Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfloor shutting down - page 2. (Read 4880 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
April 18, 2013, 06:12:48 AM
It was hard enough for them to try to restart their business with a huge debt hanging over their heads that they were promising to repay with their profits.
Was it them who tried hide losses/gamble with client funds ? I remember distinctly one exchange doing that, and I figured that was the end of trust for that exchange..
Maybe you're thinking about bitmarket.eu?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
April 18, 2013, 05:47:05 AM
Bank of America is probably shutting down his account when they learned he was using it for bitcoin business.

I doubt Bank of America gives a fuck about Bitcoin. It's more likely the account was closed either because Bitfloor wasn't solvent or AML requirements became a headache. What Bitcoin needs is a strong financial player willing to build and support a professional infrastructure so people can buy bitcoins fast, safe and easy.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
April 18, 2013, 01:33:23 AM
Bank of America is probably shutting down his account when they learned he was using it for bitcoin business.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
April 17, 2013, 08:22:55 PM
It was hard enough for them to try to restart their business with a huge debt hanging over their heads that they were promising to repay with their profits.

Was it them who tried hide losses/gamble with client funds ? I remember distinctly one exchange doing that, and I figured that was the end of trust for that exchange..
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
April 17, 2013, 08:20:15 PM

An early company needs to be able to put their profit into the business for a while.

I liked BitFloor, they allowed for easy deposit through ING and paid you to exchange your funds. The only reason I did not sign up is knowing that they were in the hole and would likely never be able to make it.

It sucks since they really support Bitcoin and were trying to do the right thing by paying people back after the hack.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
April 17, 2013, 08:14:32 PM
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
April 17, 2013, 07:20:11 PM
They got goxxxed?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
April 17, 2013, 07:18:43 PM
Isn't this the 2nd time they've shut down?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
April 17, 2013, 07:16:26 PM
Does anyone have any more info concerning this? 

No, but the writing have been on the wall for a long time. It's incredible that people don't see this. I've warned about this a long time ago. It's just common sense, there's been too much fuckups, eventually the fuckups accumulate and it all goes kaboom.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
April 17, 2013, 07:13:25 PM
maybe mt gox bought them out so they can be the only game in town?
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
April 17, 2013, 07:10:38 PM
I just went to the Bitfloor website and there is this message:

I am sorry to announce that due to circumstances outside of our control BitFloor must cease all trading operations indefinitely. Unfortunately, our US bank account is scheduled to be closed and we can no longer provide the same level of USD deposits and withdrawals as we have in the past. As such, I have made the decision to halt operations and return all funds.

Over the next days we will be working with all clients to ensure that everyone receives their funds. Please be patient as we process your request.

- Roman
founder - bitfloor.com

Does anyone have any more info concerning this? 
Pages:
Jump to: