Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfinex is a scam. - page 2. (Read 4866 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
October 30, 2013, 01:56:33 AM
The mitigation of established problems with your "service" does not include suggesting that people send money, whether it's a cent or a fortune.

True, spending 2 minutes reading the "How it works" concept is generally enough.

Raphael

"How it works" in this case doesn't look good.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
October 26, 2013, 09:50:31 AM
True, spending 2 minutes reading the "How it works" concept is generally enough.

Raphael

No amount of posturing, plastering, site copy, or other hopes, dreams, or promises will change facts.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 26, 2013, 05:47:50 AM
The mitigation of established problems with your "service" does not include suggesting that people send money, whether it's a cent or a fortune.

Raphael
October 25, 2013, 10:02:04 PM
Hello,

To everyone I propose a small test. Deposit a few cents on bitfinex. Go long. See that you are paying interests on your margin. Then close your position, move your money to the deposit wallet and lend your money. See that you receive interests on your money.  Then withdraw your money.

There you go, you see that the borrowers really paid the interest listed on Bitfinex, and lenders really receives the said interests.

In the meantime, see that Bitfinex doesn't work AT ALL like how bitcoinica worked. Which coincides with the fact that the code is original and totally rewritten since 8 months.

So you can experiment the business model first hand, and see that it's not just a concept, but it is what it claims to be Smiley

Thanks
Raphael
Bitfinex

PS: About the unlimited credit line, see these: https://community.bitfinex.com/content.php/32-Regarding-recent-team-change
And compare with how forex broker uses credit lines on a weekly basis, as opposed to us making 1 credit line of 150,000 USD to a known investor, with 1.5 times more in BTC collateral on Bitfinex (by the said investor), paid back a few days later, in a time of crisis to avoid lenders making a loss.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 25, 2013, 10:47:56 AM
Hello,

To everyone I propose a small test. Deposit a few cents on bitfinex. Go long. See that you are paying interests on your margin. Then close your position, move your money to the deposit wallet and lend your money. See that you receive interests on your money.  Then withdraw your money.

There you go, you see that the borrowers really paid the interest listed on Bitfinex, and lenders really receives the said interests.

In the meantime, see that Bitfinex doesn't work AT ALL like how bitcoinica worked. Which coincides with the fact that the code is original and totally rewritten since 8 months.

So you can experiment the business model first hand, and see that it's not just a concept, but it is what it claims to be Smiley

Thanks
Raphael
Bitfinex

PS: About the unlimited credit line, see these: https://community.bitfinex.com/content.php/32-Regarding-recent-team-change
And compare with how forex broker uses credit lines on a weekly basis, as opposed to us making 1 credit line of 150,000 USD to a known investor, with 1.5 times more in BTC collateral on Bitfinex (by the said investor), paid back a few days later, in a time of crisis to avoid lenders making a loss.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
October 19, 2013, 05:09:28 PM
damn, I was hoping to move some of my snakeoil investiments over to these dudes
October 19, 2013, 05:06:42 PM
@mpoe-pr: what was that site url again you run/promote?

Erm, I suppose you should have a look at my sig.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
ManualMiner
October 19, 2013, 06:00:10 AM
@mpoe-pr: what was that site url again you run/promote?
June 12, 2013, 12:17:55 PM
II. Running stolen, bug ridden software (the old Bitcoinica codebase) that has already proven itself useless in the marketplace (three times!)

OK, noted. I will do my own due diligence.

same

That's the only way to go.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
June 11, 2013, 09:46:34 AM
II. Running stolen, bug ridden software (the old Bitcoinica codebase) that has already proven itself useless in the marketplace (three times!)

same
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
June 11, 2013, 09:42:04 AM

June 09, 2013, 02:16:08 PM
I. Self-moderated "support thread", filled with a bunch of socks posting nonsense. This is standard scammer operating procedure.

III. Scammers themselves admit to crediting "investors" infinite USD/BTC to execute the naive users.

It's true that scammer tags aren't really given out much anymore, but that's no reason to allow well known scammers run amok. You have been warned.
Pages:
Jump to: