Pages:
Author

Topic: BitForce SC - full custom ASIC - page 7. (Read 52475 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
June 19, 2012, 02:42:01 PM
I really hope trade ins will receive priority!

I placed an order for a mini rig, just a month back, the way i see it. If there is a 6 month gap from the time the last FGPA mini rig ships and the 1st ASIC based SC starts shipping, I am good. The current projected ROI on the mini rig is 6 months. I hope BFL considers that the current customers get first priority.

Just what in their current business practices makes you think they have any respect for their current customers as well they are required by various laws to put their shareholders interests first and if that means screwing their current customers over so be it.
Well, the fact that they are offering full value trade ins kind of tells me they have a good deal of respect for their current customers.

And keeping shareholders interests first doesn't mean screwing over your customers.  In fact, screwing over your customers would equate to NOT keeping your shareholders interests first, as the company would probably go under shortly afterward.  Who wants to buy product from a company that screws its customers over?

Maximizing long term profits is just as viable a goal as maximizing short term profits.  No shareholder or government entity is going to come down on BFL because they are trying to maximize long term profits.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 19, 2012, 02:34:10 PM

I placed an order for a mini rig, just a month back, the way i see it. If there is a 6 month gap from the time the last FGPA mini rig ships and the 1st ASIC based SC starts shipping, I am good. The current projected ROI on the mini rig is 6 months. I hope BFL considers that the current customers get first priority.

Just what in their current business practices makes you think they have any respect for their current customers as well they are required by various laws to put their shareholders interests first and if that means screwing their current customers so be it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
firstbits.com/1kznfw
June 19, 2012, 01:43:16 PM
This effectively kills all other FPGA. Would you buy an icarus that is probably going to be outclassed in 6-9 months or a BitForce that can hold its own over that time and then be upgraded to the new technology?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
BitMinter
June 16, 2012, 10:45:25 AM
Cheap enough ?
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
June 16, 2012, 07:41:56 AM

Activity: 446
Merit: 250
June 16, 2012, 04:58:39 AM

+1
legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?
June 16, 2012, 03:20:32 AM
Activity: 357
June 16, 2012, 02:45:50 AM
when can i pre-order, and whats the aprox. ship date...

im ready to place an order asap  Grin
BFL
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
June 16, 2012, 02:32:10 AM
FYI - We've created a new thread in the hardware section to cover the topic of our SC products release:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/announcement-asic-mining-processor-by-butterfly-labs-87934
Activity: 556
June 16, 2012, 02:31:19 AM
legendary
Activity: 1274
June 16, 2012, 02:01:05 AM
Yes, we'll be posting more information about the SC products later on tonight this eon.  At the moment we're packing first run Mini Rigs mining until the postman gets here after having completed initialization dusting of the production line due to the many fans your the mini rigs.

FTFY!

Really though, BFL is doing well at what they're doing. They have the best mh/$ value mining hardware, therefore the advantage of being able to do whatever they want with their business model. If you have any complaints, don't buy from them. It really is as simple as that.

But then what will we have to complain about?
legendary
What's a GPU?
June 16, 2012, 01:39:17 AM
Yes, we'll be posting more information about the SC products later on tonight this eon.  At the moment we're packing first run Mini Rigs mining until the postman gets here after having completed initialization dusting of the production line due to the many fans your the mini rigs.

FTFY!

Really though, BFL is doing well at what they're doing. They have the best mh/$ value mining hardware, therefore the advantage of being able to do whatever they want with their business model. If you have any complaints, don't buy from them. It really is as simple as that.
Activity: 632
June 16, 2012, 01:26:36 AM
Guys, read carefully:
Announcements regarding abbreviated shipping schedules and future product (BitForce SC) release will be made 4-6 weeks after June 15th.  Until then we will be focusing purely on Mini Rig shipments.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/production-update/

They still have time left.  Wink

Five hours if they're going by a time zone that they're not in Roll Eyes

Someone didn't read carefully Grin
donator
Activity: 289
June 15, 2012, 10:49:08 PM
So I guess this is what we get for an announcement? This was not up earlier today even though it says the 14th, so it might have been posted in the last couple hours. I think the last time I checked with 3PM. (Pacific)

http://www.butterflylabs.com/mini-rig-production-line/

From another thread:

Yes, we'll be posting more information about the SC products later on tonight.  At the moment we're packing first run Mini Rigs after having completed initialization of the production line.
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.
June 15, 2012, 10:45:49 PM
So I guess this is what we get for an announcement? This was not up earlier today even though it says the 14th, so it might have been posted in the last couple hours. I think the last time I checked with 3PM. (Pacific)

http://www.butterflylabs.com/mini-rig-production-line/
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
June 15, 2012, 10:10:45 PM
Guys, read carefully:
Announcements regarding abbreviated shipping schedules and future product (BitForce SC) release will be made 4-6 weeks after June 15th.  Until then we will be focusing purely on Mini Rig shipments.

They still have time left.  Wink

Do you know how much money they've brought in from selling minirigs and singles without shipping them? Why do you assume they're not in Tahiti? That would give them another 7 hours.
Activity: 462
I heart thebaron
June 15, 2012, 10:10:21 PM
If I worked at BFL, I don't think I would be able to go home and enjoy my weekend....

If I worked at BFL, I don't think I would be able to go home and enjoy my weekend either, as all of the good drugs seem to be back at the BFL shop, because they would have to be fucking HIGH to think that their business model will continue to prove successful.

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for a day at BFL, just to see their reactions to all of the 'respect' that their customers have for them. Unfortunately I am not a customer, because I am unwilling to wait for the next coming of Christ to receive my mining hardware, while paying for the opportunity to pull my hair out at the roots, ALL IN ADVANCE.

At least they are smart enough to realize that their shit would NEVER fly without 100% pre-payment up front. Partial deposits or unpaid pre-orders would simply be too easy to walk away from after 2-3 months of sitting with your thumb up your ass.....

WTF ? Pre-Order, no 100% paid-up-front ?, reasonable delivery ?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cairnsmore1-quad-xc6slx150-board-78239
What is this community coming to, when a company actually does what it promises to ?....OMFG

Hey BFL, how about pulling your heads out of your asses and taking a queue from another company that seems to be in a SIMILAR (although not even close as it seems) Industry to your own....
legendary
What's a GPU?
June 15, 2012, 10:08:28 PM
Guys, read carefully:
Announcements regarding abbreviated shipping schedules and future product (BitForce SC) release will be made 4-6 weeks after June 15th.  Until then we will be focusing purely on Mini Rig shipments.

Activity: 632
June 15, 2012, 10:07:46 PM
Guys, read carefully:

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
June 15, 2012, 09:27:52 PM
But it doesn't say 2013, neither does it say 2012.

That is true...

If I worked at BFL, I don't think I would be able to go home and enjoy my weekend without saying something to the effect of "Sorry guys, we know we said there would be an announcement today but due to {insert excuse here} it doesn't look like that will happen.  The good news is it allowed us to focus on shipping out more Mini Rigs today.  We don't know when we'll be able to make the announcement, but we expect we will have something for you in the next 2 weeks."
Pages:
Jump to: