with certain coins... if this happens, you can imagine the workload...but also the immense benefits to our system.

I know you a have plenty more important work to do, maybe I was not expresing myself clearly enough (like always  Grin )  It was just a suggestion to add this or some similar link to official site, if dragos or tlc will update regularly these files, it seems that's pretty easy but not for me (always the devil is in the detail). I think that will be very helpful not only for me.

It may look that I have a lot of demands, but the truth is that some of this ideas (often not my) are not so bad and have proved to be useful somewhere else, speaking of which maybe dedicated slack channel could be useful too.

Alliance is a great idea, all those nodes are wasting right now, all MN community could greatly help yourself in that matter, what was strange for me that SPR from which this idea came from (coin101) , now are not interested in help and rather rude.

I suspect that they want to have more control over it and if it would be done and initiated by them then they would agree to cooperate, maybe just don't understand what you have offerd them, crypto world is suspicious now, there's no one to blame.

I was reading all your offers to implement nodes in another coin's threads, but was wondering how you have choose them. For example first glance at VIA and I already knew that they don't waNt masternodes, why ?  Drak's and Peter Todd's thoughts about masternodes are officially known for a long time, they think that's useless and centralise a network. So far your offers go to dying coins like :DGC, SILK, STK (ex-CINII) maybe it would not be bad to try to contact with CRAVE, SLING, TRON, NTRN or even DASH.

As always it's just my point of view Wink

@thelonecrouton

Straight from your BN hehe ? Good for now as long as access is active,  but after update problem still will remain.

You'll notice that the price is whats dying on those coins, not the community. That is what is important. I need sustainable partnerships so i look at coins with real solid communities.

the latest craze will not last. I'll wait till it dies down and maybe approach the survivors.

I am quite interested by what you said in the viacoin thread, but I really need to understand more about what is involved and how the MNs would integrate into the peer to peer network. The way it was being presented seemed like they wont affect consensus and could participate in the network anyway without consent from the consensus network. Is that the case?

I am quite interested by what you said in the viacoin thread, but I really need to understand more about what is involved and how the MNs would integrate into the peer to peer network.

In short, a normal client would just listen to messages that match it's one spec as they do now, but under my proposal, our MNs would listen to messages from both nets.

The way it was being presented seemed like they wont affect consensus and could participate in the network anyway without consent from the consensus network. Is that the case?

Consensus already exists in each of our networks, what the MNs do is allow other networks to "view" the consensus of others', participation in multi-network tasks is not mandatory. It is up to each developer to decide if they want their client to be able to participate in multi-network consensus. For example we are exploring colored coins, and will have built in asset management and trading, if VIA decided that you wanted to participate, you would have to add code that allows you to participate.

Coins can handle messages and events for other coins without consent but participation requires configuration to follow the rules of said network. In the end a bunch of well written switch statements would be the bulk of the requirement especially if we maintain "BTC based only" network.  

Is there any code we can look at? Via is based on Bitcoin 0.10 so the codebase is quite different to most altcoin codebases.

Your code and mine are mostly the same. for now use the master branch, the development branches are probably glitchy since they have half baked colored coins
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
It would be very useful to add a compiled linux version for those that can't do it yourself like me for cheap ram starving vps.

dragos and tlc are looking to soon become the first users with an actual salary paid by the blockchain for their work. I am working on the details of employment and how to structure it in a way that helps the system.

As time is progressing and the project grows i need to leave soe of the simpler tasks so i can bring together more of the larger ones. ALso there are areas you have seen that i am not good at ....hehehe QT and all that.

So having people work on those areas will give me time to push other items on the to-do list.

For example, i'm sure you've seen that i have proposed an alliance of sorts with certain coins... if this happens, you can imagine the workload...but also the immense benefits to our system.

I know you a have plenty more important work to do, maybe I was not expresing myself clearly enough (like always  Grin )  It was just a suggestion to add this or some similar link to official site, if dragos or tlc will update regularly these files, it seems that's pretty easy but not for me (always the devil is in the detail). I think that will be very helpful not only for me.

It may look that I have a lot of demands, but the truth is that some of this ideas (often not my) are not so bad and have proved to be useful somewhere else, speaking of which maybe dedicated slack channel could be useful too.

Alliance is a great idea, all those nodes are wasting right now, all MN community could greatly help yourself in that matter, what was strange for me that SPR from which this idea came from (coin101) , now are not interested in help and rather rude.

I suspect that they want to have more control over it and if it would be done and initiated by them then they would agree to cooperate, maybe just don't understand what you have offerd them, crypto world is suspicious now, there's no one to blame.

I was reading all your offers to implement nodes in another coin's threads, but was wondering how you have choose them. For example first glance at VIA and I already knew that they don't waNt masternodes, why ?  Drak's and Peter Todd's thoughts about masternodes are officially known for a long time, they think that's useless and centralise a network. So far your offers go to dying coins like :DGC, SILK, STK (ex-CINII) maybe it would not be bad to try to contact with CRAVE, SLING, TRON, NTRN or even DASH.

@thelonecrouton

Straight from your BN hehe ? Good for now as long as access is active,  but after update problem still will remain.

You'll notice that the price is whats dying on those coins, not the community. That is what is important. I need sustainable partnerships so i look at coins with real solid communities.

the latest craze will not last. I'll wait till it dies down and maybe approach the survivors.

I am quite interested by what you said in the viacoin thread, but I really need to understand more about what is involved and how the MNs would integrate into the peer to peer network. The way it was being presented seemed like they wont affect consensus and could participate in the network anyway without consent from the consensus network. Is that the case?

I am quite interested by what you said in the viacoin thread, but I really need to understand more about what is involved and how the MNs would integrate into the peer to peer network.

In short, a normal client would just listen to messages that match it's one spec as they do now, but under my proposal, our MNs would listen to messages from both nets.

The way it was being presented seemed like they wont affect consensus and could participate in the network anyway without consent from the consensus network. Is that the case?

Consensus already exists in each of our networks, what the MNs do is allow other networks to "view" the consensus of others', participation in multi-network tasks is not mandatory. It is up to each developer to decide if they want their client to be able to participate in multi-network consensus. For example we are exploring colored coins, and will have built in asset management and trading, if VIA decided that you wanted to participate, you would have to add code that allows you to participate.

Coins can handle messages and events for other coins without consent but participation requires configuration to follow the rules of said network. In the end a bunch of well written switch statements would be the bulk of the requirement especially if we maintain "BTC based only" network.  

Is there any code we can look at? Via is based on Bitcoin 0.10 so the codebase is quite different to most altcoin codebases.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
By dint of sacrificing several goats to the Elder Gods I have got the tx symbols back, lined up, and fitting in the recent transactions area:

Might shrink 'em a bit.

Any chance to remove the darksend this time round?

@thelonecrouton

Activity: 260
Hope that I was wrong, and alliance somehow will work out, it has a great potential, it would be sad to be wasted.

BTW. Somehow finally started up 2 BNs on 1 VPS, with some luck, but VPS needed to be restarted, rpcport changed, firewall adjusted, and firstly new BN started.

After some time will look how this will work.
legendary

@thelonecrouton

15 BNs == 3750000 off market. Plus the lost ~ 1200000 that totals almost 5 million off market.

5 + 6 ==11 that means only 4 million is in circulation now.

What is the lost 1.2 million coins?

Guesstimate

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/address.dws?4982.htm

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/address.dws?5074.htm

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/address.dws?7225.htm

more addresses if you look on chainz
legendary
Activity: 1400
15 BNs == 3750000 off market. Plus the lost ~ 1200000 that totals almost 5 million off market.

What is the lost 1.2 million coins?

Does this have to be sent exact 250000 in one transaction like with dash or can be a bit more and in a few transactions?

1. One with fee, bittrex calculated 0.02 for 250k , transfered form your wallet it would be 250000.00000373

2. Install dependencies

http://176.126.241.192:8088/

http://bitcredit.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Compile_Bitcredit

Had to do:
Code:
sudo apt-get remove libboost*

sudo apt-get purge libboost*

sudo apt-get install libboost1.54-all-dev

Works now thanks!

Now how do you check if it is synced or not? ./bitcreditd getinfo gives me an error
Code:
Error: There is no RPC client functionality in bitcreditd anymore. Use the bitcredit-cli utility instead.

./bitcreditd  - only starts a daemon, for rest of commands you use ./bitcredit-cli (start, stop, getinfo, banknode list ... )

use "./bitcredit-cli getinfo" and always check for wallet version and blocks, compare with your local wallet block info (debug window/information) or https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/# and you will know.  Smiley

Questions for our specialists :

1. So if I have my first BN working, ./bitcreditd already started on my VPS, to start a second BN on the same machine I need to use something like this ?

./bitcreditd -datadir=/path/to/data/dir -conf=

2. It could be the same datadir as in first BN ?

for example ./bitcreditd -conf=BN2.conf  (in the same location as default bitcredit.conf)

4. Starting a new BN, doesn't affect the first one ?

5. I know that VPS port on BN2 must be change to 9998 for example, but what with rpcport on local wallet that will initiate starting a BN2, change rpcport=8776 to 8775 ?

I think you need separate folders.

If anyone is interested I was going to test running a node inside a docker container (each node in separate container). Anyone here had any experience with this?

Never tried that, it might be interesting.

Currently struggling with colored coins so i'm no help/
By dint of sacrificing several goats to the Elder Gods I have got the tx symbols back, lined up, and fitting in the recent transactions area:

Might shrink 'em a bit.

Wow great work!!!!!!!!!  let me introduce you to my new nightmare :- coinspark.org/developers/wallet-implementation-guide
legendary
Does this have to be sent exact 250000 in one transaction like with dash or can be a bit more and in a few transactions?

1. One with fee, bittrex calculated 0.02 for 250k , transfered form your wallet it would be 250000.00000373

2. Install dependencies

Had to do:
Code:

Works now thanks!

Now how do you check if it is synced or not? ./bitcreditd getinfo gives me an error
Code:
Error: There is no RPC client functionality in bitcreditd anymore. Use the bitcredit-cli utility instead.

./bitcreditd  - only starts a daemon, for rest of commands you use ./bitcredit-cli (start, stop, getinfo, banknode list ... )

use "./bitcredit-cli getinfo" and always check for wallet version and blocks, compare with your local wallet block info (debug window/information) or https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/# and you will know.  Smiley

1. So if I have my first BN working, ./bitcreditd already started on my VPS, to start a second BN on the same machine I need to use something like this ?

for example ./bitcreditd -conf=BN2.conf  (in the same location as default bitcredit.conf)

5. I know that VPS port on BN2 must be change to 9998 for example, but what with rpcport on local wallet that will initiate starting a BN2, change rpcport=8776 to 8775 ?

If anyone is interested I was going to test running a node inside a docker container (each node in separate container). Anyone here had any experience with this?

2. Install dependencies

Had to do:
Code:

Works now thanks!

Code:

legendary
Activity: 966
@siameze

It's a thelonecrouton's guides
The compilation how-to wiki was done by dragos I think. 
legendary
@siameze

It's a thelonecrouton's guides say thank you to him,  I got a few more guides for vps (dash, crave) but neither one is complete and perfect, you have to learn a few things in a hard way.

No doubt. Sometimes gremlins appear. I failed at the new build all week until I figured out I need to link to a different version of boost. It was maddening.

Also thanks to thelonecrouton! The qt fixes are appreciated.
Activity: 260
@siameze

It's a thelonecrouton's guides say thank you to him,  I got a few more guides for vps (dash, crave) but neither one is complete and perfect, you have to learn a few things in a hard way.

@avast

I avoid avast as much as I can, got at work over 20 licences and recently this shit is blocking our main local program, all exclusions doesn't resolve anything, deep scan module is wiser then us and can't be disabled, for a few workstations the only solution was to uninstall avast. Disabling all network sometimes also occour, avast browser plugin is even worse.

As always great work guys with wallet, new site, forum and links  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 966

Might shrink 'em a bit.
legendary
Activity: 1308
Merit: 1011
Microsoft is a joke too... But you know, 95% of the people don't use Linux  Grin
You guess it. I'm using AVAST and I can't get into any of your pools.
I'd recommend you to change this unreliable antivirus software.
I am internet provider and several times avast prevented thousands of people access to the Internet after updating.
Avast recognized windows system .dll as viruses and removed them.

Jump to: