Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 177. (Read 284527 times)

Activity: 501
Merit: 503
Heated discussion, dos threats, ha what next? Dev, cut off the old ones. No way i will setup a node if i don't get paid for it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
Are you kidding me? I saw the code AFTER the update. I cannot look at all changes you made and I discovered many bugs. I don't know how darkcoin/dash works, sry. Read the forum about the getblocktemplate bug or the p2pool bug. Just test your copy and pasted code before releasing it. If you post further BS, I'll post some conversations between me and you.
Just make an announcement, when to update the wallet. This time point has to be at least 1 week in the future, so that it is possible to do at least some basic testing and the exchanges have time to update. I cannot update the miner all the time because of your broken updates. I simply do not have enough time to do that.
EDIT: btw. I would pay MN, but I'm tired of your broken updates and your broken promises. It's best to have a developing branch and test a release version BEFORE release.

I think is the best way to do it
The problem is that we are near 85000 ...
Are you able to fix p2pool? Otherwise it makes no sense to enforce the update. I need two days or so to update the miner.

Interesting comments, what would that prove?

Are you able to fix p2pool?

Again i do not see how that relates to a wallet update. p2pool works as it should. if we see the need we will increase the size it can handle a little more .

As for miner update, that is solely up to you as that is your domain. My area is ensuring that everyone is running the right wallet version and all aspects of the ecosystem support each other.

You are telling me, that 2 transactions lead to a block size which exceeds the maximum block size of p2pool? I guess not. If you want me to demonstrate it, I could bring p2pool down for an hour in a few hours.

Feel free to try
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Are you kidding me? I saw the code AFTER the update. I cannot look at all changes you made and I discovered many bugs. I don't know how darkcoin/dash works, sry. Read the forum about the getblocktemplate bug or the p2pool bug. Just test your copy and pasted code before releasing it. If you post further BS, I'll post some conversations between me and you.
Just make an announcement, when to update the wallet. This time point has to be at least 1 week in the future, so that it is possible to do at least some basic testing and the exchanges have time to update. I cannot update the miner all the time because of your broken updates. I simply do not have enough time to do that.
EDIT: btw. I would pay MN, but I'm tired of your broken updates and your broken promises. It's best to have a developing branch and test a release version BEFORE release.

Are you able to fix p2pool? Otherwise it makes no sense to enforce the update. I need two days or so to update the miner.

Again i do not see how that relates to a wallet update. p2pool works as it should. if we see the need we will increase the size it can handle a little more .

As for miner update, that is solely up to you as that is your domain. My area is ensuring that everyone is running the right wallet version and all aspects of the ecosystem support each other.

You are telling me, that 2 transactions lead to a block size which exceeds the maximum block size of p2pool? I guess not. If you want me to demonstrate it, I could bring p2pool down for an hour in a few hours.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

look at the pool, no crash  Grin Grin
New work for worker! Difficulty: 0.000001 Share difficulty: 0.000022 Total block value: 50.020000 BCR including 2 transactions

Also i don't get your argument against cutting out old clients. what relevance do they have to p2pool?
Look at the screen shot I've posted. The hashrate went to zero.

yes so for one block, the pool did not hash.... how does that connect with updating the wallet and cutting off old unsupported wallets?
t
WTF? p2pool does not work if any transaction is included in a block. If you cut out the solo miners with 0.30.14, no one will include the transactions into the chain. Or an attacker will include his transactions. That was just a demonstration. One can DOS p2pool for hours.

and why can they not solo mine with 0.30.16.4?
because the clpts rpc solo miner will use the wrong coinbase, e.g. it will not pay masternodes... You could have asked me weeks ago to support MN payments in the miner, but then I had to know how getblocktemplate will work. Obviously, you didn't notice the implications of the update.

you have known about these changes far much longer than a week, in fact you saw the code long before anyone else knew exactly what i was working on.

there is just no good reason to keep the old wallets.  

That's why I asked about a testnet some time ago.

This is simply a push to get everyone on the right wallet, i have asked time and again, why I should allow old clients to exist on the network. Huh

I disabled code that would have cut them off right off the bat to avoid network shock and to allow transition time. that time is over.

The real issue here is not about testnets or anything like that. I am saying that everyone should start using the new wallet, those who are against it, are doing so because they do not wish to pay MNs.

New work for worker! Difficulty: 0.000001 Share difficulty: 0.000022 Total block value: 50.020000 BCR including 2 transactions

Also i don't get your argument against cutting out old clients. what relevance do they have to p2pool?

yes so for one block, the pool did not hash.... how does that connect with updating the wallet and cutting off old unsupported wallets?
t
WTF? p2pool does not work if any transaction is included in a block. If you cut out the solo miners with 0.30.14, no one will include the transactions into the chain. Or an attacker will include his transactions. That was just a demonstration. One can DOS p2pool for hours.

because the clpts rpc solo miner will use the wrong coinbase, e.g. it will not pay masternodes... You could have asked me weeks ago to support MN payments in the miner, but then I had to know how getblocktemplate will work. Obviously, you didn't notice the implications of the update.

you have known about these changes far much longer than a week, in fact you saw the code long before anyone else knew exactly what i was working on.

there is just no good reason to keep the old wallets.  
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

t

I am solo mining with 0.30.16.4b and finding blocks
Yes, because the network accepts the blocks. But they do not pay masternodes. In the future those blocks won't be accepted (or shouldn't be accepted)

So after block 85,00 (or whatever it is) all my solo blocks will be rejected?
I guess. But bitcreditscc does no testing at all.

That's why I asked about a testnet some time ago.

Have you setup a testnet to test the functions of this coin?  I have read through the thread and didn't see any reference to one.  If not I think you should.  Thinking of taking a position in this coin but am still on the fence.

t

Yes, because the network accepts the blocks. But they do not pay masternodes. In the future those blocks won't be accepted (or shouldn't be accepted)

I guess. But bitcreditscc does no testing at all.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

t

t

Activity: 4
I am having trouble getting the wallet(0.30.16.) to work on my new machine. No Block Source Available - 4 days behind. I have the same version installed on another machine and it is working fine. Any help would be appreciated.

t

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

t

t

and why can they not solo mine with 0.30.16.4? There is no way i will let those clients continue on this network . there is just no real reason to keep old client, worse off they are working on a different set of rules than the rest.

Everyone must upgrade and keep up with supported client and protocol. those old client will cause massive forking at block 85000, their owners just need to update.

t

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa92qcgjgf9tl1b/hashrate.png?dl=0
If old clients are cut out, then exchanges won't work any more because they most likely use the old client. Furthermore, p2pool does not include any transactions into blocks and my miner does not work with the new wallet. Therefore, the network will be stuck. If you do not communicate with people, then they cannot adopt to changes. Or did you tell me, how the coinbase has to look like or how to deal with future changes? No, I stumbled across the new coinbase when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with 0.30.16. I do not even know, why I'm helping you, when you never listen to me.
Jump to: