Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfloor closes down, but with no interest in making things right - page 2. (Read 3225 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
You guys are so gullible. Make an exchange or bank, wait a while till its full of BTC. Take everyone's BTC. Say you got hacked. Refund a little bit to show you care. Stash your anonymous fortune.

I've met Roman a number of times, and for what it's worth, he doesn't strike me as the "steal and run" kind of guy. He's deeply vested in the success of Bitcoin and cares about it for more than financial reasons.
I lol'ed

or he can PM me, and I'll give my bank details if he doesn't want that money Smiley
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
You guys are so gullible. Make an exchange or bank, wait a while till its full of BTC. Take everyone's BTC. Say you got hacked. Refund a little bit to show you care. Stash your anonymous fortune.

I've met Roman a number of times, and for what it's worth, he doesn't strike me as the "steal and run" kind of guy. He's deeply vested in the success of Bitcoin and cares about it for more than financial reasons.
Activity: 41
Well, unfortunately, I have to post saying that I chose the wrong exchange. Yesterday, Bitfloor announced that trade was "suspending" (they really should look that up). Later on, they announced that:

I am sorry to announce that due to circumstances outside of our control BitFloor must cease all trading operations indefinitely. Unfortunately, our US bank account is scheduled to be closed and we can no longer provide the same level of USD deposits and withdrawals as we have in the past. As such, I have made the decision to halt operations and return all funds.

Over the next days we will be working with all clients to ensure that everyone receives their funds. Please be patient as we process your request.

It doesn't sound like suspending, but hey, at least they will be returning all funds, right? Wrong.

Sure, if I give them my bank account information, they'll send me my USD funds. However, I have no interest in doing that. I deposited Bitcoin and I want to get Bitcoin back. But they have announced via Twitter that funds will not be converted to BTC.

Well I'm sorry that it would be a pain in the ass for Bitfloor, but that is their problem. I want my money. I have no intent of giving them my bank info.

Bitfloor needs to own up and offer conversion to BTC. Hell, get a Bitstamp account and buy Bitcoins, then send them to my address.

They have no right to demand my personal financial information in order for me to receive money that belongs to me.

By the way, does Bitfloor intend to refund the "held" Bitcoins from the hack? That's rhetorical question mostly, because I think not.

Sorry for the rant, but seriously?

so you would rather lose your money than give them a bank account? and why did you use them at all if they are an exchange and you only need bitcoins?
I guess your bitcoins are not very pure
Activity: 28
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
Well, unfortunately, I have to post saying that I chose the wrong exchange. Yesterday, Bitfloor announced that trade was "suspending" (they really should look that up). Later on, they announced that:

I am sorry to announce that due to circumstances outside of our control BitFloor must cease all trading operations indefinitely. Unfortunately, our US bank account is scheduled to be closed and we can no longer provide the same level of USD deposits and withdrawals as we have in the past. As such, I have made the decision to halt operations and return all funds.

Over the next days we will be working with all clients to ensure that everyone receives their funds. Please be patient as we process your request.

It doesn't sound like suspending, but hey, at least they will be returning all funds, right? Wrong.

Sure, if I give them my bank account information, they'll send me my USD funds. However, I have no interest in doing that. I deposited Bitcoin and I want to get Bitcoin back. But they have announced via Twitter that funds will not be converted to BTC.

Well I'm sorry that it would be a pain in the ass for Bitfloor, but that is their problem. I want my money. I have no intent of giving them my bank info.

Bitfloor needs to own up and offer conversion to BTC. Hell, get a Bitstamp account and buy Bitcoins, then send them to my address.

They have no right to demand my personal financial information in order for me to receive money that belongs to me.

By the way, does Bitfloor intend to refund the "held" Bitcoins from the hack? That's rhetorical question mostly, because I think not.

Sorry for the rant, but seriously?
Pages:
Jump to: