Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder][RTM] Rastamine - 22+ Th/s perpetual mining bond - page 2. (Read 13646 times)

Activity: 423
Merit: 250
Hey Ashitank, today I have no plans to increase hash power of each bond.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Hey Rastapool any plans to increase hash power on these bonds as once 100thmine on picostocks starts mining at 200Mh/s per share for ~.28 btc RTM will loose its value quick.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Could have something to do with a new mining bond just IPOed on the exchange.
Activity: 378
   So I calculated approx. .07 BTC per share in the next 91 days. Assuming the decline is steady at a rate of decline of 26% per quarter, this means the next quarter would be .0518, the next .038, and the next .029. That means your one year return on your money is a total of .1888 BTC. So if you buy at .2 BTC, you will be making 94% on your money, if you buy at .3 you will make 62%, if you buy at .4 (like I did) you will make 47%.

Considering the uncertainty involved this is a fair return. Somebody just bought 67 shares at .2, so this is probably a really good deal if the share price stabilizes. Of course, if difficulty increases exponentially and mining yields decrease at an accelerating rate, then the calculation above will not be valid and the return will be less.

Ultimately whether this is a good investment or not all depends on confidence of investors, because we determine the share price. As far as mining bonds go, I figure this must be one of the best due to electricity in Ukraine being the cheapest in the world. I don't see how someone living in the US or Germany, paying 6+ cents per Kwh and paying higher cost of living for food and rent can compete with 3-4 cents per Kwh and cheaper labor, food, and rent. Since the dividends are currently backed by ASICMiner, at any price below .4, it's like buying discounted Asicminer passthrough shares.

It would be very helpful if rastapool could tell us if this rate of decline in dividends is expected to be steady or if it will accelerate.
some one just sold 68 shares at 0.2...seems he/she is panic about holding on PMB...
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
Mining bonds don't even have to be backed by mining at all, they are just dependent on difficulty.

Yes, it is good for the issuer (if he actually does mine) to have cheap electricity, but this doesn't influence the payout of the bond at all.
Activity: 728
   So I calculated approx. .07 BTC per share in the next 91 days. Assuming the decline is steady at a rate of decline of 26% per quarter, this means the next quarter would be .0518, the next .038, and the next .029. That means your one year return on your money is a total of .1888 BTC. So if you buy at .2 BTC, you will be making 94% on your money, if you buy at .3 you will make 62%, if you buy at .4 (like I did) you will make 47%.

Considering the uncertainty involved this is a fair return. Somebody just bought 67 shares at .2, so this is probably a really good deal if the share price stabilizes. Of course, if difficulty increases exponentially and mining yields decrease at an accelerating rate, then the calculation above will not be valid and the return will be less.

Ultimately whether this is a good investment or not all depends on confidence of investors, because we determine the share price. As far as mining bonds go, I figure this must be one of the best due to electricity in Ukraine being the cheapest in the world. I don't see how someone living in the US or Germany, paying 6+ cents per Kwh and paying higher cost of living for food and rent can compete with 3-4 cents per Kwh and cheaper labor, food, and rent. Since the dividends are currently backed by ASICMiner, at any price below .4, it's like buying discounted Asicminer passthrough shares.

It would be very helpful if rastapool could tell us if this rate of decline in dividends is expected to be steady or if it will accelerate.
  The dividend on this bond is higher than with ASICMiner- it's just a matter of calculating if the yield in dividend will be greater than the decline in price. I think this bond, which is paying over 70% is still undervalued, and if more people start investing in it the increase in price plus dividends can make it a really good investment. I own shares though.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Bitcoin: money chosen by the market.
Opinion:

This type of bond is generally better than owning a comparable bitcoin miner at the same price.

• You have no equipment to maintain.
  • The dividend is constantly higher than a miner produces.
  • The dividend and price do decline, but the same happens to a miner.
  • There is no electrical cost to pay.
  • It's easier to sell when you need to.

Activity: 560
  Also, I noticed dividends have been going down.. do you expect dividends to keep going down?

All mining divs will go down as difficulty increases, unless you constantly upgrade hardware.

As dividends are going down due to increased difficulty bond price is also going down south, is this still a good bond to invest in , can any body please throw some light on this.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
  Also, I noticed dividends have been going down.. do you expect dividends to keep going down?

It is expected to go down as difficulty increases. One bond equals a constant rate of 25Mh/s.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

All mining divs will go down as difficulty increases, unless you constantly upgrade hardware.
Activity: 423
2semaforo
RTM is 25.2 Mh/s 100 PPS steady bond.
I should have 126 Gh/s 100% PPS income to manage this securities. Currently I don't have my own hardware for 126 Gh/s and I using AM income for the divs. In the future, when I'll get enough hardware, this securities will have nothing to do with the AM.
What is the reason for this difference?
Currently I don't making money by selling my bonds. The last time I did this past summer. I have no influence on the current prices. Here is the market decide what is the price. What is the reason for that prices? I don't know.
Any changes planned with this asset?
No. Only to back bonds by my own hardware. And, probably, issue more bonds, when I'll have enough new hardware.
A question... I guess I just don't understand the structure of this fund- you are mining, and you say your shares are backed by ASICMiner shares. My calculations show a yearly return of about 40% on asicminer according to last weeks dividends, and RTM is currently paying 80% a year in dividends. What is the reason for this difference?
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I just want to say, yesterday I converted 25 shares of JAH to RTM on Bitfunder via rastapool and I am very happy with his service. The conversion was quick and professional and I think RTM is one of the best funds available today.   
Activity: 179
Bitcoin: money chosen by the market.
rastapool,

Any changes planned with this asset?

There's been quite a bit of volatility lately. Do you have something in the works?

It's possible that people are just reacting to Avalons, Blades and possibly Jalapeno's about to be delivered.
Activity: 125
how much for 2000 shares and whats the esimated profit?
Each share is from .38-.44btc apiece so 760-880btc total and each share is entitled to 25.2mH/s of mining revenue. So 2000 shares would be 50.4 gH/s which is currently 2.4Btc/day. If you can afford that many shares I sure am jelly I don't think more than 3-500 shares are even for sale currently even counting non upgraded JAH shares though. There is only 10k RTM shares max.
Activity: 125
Each share is entitled to 25.2mH/s of mining revenue. So 2000 shares would be 50.4 gH/s which is currently 2.4Btc/day. If you can afford that many shares I sure am jelly I don't think more than 3-500 shares are even for sale currently even counting non upgraded JAH shares though. There is only 10k RTM shares max.
Activity: 140
Troll of the Fourth Reich.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
I think this is one of the best and yet unknown investments available.   Smiley

I agree, mining bonds wise this so far has been one of the most silent ones - because it simply just works! Smiley

If it is a good (in the sense of profitable) investment is up to debate (ask EskimoBob...  Roll Eyes), but it definitely is a well executed asset.
Pages:
Jump to: