Pages:
Author

Topic: BiteBTC is a scam exchange - page 5. (Read 36940 times)

legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
May 16, 2019, 08:40:50 AM
A friend just got scammed by this exchange.
They lock your acc and you cannot withdraw.
Activity: 347
Merit: 100
CMC Community
May 15, 2019, 03:38:28 AM
So to be honest CMC is also a scam, all they care is about profit - whoever pays them is good for them

As I explained earlier:

Ok, i've submitted my request too. For BiteBTC to be removed from CMC.

You're wasting your time I'm afraid, CMC has no shame. It readily accepts payments from many scam exchanges to list them, just look at the various exchanges they list - sooo many scam exchanges with fake volume it's not funny. It's how they make money, they will list any scam exchange if the price is right - this is why the info they give is completely unreliable at best & utterly fake at worst.

The only way to force any kind of change is to stop using them.

We're a data aggregator. We aggregate data. Neutrally. Soon we'll aggregate even more data, so people can make well informed decisions:
https://blog.coinmarketcap.com/2019/05/01/happy-6th-birthday-data-alliance-block-explorers-and-more/
We don't accept compensations for listings, we're funded by donations and advertising and sponsored articles which are clearly marked as such.
There's a warning about BiteBTC on our site. The same is true for any other noteworthy data aggregator. This thread is among the first you'll find when you google them. Nobody knows where they're located or who their CEO is from what I see. We're not the crypto police, the decision if something's a scam is out of our scope, that's up to law enforcement. Doesn't mean we don't care, I'm following the BiteBTC claim group on Telegram.
We've explained to great lengths in our articles over and over that people have to do their own research, we're just providing data. The highest quality data in the industry, that is.
If you lose your funds because you blindly send them to some anonymous platform without even doing the most basic research, which would have simply been a single click on CMC to see the warning, we're surely not the ones to blame.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
May 13, 2019, 01:20:35 AM
bitebtc is scam ex. i deposit holo and sell to eth when i withdraw my account is block. Sad lost my eth  what should i do? any one can help. i think we should gather victims and evidence  report to FBI take them to jail.   Undecided
Activity: 105
Merit: 1
May 05, 2019, 02:51:26 PM
i cant stop thinking, what the hell going on,the thread started since 2018 and until now, the thief still alive.
also people complaint is very huge,and most of the complaints are new members.
this just like , unrasionable.
and how the hell you soo easy to trust and give your money there, without searching first ?
even though it was clear on their Twitter account there had been a lot of profanity
Until now
Despite everything
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
April 29, 2019, 08:20:22 PM
How the hell is this possible? Are here also people who withdrew their money?

BiteBTC is really luring for arbitrage opportunities, but they are so HUGE that common sense must be big warning for everybody. That is how I find out about this scam exchange. first I saw DOGE is like 20% higher than on other exchanges -> wait a minute, lets google "BiteBTC scam"... and here I am.

Glad nothing comes without notice in crypto world and every scam gets quickly exposed.

Hope those thieves will get down soon and pay for their crimes.
Activity: 1
April 19, 2019, 03:40:59 PM
If you send your money to BiteBTC, they will suspend your account, and you will never see your money again.

EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN SCAMMED BY BITE BTC PLEASE CALL AND E-MAIL @ICANN AT [email protected] AND 18022274003. BITE BTC IS THEIR CLIENT. They are hide BiteBtc's real domain and origin. THEY HAVE A LOCATION in Massachusetts, USA. IF YOU ARE IN THE USA PLEASE CALL YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL.
Activity: 19
April 15, 2019, 09:47:37 AM
Unblievable how these scam exchanges are getting away with all of these!  Pretty sad actually.
Activity: 133
Merit: 7
April 10, 2019, 11:34:39 AM
BiteBTC HAS STOLEN ALL MY FUNDS

I registered, submitted my KYC and got message being a verified customer.
Deposited some coins, did trade: things were fine but when i made a withdrawal request for 0.37 BTC, it was not processed. After couple of hours and sending message to support team, see what they replied. They just steal all my funds.

Dear Trader,

We're forced to inform that your account has been blocked due to violations of our Terms and Conditions.
This is final decision and we'll not review your applications in future.
We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

With kind regards,
BiteBTC Support Team

They basically allure customers by faking trade prices and volumes and creating artificial arbitrage opportunities. Most of customers get to know these fake arbitrage opportunities through coinmarketcap. I think CMC being a trustworthy platform, they should make note of such fraud exchanges and make sure they are not listed on CMC platform. I request people who have been cheated to contact CMC advising them to block BiteBTC on their platform.

I linked to this post on the main front page and will link others summaries as well if you send me a DM copying the format. Post your details in the thread and private message me a link. Look at the front page at the top for how this one shows up for an example. Thanks.
Activity: 30
April 08, 2019, 04:59:29 AM
What can we do about our stolen funds?  Undecided
Activity: 413
Merit: 8
🔥
April 05, 2019, 01:45:40 AM
Power to the People ! Cool
Activity: 60
April 04, 2019, 09:44:49 PM
I filed a abuse report and got their domain name seized

Working on getting their names/addresses

Let me know if they are U.S. residents. I have an FBI office near my home that I am going to on Monday to report them if so
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
April 04, 2019, 05:15:12 AM
BiteBTC officially down (domain seized apparently). This is what they had to say about it:

Dear Traders,

We are currently exploring relationships with the previous owners of the company that ran the BiteBTC exchange.
The previous owners sold all the rights to the exchange to the new owner, the Seychelles company First Finance LLC, however, for reasons unknown to us, they now decided to declare that they had never been involved in BiteBTC activities.
We have not yet figured out the reasons for this act and are trying to get in touch with the previous owners in order to resolve this situation in the pretrial order.
Unfortunately, the work of bitebtc.com at this time is intermittent and we ask all traders to treat this with understanding.
All balances are intact on cold wallets, all servers are working normally.
We plan to return to normal operation by the end of the week.

Thank you for the patience.

Sounds like utter bullshit.

Good going! You were quite effective with whatever information you provided them with. I would give you more merits but I'm all out.
Activity: 488
April 03, 2019, 05:45:03 AM
BiteBTC set to launch their own exchange token soon
Smart Contract: 0xfd53cA7338C732f33E6de1b983Ef04dB49fbeA91

Total Supply: 920,000,000

Incredible. I can't believe they are scamming people left and right, nobody has the power to intervene, and now they are doing another money grab...

How did you find out about this?

According to CMC they are the 38th biggest exchange -- they do have a warning up about BiteBTC with-holding customer deposits... they need an additional one about withdrawals.

There's also another Telegram people can join, this one has almost 100 people:

https://t.me/joinchat/Gr0BQBGeMkcvGRa9ejAsUw
I have been following the ethereum wallet address they use in sending eth,fet and other tokens out. I noticed the transferred 920,000,000 Bite to the wallet some days back.. After following the contract address I came to a conclusion that they own the token
Activity: 251
Merit: 253
April 03, 2019, 01:40:24 AM

Activity: 251
Merit: 253
April 01, 2019, 06:01:32 AM
The operators also committed a form of identity theft (using a fake UEN)

https://investmentstab.blogspot.com/2019/03/bitebtc-scam.html

Dear Readers,

It has come to our attention that a cryptocurrency exchange, under the name of BiteBTC.com, has been FRAUDULENTLY using our name to operate and promote their exchange, cheating investors of their hard earn money through investments in cryptocurrencies on their platform. The footer of BiteBTC's website previously claimed to be operated by FinanceFirst Pte. Ltd and was located in Singapore with our rightful UEN identifier. After being alerted by various users, BiteBTC.com have since changed the footer of their website where it claims to be operated by a company named 'First Finance LLC', located in Seychelles (East Africa).

Investment Stab is a blog under the company, FinanceFirst Pte Ltd. We are not involved in any cryptocurrency exchange activities or stored value facility. Any activities by BiteBTC.com are not associated with or carried by us. As to reasons why our details and UEN identifier were listed and misappropriated by BiteBTC.com, this information can be easily obtained from ACRA (Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority) of Singapore by doing a search in BizFile. More details can also be easily purchased from BizFile at SGD 11.

When we searched for 'First Finance LLC', this company came up, and it is based in the United States of America (USA). It is evident that BiteBTC.com is probably using another company or is a non-existent company to continue their fraudulent business practice. No other information on its operating team or members were found on its website.

We have since lodged a police report against BiteBTC.com for theft of our identity and we trust that the police will investigate the matter. In addition, we were also told that there have already been several reports lodged against the BiteBTC.com for fraud.

In addition, we would also like to use this to educate our fellow readers on the issues surrounding cryptocurrency as an investment or trading instrument. Cryptocurrency currently operates in the legal grey area of many countries and is often not regulated. Due to the nature of technology, ambiguity and opaqueness are usually inherent where investors often do not fully understand its capabilities and promises. With such characteristics, combined with the promised hype of riches, it is a superior tool for scams and other illegal activities. We hope to warn readers and potential investors of any cryptocurrencies to carry out extensive research and exercise judgement on the accuracy of the information presented.

Investment Stab is a financial education platform. We aim to be the site where people can reach out to learn about personal finance, and we are committed to continuing towards that goal.
Thank you for your support.
We will keep you updated should there be any new findings from the police.

Thank you.

The team at Investment Stab

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
March 30, 2019, 01:50:18 PM
i cant stop thinking, what the hell going on,the thread started since 2018 and until now, the thief still alive.
also people complaint is very huge,and most of the complaints are new members.
this just like , unrasionable.
and how the hell you soo easy to trust and give your money there, without searching first ?
even though it was clear on their Twitter account there had been a lot of profanity
Activity: 413
Merit: 8
🔥
March 29, 2019, 06:44:12 PM
Thank you everyone who posted about being scammed.  I was considering the idea of asking the {DRGL} Dragonglass community about listing to bitebtc exchange.
Not after reading everything. Way too many incidents for this to be random. They wont last long. Reputation is everything.

Anybody know some good reputable exchanges for smaller coins?  (in addition to FirstCryptoBank & Bisq)
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
March 29, 2019, 04:39:23 AM

Incredible. I can't believe they are scamming people left and right, nobody has the power to intervene, and now they are doing another money grab...

How did you find out about this?

According to CMC they are the 38th biggest exchange -- they do have a warning up about BiteBTC with-holding customer deposits... they need an additional one about withdrawals.

There's also another Telegram people can join, this one has almost 100 people:

https://t.me/joinchat/Gr0BQBGeMkcvGRa9ejAsUw
Activity: 488
March 29, 2019, 03:53:47 AM

Pages:
Jump to: