Pages:
Author

Topic: [bitfinex] 7h35c4mm3r'5rh370r1c [bitfinex] - page 2. (Read 3978 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2015, 11:55:56 AM
I'd love to know how you can close a position multiple times, seems a grammatical impossibility. Not in Bitfinex world. Can you close a door twice without opening it in between?

If I have a position open, and I ask to close it, even if I press the button many times, in what reality can it ever mean, open a new position? The close buttons on OKCoin for example can be pressed multiple times, but close means close and it will give you an error the second time you press it.

Bitfinex are just trying to cover up a design fault for how the system works under the hood because when you press close their system simple places a market order for exactly the amount of your position (if you were long it sells, and if you were short it buys). That's not the user's fault, and at no point does the system warn you "actually, I'm not really closing your position, I'm just placing a market order for you".

Their system has no awareness of position state and they dont even have a proper "close" order type. Until they change that fundamental design it's not going to get any better.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
August 29, 2015, 11:55:16 AM
i liked their interface too that's why i was there; but I'll try my best to avoid Stockholm syndrome; and keep blaming those who (I think) should be.

I consider the money lost; there's not much I can do; I know that.

that post is just a part of the "not much"

cheers and good luck  Smiley
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
August 29, 2015, 11:40:20 AM
I'm on bfx for years..

you gotto know the bugs if i can call it that
. i had an opposite position once too. due to close clicking
never marketsell .. always put limit orders below spread price....

thats basically it.

they are still in beta i guess..  so ther's not much you can do about it legaly i'm afraid..

i'm still a fan of their platform though..

Activity: 440
Merit: 250
August 29, 2015, 09:43:19 AM
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
August 29, 2015, 09:24:29 AM
Hi guys; tricky title isn't it?

I'm dreadz on twitter; slavo on here.

I never thought I'd have to bother the community with my quite boring life but going public seems the least I can do after bitfinex rekt'd my account in the "close position" bug. (they call it "order stacking bug")

TL;DR version:

During this

I was short from 260, clicked "close position" multiple times as position was not shown as closed.

-> account started trading alone in both ways ending up losing -65% after i closed with profits; or 81% of the account not counting the last trade.

Bitfinex is now blaming my "misbehavior" when they failed to honor a simple contract

Please understand that it's not supposed to be a public whine session but a way to make people think a bit more about who we're dealing with and more important; are we in control of our money there?

I honestly just realized where my money was; innocent me.

I'll let you judge with the detailed post; hope you're not bored to death yet.

I had a 2k account and shorted 18 btc around 260 before the drop; i reduced my risk to around 14.9btc at 257 as you can see

I clicked multiple times on the close position button when the site lagged as hell - the site was lagging but still working; my position still showed as opened; and the button was still offering me to "CLOSE" afaik.

I ended up closing my short at market at $222 as you can see in that history; (didn't knew back then)

My problem is that big block of orders coming just after and it traded for an hour without me doing anything. (last one seems to be a margin call, what happens before I think it's just a series of opposite

trades  + lag; but I may be wrong as I still don't know what happened really...)

that is $1,620.11652258 (according to bitfinex history) swept off my $2000(+short closed +$555).

-65% after i closed; or just 81% of the account as it was the previous day depends how you want to count.

because i'm a silly fish; I used bitfinex as I use a bank... but as with banks, trust is now broken.

Not because of that bug; which is something that could happens in any business; you screw up; you fix with apologies and everyone's happy; but because of what they answered to me now.

As you might have heard their CFO on teamspeak; they would not refund anyone who tried "to get a free ride" on them. I heard it that's why i'll show you something:

then

(lol i'm laughing at myself right now... whatever ^^)

when

and just before that I live tweeted

1st tweet

then

didn't check what timeframe each site is but I was tweeting and mailing real time; but you can check that easily if needed.

I didn't clic anything more than close as I don't wanted to fuck up the "contract" implied by my close clic which for me is still CLOSE MY POSITION.

That was the part which explained the case so there can be a "common audit" of the situation; because bitfinex is now talking to me like i'm the one to blame for their bug lul.

you'll find my history with them; their answers and nonsense

interaction with support:

TWITTER (they first answered here; then through mail/tickets)

their ticket system says my first mail was "Submitted: 08/19/2015 12:07 am" which is during the lag/crash/shenanigans... so you may understand that I never asked for a free ride but just wanted to have my

position closed before going to sleep. amen.

mail history

(you already saw ticket 972392 they didn't answered this one but the next one 877918)

me again

me & me again

when suddenly

My answer then:

As it is like screaming to a deaf that his ears sucks I didn't answered but will comment here with his last answer.

My conclusion is that I really don't want my money to be involved with this kind of business anymore; i mean a business setting rules; breaking them and then blaming their customer's "behavior"

I still want my money back; and i'd like other people in the same situation to also have their money back. And overall I'd like people to leave before a bigger shit happens and they blame us all.

If you are still happy trading there; I wish you good luck. If not please leave that place and that post would at least have been useful somehow.

IF YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION; please pm me.

Now is the time to get drunk.

Cheers & thanks for reading through all that shit Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: