Pages:
Author

Topic: BitGo withdrawal fee is too high - page 3. (Read 483 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
July 28, 2020, 08:15:16 AM
These are the only options and fields available. In both images it is shows, that whatever I choose, my available amount to be send does not change. And there is no line that shows real fee.

I've asked same question on reddit and the first answer was "Not your keys, not your wallet. BitGo may charge you what ever they want"... This was my first bitcoin wallet created years ago and I did not expect situation to be in this way.

With such an attitude from BitGo I would love to move all my funds and even wait for weeks for them to be transferred.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
July 28, 2020, 08:08:48 AM
I'm guessing you chose their hot wallet known as "BitGo Pay As You Go wallet" which charges 0.25% transaction fee for bitcoin withdrawals. Still, that's way less than the BTC.03  being "eaten" by the wallet. Does the wallet require you to have a minimum balance like what bank accounts do? I know it's a crazy idea but it's strange that your total balance is almost BTC0.15 but what's being shown as available is BTC0.12

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
July 28, 2020, 08:06:07 AM
From 2 images you uploaded. I see the first image, you do correctly by set your transaction fee at 1 satoshi / byte. It means you don't care about estimated priority of your transaction if you click on send at the fee.

But in the second image, you choose high priority with the estimated waiting blocks to get first confirmation is 2 blocks. That surely will charge you high fees.

However, in both images, I don't see the fees you will be charge if you move it at 1 satoshi/byte or with the high priority option (how much high the fee is at satoshi/ byte). I don't see such info in 2 images.

I the second image, I guess the fees will be different from time to time to meet high priority and get first confirmation after 2 blocks. Sure fee will be terribly high because you are in fee rush.
legendary
July 28, 2020, 07:55:20 AM
The only option I have is to set "Transaction Priority" (from "High priority (Est. 2 blocks)" to "Custom fee in Satoshi per byte").
What happens if you set the custom fee to 1 sat/byte? My guess is you've received many small transactions, and spending all at once leads to a large transaction size, and thus a large fee.
If that's the case, and you're not in a hurry, you should set a low fee per byte. You're going to want to read Consolidate your small inputs!. Fees are currently not very low, so take your time.

I've never used "BitGo wallet", I'm just guessing based on similar experiences.

Yes, I receive lots of small transactions (weekly signature rewards) and try to withdraw the whole amount at once.

Setting custom fee of "1 sat/byte" does not change my amount available. I dont know what this is even for.

As I understood, the more I receive in my account, the more BitGo charge me for fee. But this does not look like what is written in their Pricing

Right now, I'm not in a hurry, I can send everything by parts. I'm just disagree with amount available...
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
July 28, 2020, 07:40:19 AM
The only option I have is to set "Transaction Priority" (from "High priority (Est. 2 blocks)" to "Custom fee in Satoshi per byte").
What happens if you set the custom fee to 1 sat/byte? My guess is you've received many small transactions, and spending all at once leads to a large transaction size, and thus a large fee.
If that's the case, and you're not in a hurry, you should set a low fee per byte. You're going to want to read Consolidate your small inputs!. Fees are currently not very low, so take your time.

I've never used "BitGo wallet", I'm just guessing based on similar experiences.
legendary
July 28, 2020, 07:34:39 AM
Did not expect that I will create a topic here, but here is my story and I'm asking for an advice.

I'm trying to withdraw some funds from BitGo online wallet. Transfer fee is just killing me. When I try to withdraw around 0.15 BTC, wallet wrote that I have available around 0.12 BTC only. This withdrawal fee seems very high imho. The only option I have is to set "Transaction Priority" (from "High priority (Est. 2 blocks)" to "Custom fee in Satoshi per byte"). Changing transaction priority does not affect the amount available.

Do I understand it right - I do not have any option to get my 0.15 BTC, instead of 0.12 BTC and I all I have is to take this as a lesson?

Pages:
Jump to: