Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury - Mining Lighbulb - page 5. (Read 15387 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
June 18, 2015, 07:42:33 PM
Can you publish it online (Azure free tier?) and change Y axis to PH/s estimation ?
Nah, it's really not in any web-friendly sort of language, with charting done manually in either LibreOffice or OpenOffice, depending on which one vexes me least after respective updates Smiley  This sort of thing is best left to either organofcorti (though I guess he's sticking to weekly statistics for a reason), or any of the existing live services (who choose pie charts for a reason, presumably).  As for Ph/s estimation.. I could, but I'm not a fan of it.  While it's interesting to see some big numbers, in terms of pools' relative statistics, absolute Ph/s is somewhat moot every difficulty adjustment.  Number of blocks solved / %, to me, made more sense.

If I get the data I'll see if there is a way to represent it even better, I feel like a data day.
Have at it - though I can't give you the data as per Blocktrail's terms, their API is extremely easy to use - there's plenty of others.  The pool discrimination factors are something else - see organofcorti's blog, latest block count, comments section for some pointers.

Anyway, we're hijacking Bitfury's thread - back to their pool performance (Iceland - 2:1 - Georgia), Tbilisi relief, and/or lightbulbs? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
June 18, 2015, 05:43:56 PM
Where are you pulling the data for that from?
Combination of Blocktrail.com and my own parser (second opinion / catching any strays, recording some additional info - e.g. the block size vote indicators as of late)
Can you publish it online (Azure free tier?) and change Y axis to PH/s estimation ?

If I get the data I'll see if there is a way to represent it even better, I feel like a data day.
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs
June 18, 2015, 03:43:57 PM
Combination of Blocktrail.com and my own parser (second opinion / catching any strays, recording some additional info - e.g. the block size vote indicators as of late)
FUN > ROI
June 18, 2015, 02:55:10 PM
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
June 18, 2015, 02:40:20 PM
Impressive growth to BitFury pool in the last week
In a graph-y graph - click for large, but basically the crimson river going up up up is them:

donator
June 18, 2015, 11:09:53 AM
In a graph-y graph - click for large, but basically the crimson river going up up up is them:

I believe Bitfury won't be dumping their mined btc as it has been done as of late by other large mining operations.  This should increase btc price steadily (less sell supply).
Why?

There were repeating rumors from multiple sources regarding massive liquidation by BitFury 8 months ago on the exchanges.
I know from first hand, not rumors, that they're selling a lot OTC.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
June 18, 2015, 09:45:39 AM

I believe Bitfury won't be dumping their mined btc as it has been done as of late by other large mining operations.  This should increase btc price steadily (less sell supply).
donator
June 18, 2015, 07:11:18 AM

Good visualization.
FUN > ROI
June 18, 2015, 07:06:24 AM
donator
June 18, 2015, 04:29:34 AM
Impressive growth to BitFury pool in the last week:

https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC
https://www.btc123.com/mining/

Probably not due to a massive installation of mining light bulbs Smiley

https://twitter.com/BitfuryGeorge/status/606062996411031552

Mixed of unconfirmed rumors, from various sources, take it with a grain of salt, non of it confirmed:

- 0.35 - 0.37 J/GH at the wall
- Air cooling, probably by replacing old BF3500 hashing boards
- Immersion cooling "on hold"
- UMC 28
- Working on TSMC 28 and TSMC 16

Let's see when and where the growth will stop.
Still waiting for KNC deployment ...

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
June 15, 2015, 01:58:42 PM
Yep, and you're probably right, but as a twenty-something I can safely say most young people are idiots.

This.

/thread
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
June 08, 2015, 09:41:47 AM
Call me old school, but I really like owning things. Means I can break them and then fix them without anyone else getting involved. Or improving them. Or loaning them out to friends. Leasing stuff forever makes it easy to be transient, but it also makes the guys that own the stuff you're leasing that much richer.

Not every company building mining devices into every single thing ever is going to allow you to choose your own pool. Not saying BitFury's lightbulbs will be that locked down, but I expect it to happen to a lot of other things.

I don't always assume only bad things happen. I always assume the rich and powerful base all decisions on being more rich and/or powerful by taking advantage of the customer base (sometimes deceptively).
Just pointing out an emerging trend with younger generation

Yep, and you're probably right, but as a twenty-something I can safely say most young people are idiots.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
/dev/null
June 08, 2015, 03:41:11 AM
ahh, so it is not joke or something....Smiley

anyway, cool gadgets for geeks and techies, otherwise for sure without ROI and just for "I'm mining with my light-bulb" feeling. And pink looks nice..
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
June 08, 2015, 02:15:37 AM
Call me old school, but I really like owning things. Means I can break them and then fix them without anyone else getting involved. Or improving them. Or loaning them out to friends. Leasing stuff forever makes it easy to be transient, but it also makes the guys that own the stuff you're leasing that much richer.

Not every company building mining devices into every single thing ever is going to allow you to choose your own pool. Not saying BitFury's lightbulbs will be that locked down, but I expect it to happen to a lot of other things.

I don't always assume only bad things happen. I always assume the rich and powerful base all decisions on being more rich and/or powerful by taking advantage of the customer base (sometimes deceptively).
Just pointing out an emerging trend with younger generation
legendary
June 06, 2015, 11:13:43 AM
They say "this could all be controlled with an iPhone" but yeah there'd probably also be an Android app. Or if it's webconfig-based, but that could greatly increase the internal processor requirements (unless they go the ASICMiner route).

But yes, I know from experience that "Mains power and kids go POOF" is a very accurate statement. Educational tools for bitcoin are a great idea, but it's probably a slightly greater idea to make educational tools for bitcoin that are a bit safer. Who knows though, they might do some good with these.
Activity: 924
June 06, 2015, 10:50:03 AM
All they needed was light bulb screw base, a microprocessor, a wifi chip, and a bitcoin mining chip. This could all be controlled with an iPhone.

Yep, because that's more readily accessible than a single USB port and a single open-source executable which can run on almost any platform. Not that I don't like educational tools - the stick miner I'm building is more or less deliberately that - but when I think about "I wanted kids to be able to do it" I don't immediately think about access to mains power and $300 smartphones.

Ya Mains power and kids go POOF.

$300 dollar smartphones? Won't a knock off work?
Activity: 784
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
June 06, 2015, 12:30:30 AM
Mining ak-47.  Good idea or not?

legendary
June 05, 2015, 11:29:00 AM
All they needed was light bulb screw base, a microprocessor, a wifi chip, and a bitcoin mining chip. This could all be controlled with an iPhone.

Yep, because that's more readily accessible than a single USB port and a single open-source executable which can run on almost any platform. Not that I don't like educational tools - the stick miner I'm building is more or less deliberately that - but when I think about "I wanted kids to be able to do it" I don't immediately think about access to mains power and $300 smartphones.
FUN > ROI
Activity: 784
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
June 05, 2015, 12:38:04 AM
You know, I was thinking you could probably make a deal with chicken farmers and others who require heat bulbs and allow them free use of the bulbs while you take in BTC and pay zero electric. Only issue is making sure there is wifi there which could fixed with a cheap mifi but that would really cut into cost  and possibility of an roi.

I am a chicken farmer.  My chickens love the cold.  The chickens would take the zero degree day over any 110 F day anytime.
Pages:
Jump to: